Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloon probabilities

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
There has got to be something wrong with the probabilities on when doubloons show up.

The claim is that the lower the number underneath the doubloon, the more likely it will show up in combat.

Then why is it I can't get my Shower of Treasure, of which I have 20 and is in the #1 slot, to show up while the Mark of Marlebone, of which I have 8 and is in the #4 slot, has shown up ten times?

Something has GOT to be wrong.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on May 12, 2015 wrote:
There has got to be something wrong with the probabilities on when doubloons show up.

The claim is that the lower the number underneath the doubloon, the more likely it will show up in combat.

Then why is it I can't get my Shower of Treasure, of which I have 20 and is in the #1 slot, to show up while the Mark of Marlebone, of which I have 8 and is in the #4 slot, has shown up ten times?

Something has GOT to be wrong.
I don't bother to order my doubloons anymore, I just discard the ones I don't need and wait for the ones I want to show up.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Yes, there is something wrong with the chances. Calamity PixieShade pointed this out a while ago, and I have noticed it as well. The only thing to do at the moment is discard or use the doubloons you don't want and hope for the best. Either that, or move Treasure Bath to the #4 slot.

(I would link to Calamity's thread, but I'm using a tablet at the moment and can't seem to copy links.)

Ensign
Sep 22, 2014
Hello, Everyone , i have been experiencing the same thing but i did figure out a solution, every 3-5 battles or so, make the #1 doubloon to #2 and make it #1 again, this might help. You know how boochbeard says the game can't remember wins or loses in pvp, i think the game just has a mix up with the doubloons and can't keep track of them.

Generous Blaze Jackson level 46

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Generous Blaze Jac... on May 15, 2015 wrote:
Hello, Everyone , i have been experiencing the same thing but i did figure out a solution, every 3-5 battles or so, make the #1 doubloon to #2 and make it #1 again, this might help. You know how boochbeard says the game can't remember wins or loses in pvp, i think the game just has a mix up with the doubloons and can't keep track of them.

Generous Blaze Jackson level 46
Interesting, Jack. Do you mean to fight a battle between moving the doubloon back to slot 2 or just drop it into slot 2 and then immediately shift it back to slot 1?