Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Dorado Map Theories (SPOILERS)

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
I had some possible theories about the last 2 pieces of the El Dorado Map and here they are:

- "Your the Map Cap'n" Theory
This one is a bit complicated. This theory states that somehow you are the last piece of the map! It could be that your parents gave you a charm that will reveal the last part of the map when the other six have been brought back together. It could be that a mark was engraved on you arms or your face that only is visible when the other pieces are together. There are many other possibilities.

- "Woodburrow" Theory
This theory is most likely not true but I will state in anyway. Woodburrow is a large forest that is inhabited by Squirrels, (VERY FEW) Foxes, and some other woodland creatures. This theory states that the man with the braided hair in the photo is from this world and he has placed his piece of the map in a large tree (similar to Bartleby from Wizard101) that is in the center of the world. The Armada knows the map piece is in the tree but can not penetrate it. You have to find seven Golden Acorns that can open the tree.

I have other theories that I will post later on and I hope to hear some others too!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Coyle Thundershard on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
I had some possible theories about the last 2 pieces of the El Dorado Map and here they are:

- "Your the Map Cap'n" Theory
This one is a bit complicated. This theory states that somehow you are the last piece of the map! It could be that your parents gave you a charm that will reveal the last part of the map when the other six have been brought back together. It could be that a mark was engraved on you arms or your face that only is visible when the other pieces are together. There are many other possibilities.

- "Woodburrow" Theory
This theory is most likely not true but I will state in anyway. Woodburrow is a large forest that is inhabited by Squirrels, (VERY FEW) Foxes, and some other woodland creatures. This theory states that the man with the braided hair in the photo is from this world and he has placed his piece of the map in a large tree (similar to Bartleby from Wizard101) that is in the center of the world. The Armada knows the map piece is in the tree but can not penetrate it. You have to find seven Golden Acorns that can open the tree.

I have other theories that I will post later on and I hope to hear some others too!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65
The "Woodberry" theory is very imaginative, except for one fact - there is no man with braided hair in the photo. We know the names of all the pirates in the photo and their fates ( except for one ).
Marco Pollo ( deceased ) Christopher Clark ( deceased ), Our mother ( also deceased ). Argos, Catbeard, Egg Fu Yung, and Erica the Red.
I really like the idea that we actually have the last piece of the map, either locked in our minds or ( as I saw in one pirate movie ) tattooed on our body somewhere.
I would like to present another possibility for the location of the last map piece: it's in the possession of our foster parents.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
The "Woodberry" theory is very imaginative, except for one fact - there is no man with braided hair in the photo. We know the names of all the pirates in the photo and their fates ( except for one ).
Marco Pollo ( deceased ) Christopher Clark ( deceased ), Our mother ( also deceased ). Argos, Catbeard, Egg Fu Yung, and Erica the Red.
I really like the idea that we actually have the last piece of the map, either locked in our minds or ( as I saw in one pirate movie ) tattooed on our body somewhere.
I would like to present another possibility for the location of the last map piece: it's in the possession of our foster parents.
This would be a nice use of our background, I honestly think that in addition, the Presidio companion that knew our parents would also be a large factor in retrieving the map as well - they actually knew our parents, there has to be something he can tell us. But what I would REALLY like to see would be a 'reunion'; for privateers, they get not one, but 2 of Marco Pollo's crew, Catbeard and Argos. While I don't know why we haven't told them that our mother was with them in El Dorado already, but in the next book, maybe some way to get the map piece would be to bring the survivors together, including Egg Foo Yung and Erica the Red. And while I know that we still need to get Erika's piece, maybe she has some insight she can offer us about our mother? Heck, maybe no one else on the crew knew anything about our mom except Erica, and she's the key to finding her piece. Food for thought.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
What if the last piece is in El Dorado. Wouldn't that make sense? Having that much money would make you the most powerful person in The Spiral. So hiding the last piece makes sense. Even splitting with Avery, would make him way more powerful than he already is right now. Besides, having a complete map doesn't happen too often.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
What if the last piece is in El Dorado. Wouldn't that make sense? Having that much money would make you the most powerful person in The Spiral. So hiding the last piece makes sense. Even splitting with Avery, would make him way more powerful than he already is right now. Besides, having a complete map doesn't happen too often.

But you need the map to get there... That creates a paradox.

You need to map to get to el dorado, but you need to get to el dorado to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, which you need to go to to get the map, which you need to get to el dorado, etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:

Interesting, except that we are told that the map must be complete before we can use the map to get to El Dorado.
Post Edit: placing the last map piece in El Dorado makes the whole "find the pieces of the map so we can get to El Dorado" kind of pointless.