Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch Doctor bad guys a grain of sand in a dessert

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2009
Why is there not a lot of witch doctor enemy's in the game. These are the only ones I can think of and there basically a minority in the game.
Skull Island - Troggy Shaman, Shark Oungans, One Crab Hermit (Squinty), and Undead Hogans
Monquesta - None
Valencia - None
Cool Ranch - Undead Hogans (Only in the battles of Bosun Budd and Caption Blood), Raven (Skreech from Old Scratch's promotion)
Mooshu - Inoshishi Necromancers, Tango Sorcerers, Raven (Raven Island)
Marleybone - Bishop
Aquila - Ravens (4 in total), Serpent augurs, Saytar

Compared to other classes these guys are nothing but a spec of sand in a dessert. I hope the next update will bring some new interesting juju know-tos to the game (and maybe even a companion or two).

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I totally agree, the main gist of enemies are buccaneer and musketeer now. You see a fair amount of swashbucklers, very few privateers, and next to zero witchdoctors. It would be nice to have more witchdoctor enemies with the next world update, and I think a witchdoctor armada troop, like Bishop, would be a great addition.

Clever Sam Jones

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I imagine its just because it is really hard to balance a witchdoctor enemy, they end having to need a lot of epics if they are going to be able to fight, as normally witchdoctors rely on special attacks, which your everyday enemy cant have. This usually means that, because epics are very situational, a witchdoctor may have no trouble defeating them, as because of the high will and high resistance, epics like mojo echo and mojo rising will not activate, while with a buccaneer those epics will activate a lot, while an enemy with witch hunter and retribution (I think thats what it is called) would be extremely hard for witchdoctors to combat, while a buccaneer would have no problem. Having them all together results in a pain in the butt for both classes, and then consider ballencing them with the other 3 classes, and it becomes a problem.

Also not many people can train as a witchdoctor, while guns and swords are simpler and easier to get in general, so it makes sense there would be few witchdoctors.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The power of Hoodoo is rare, to call upon the spirits on the other side ( and this proves that hoodoo is very different from wizard magic ) takes a certain talent or natural ability. Which is why we don't see a lot of these necromancers or spirit callers. And this is a good thing!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
That is true. There isn't many witch doctor enemies. You can also say the same thing about privateers. There is SO MANY musketeers and buccaneers and a lot of swashbucklers. I guess some classes or more flexible on how you can design a enemy.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What about Moo Manchu?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Dec 12, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
What about Moo Manchu?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
How could I forget Moo!