Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easier bumbaloon quest, please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2013
Hey there it's funiebunie again. Kingsisle , (see what I did there?)please make the bumbaloon quest easier! Make them level 20 only please, it would help. Also, HAVE 4 BUMBALOONS ON YOUR SHIP, NOT ONE PLEASE! That's a huge issue, dragging the quest out. Also, our companions NEED to level up faster to get this done in the game now. They always die, and should get just a bit more health (I only have a level 25 you know!) Bye!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Funiemusketeer on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
Hey there it's funiebunie again. Kingsisle , (see what I did there?)please make the bumbaloon quest easier! Make them level 20 only please, it would help. Also, HAVE 4 BUMBALOONS ON YOUR SHIP, NOT ONE PLEASE! That's a huge issue, dragging the quest out. Also, our companions NEED to level up faster to get this done in the game now. They always die, and should get just a bit more health (I only have a level 25 you know!) Bye!
There is no excuse now for companions to be underleveled, set them to Brawlin' for their own XP or Plunderin' for gold. If you have a companion the same level ( or above as you ) set them to Keelhaulin'. Many players are above 20th level when they do this quest; have you done some side quests to raise your level?
Four Bumbaloons at a time is too much!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Funiemusketeer on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
At least it's only four bumbaloons. It could have been twice as bad; you would have to slaughter 8 of the wick things.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
When comes fighting with these mighty creatures, be sure to have a well trained companion equivalent to your pirate character's level.Depending what pirate class you have chosen, will determined how difficult certain quests will be. I find as a Buccaneer and a Swashbuckler this quest challenging but not that difficult, Swashbucklers hit fast and hard, Buccaneers are powerful and hit multiple times.If your character is a witchdoctor this will be very daunting quest. Be sure to heal frequently, based on my experience as a witchdoctor this class can't take too much physical damage,even with the light armor talent.

In other words it depend what pirate class makes the questing from not that hard to daunting.At least your character will be half done when defeating some bumballoons. It was reduced from 12 to 8 from the last major update. Until then good luck on defeating these mighty creatures.

Community Leader
I do believe this particular quest has already seen a few nerfs.

The required number I am fairly sure was lowered.

Do side quests to level up to make your pirate stronger, and level up those companions.
We have all the means of leveling up companions we've always had, plus the new companion tasking which is set it and forget it. Its never been easier, and I cant imagine making it any easier.

Good Luck!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I agree, the quest is long and boring. It has already been nerfed but it needs more of it. Either the amount of Bumbaloons needs to be lowered or when you fight them there are 4 of them not one.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
No Nerfing! I believe you are capable of rising to meet this challenge. Follow the advice already in this thread. We await your triumphant post.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One Eyed Jack did a great guide in the May 2013 Newsletter. Just follow his advice and level those companions and you should do fine.