Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should there be a trading card game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 21, 2012
Ahoy everyone!! This is Martin Ironside but you can also call me Martin the Hood of the Snake Hood Pirates(Yeah, cool name right?). Earlier I was doing some thinking in my cabin dreaming of the wizards of the past and the pirates of now. So I came up with something incredible. You know how those wizards have those enchanted cards to cast their many amazing elemental spells and we pirates have our outstanding strategic combat? Just thinking of that set and image in my mind: A Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 trading card game. Just think, all the characters, all the worlds, all the weapons, all the powers, all on cards you can collect and trade with your friends. I can just tell it will make both games even more popular. I want you all to band together and tell me what you think and also, if you feel up to it, you can send me some artwork as well. Lets make this dream a reality

-Martin the Hood

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
no. never sorry but i am completely against this, ki does not need yet another useless project taking away resources from pirate101

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Martin the Hood on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy everyone!! This is Martin Ironside but you can also call me Martin the Hood of the Snake Hood Pirates(Yeah, cool name right?). Earlier I was doing some thinking in my cabin dreaming of the wizards of the past and the pirates of now. So I came up with something incredible. You know how those wizards have those enchanted cards to cast their many amazing elemental spells and we pirates have our outstanding strategic combat? Just thinking of that set and image in my mind: A Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 trading card game. Just think, all the characters, all the worlds, all the weapons, all the powers, all on cards you can collect and trade with your friends. I can just tell it will make both games even more popular. I want you all to band together and tell me what you think and also, if you feel up to it, you can send me some artwork as well. Lets make this dream a reality

-Martin the Hood
Hello there Martin, the Hood of the Snake Hood Pirates! Welcome to the message boards.

That's an interesting idea there and I have not played Wizard101, and likewise have not really seen much of the 'card play'. I think in pirates we already have some trading of cards (sort of), well doubloons at least and also the ability to sell and buy a limited selection of higher ranked 'card items' in the Bazaar. Trading of gear among friends, has been discussed before, but that may take away from the farming and do-it-yourself aspect of being a pirate in the Spiral. However, I've often wanted to trade or give an extra piece of card attached, No-Auction gear to someone that has had horrible luck at getting it on their own. Some items you get multiple copies of and really only go well with one particular class. So helping out a fellow pirate would be nice, and since you both would have to agree on it, it would still require both parties participation.

It is an interesting idea, but our pirate's cards are attached to gear and there are lots of gear that other classes can't use due to training/talent restrictions. I kind of like how the system is set up on Pirates and having to work for your gear. I'm just grateful that they lifted the No Trade label on 'exclusive No-Auction gear'. And by trading Doubloons we can have some fun with the 'trading aspect' of 1-time use powers/buffs.

Well, just wanted to say hello and welcome to the message boards! Keep up the posting and coming up with ideas and enjoy your stay here!

Ensign
Jan 21, 2012
Ahoy readers!!! This is Martin the hood with a message to the readers of this post. This special message is for the one who goes by the name of Valkoor the Victorious. First off, I would like to thank you for reading my post. Second, I have read your reply and assumed you might be confused as to what I am trying to say. I mean to say that there should be a trading card game in the worlds beyond our great universe known as The Spiral (by that I mean IRL). I can tell you were thinking about our powers we pirates can learn from our dear teachers and the powers that come from the equipment we buy. I was thinking about cards you can actually feel in your true hands (by that I mean not your avatar's hands). I have heard of the many card games that my true self has seen in his world and would love to bring the world of the spiral (and its many items and characters) to the outer world. Just wanted to un-cloud your perspective on my idea.

(Just to put it in simple words: Like baseball cards or Magic: The Gathering. in our world, IRL).

-Martin the Hood

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Martin the Hood on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy readers!!! This is Martin the hood with a message to the readers of this post. This special message is for the one who goes by the name of Valkoor the Victorious. First off, I would like to thank you for reading my post. Second, I have read your reply and assumed you might be confused as to what I am trying to say. I mean to say that there should be a trading card game in the worlds beyond our great universe known as The Spiral (by that I mean IRL). I can tell you were thinking about our powers we pirates can learn from our dear teachers and the powers that come from the equipment we buy. I was thinking about cards you can actually feel in your true hands (by that I mean not your avatar's hands). I have heard of the many card games that my true self has seen in his world and would love to bring the world of the spiral (and its many items and characters) to the outer world. Just wanted to un-cloud your perspective on my idea.

(Just to put it in simple words: Like baseball cards or Magic: The Gathering. in our world, IRL).

-Martin the Hood
Well, Martin the Hood...you sure got me! I absolutely was confused. Heck I'd be hard pressed to find a moment that I am not confused, bewildered, disoriented, befuddled, nonplussed, perplexed, muddled, befuddled, baffled, puzzled and/or mystified! It's kind of exciting! (Thank you, online Thesaurus).

But you certainly had me at the 'you might be confused' part. As, often does during times of brain fog, a bright light in my head decided to illuminate upon the reading of those words. For it was at that point that I realized that I was quite a bit off track. The rest that followed was quite humorous and delightful sarcasm at it's finest and I thank you for straightening me out and helping that light to once again shine ever so bright. I'm...how do you put this...a bit slightly more progressed from my birth than some posters here and the thought of an actual trading card game, involving and stemming from a video game, had not even registered to me. I'm used to those highly advanced card games, such as Go Fish, Uno, WAR, Old Maid, Memory and Attach a Baseball Card to Your Bike Spoke. These Trading Card Games that you speak of sound fascinating. I've heard mystic tales in the wind of these kinds of games, I think one was the Jamaican game of Poke, Hey Mon and there's also a Dragging Bows, Weee...or something like that.

I do have quite the collection of baseball cards, but that's about it. But now that I see the light, I think that your idea, your intended one and not my confusingly perceived one, would seem to transition from the game to trading cards quite nicely. Seems like there would be enough 'card options' taken from the game to create a pretty interesting set of trade-able cards.

And wait a second....just who is doing all this Gathering of Magic-- enough so to be able to actually create a trading card game? I thought that was just a convention in Las Vegas where magicians talked shop. Once again, confused I am.