Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Battle Board Design

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I feel that the battle board is kind of boring. You know, the board where you plan out your moves in combat. Possibly spicing it up with colors that move around, changing the design to fit a world theme, or anything cool compared to the old design would be great. Anyone else want a nice, fresh looking redesign of the battle board? I bet many of you have never thought about the design until now. I mean, you do look at it A LOT throughout the game.

Tireless Evan Evans 65

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Thanks, I'd rather not have a distraction in the form of moving colors while I'm deciding who goes where -- particularly when I'm in a group situation, when negotiating the other player's moves is also an issue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMC99 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
I feel that the battle board is kind of boring. You know, the board where you plan out your moves in combat. Possibly spicing it up with colors that move around, changing the design to fit a world theme, or anything cool compared to the old design would be great. Anyone else want a nice, fresh looking redesign of the battle board? I bet many of you have never thought about the design until now. I mean, you do look at it A LOT throughout the game.

Tireless Evan Evans 65
In this case simple is best - its there so you can plan out an attack, 'spicing' it up would just be too distracting, its annoying enough with the 'jiggle'/suggestion boxes.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I think colors and changes this far into the game would make the battleboard distracting and confusing for longtime players and even new players, especially the younger ones. I like the simple look of the battleboard because it makes it easy to understand and plan moves. And as Fiorenza pointed out, when battling in a group, moving colors would make it difficult to decide who's going where.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I'm fine with it. As we all know, the game board is loosely based off a chess board. I think it is done great as far as chessboards go.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, I'd rather not have a distraction in the form of moving colors while I'm deciding who goes where -- particularly when I'm in a group situation, when negotiating the other player's moves is also an issue.
Well, yeah, moving colors is a very bad idea, at least for how the board is set up now. There could be future designs where it could fit in nicely, but not over the top. I was just giving a few examples of things that could be done.