Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does a companion's level matter

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
I know companions' level up to get stronger but here's what I mean: like a companion on the level cap exactly or a companion a level above the level cap?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The higher level would make it stronger.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
zachshock on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
I know companions' level up to get stronger but here's what I mean: like a companion on the level cap exactly or a companion a level above the level cap?
Only one thing you need to remember about Companion Level; the higher the better.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Yes, while a companion's level does matter, their talents and epics also matter as well.

For example, a companion trained Quick Draw and Double tap is more likely to win against a companion with Return Fire and Parting Shot.

Even besides that, it's mostly strategy that makes a companion's skills and levels matter.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When a Companion is at or above the Level Cap, all that means is that you cannot increase that Companions Level or Statistics any more. The level still matters because the higher the level the better the statistics of the Companion. This means that at the higher level the Companion will do more damage, be able to deflect or dodge attacks, and have less damage done to him/her/it. So, I guess that if you can put off getting a Companion till you are at the Level Cap and then get them, they will be at or above the Level Cap without having to spend Training Points to raise them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There's not much difference if the Companion is Level 63 or Level 65 or Level 67. Now if your companion was Level 45 showing up to a Level 65 fight, then you might have some issues.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
zachshock on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
Above the level cap would be stronger