Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

canceling membership advice

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Hi! it is Erin and i was wondering,what happened to my account when i quit membership? are all my companions deleted and am i sent to begin the whole thing again? or is it something less dramatic like just back to skull island and when i renew my membership i can play from the same quest again?

ERIN

i guess i won't see you in the spiral a lot so, thanks for all your help and i might be back!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

You will not lose your character or companions if you cancel your membership. You will have access to the game for the time that you've already paid for. Then after that, you can only access the free to play areas of the game.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

You will not lose your character or companions if you cancel your membership. You will have access to the game for the time that you've already paid for. Then after that, you can only access the free to play areas of the game.
I was under the impression that if you cancelled your membership that you would still have access to the areas you had visited while you had your membership. If I pay Crowns for an area, I understand I will always have access to that area. If we cancel our membership and only have access to the Free to Play areas, it sounds like there are a little better benefits to paying for each book even though initially it costs more.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
I was under the impression that if you cancelled your membership that you would still have access to the areas you had visited while you had your membership. If I pay Crowns for an area, I understand I will always have access to that area. If we cancel our membership and only have access to the Free to Play areas, it sounds like there are a little better benefits to paying for each book even though initially it costs more.
Membership and crowns are two different methods. If you have membership (subscription) you have access to all areas until your membership or subscription ends. If you buy an area with crowns you will always have access to that area. Hope this helps.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Thank you so much! may be back in the future! thank you for the exiting adventures you have given me.ERIN

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Hi! it is Erin and i was wondering,what happened to my account when i quit membership? are all my companions deleted and am i sent to begin the whole thing again? or is it something less dramatic like just back to skull island and when i renew my membership i can play from the same quest again?

ERIN

i guess i won't see you in the spiral a lot so, thanks for all your help and i might be back!
If you don't have a membership, you Backpack is limited to 80 items which includes any Pets you have in there.