Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scrip collecting in Aquila - Solo

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
I was in Aquila concentrating on the two boss ships battles, which I did for an hour. Yes, granted it takes longer to take down the ships when you are solo, but I wanted to test out if it would be worth farming solo. As we all know sometimes there is just not anyone around to lend a helping hand.

So I did farm both for a little over an hour as well as random ships of course while waiting for them to spawn. I wanted to report a total of Zero Scrip.

I know the ship farming parties will be going full force once this goes live, since we will now have two reasons to schedule these ship farming gatherings.

I did see that they (the group that was was out farming last night) collected over some where around 150 -give or take- scrip last night while farming in MB and Aquila I think they were out there for a couple of hours.

I just wanted to give it s shot to see how it would go solo since the adjustments have taken place.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Testing areas to solo, I believe I have found a decent area with quick battles. In Mooshu, Subabta Skyway there is a boss ship by the Jade Fleet. Sanada Juyushi boss ship is dropping scrip every time in the amounts of 8, 6, 8 so far.

Just wanted to get this area up on the boards, I will continue to test for a while today to see how consistent the drop rate is.

Developer
Aww... You should have just asked. I could tell you right away that solo hunting for bosses would not be worthwhile. In fact I believe I mentioned that somewhere previously: I wouldn't pass up a chance to sink a boss, but neither would I seek them out exclusively if I was farming for scrip.

That being said-- You guys have all done an excellent job testing player behavior for me. The scrip drop results are almost exactly as expected at the intersection of drop rate and player behavior.

The farming parties are under-performing just a tiny bit from my expectations but... as I said before, the scrip drop rate is adjusted for a determined but casual player-- and so I will make some allowances for a bit of unproductive time spent chatting, organizing, and playing rubby-patty to increase your loot drop rates.*

I think you will all be very happy when it goes Live with the final scrip drop rates (ships, bosses, towers, and Arena).

* Warning: Rubby-patty does not actually increase loot drop rates. Do not use rubby-patty in conjunction with Happy Fun Ball.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
Wicked Savannah on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
I was in Aquila concentrating on the two boss ships battles, which I did for an hour. Yes, granted it takes longer to take down the ships when you are solo, but I wanted to test out if it would be worth farming solo. As we all know sometimes there is just not anyone around to lend a helping hand.

So I did farm both for a little over an hour as well as random ships of course while waiting for them to spawn. I wanted to report a total of Zero Scrip.

I know the ship farming parties will be going full force once this goes live, since we will now have two reasons to schedule these ship farming gatherings.

I did see that they (the group that was was out farming last night) collected over some where around 150 -give or take- scrip last night while farming in MB and Aquila I think they were out there for a couple of hours.

I just wanted to give it s shot to see how it would go solo since the adjustments have taken place.
Do you mean Chrissy's group

though even solo i thought that you would have gotten a lot more than none.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
TheSwashBucklerMas... on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Do you mean Chrissy's group

though even solo i thought that you would have gotten a lot more than none.
Yes I was watching the feed in that group on twitter last night as I was farming solo.

Well, I knew it was gonna be low, that is why I wanted to test it out. But I figured I would have just put it out there as being tested.

I have gone around and tested multiple areas. Just to see what would drop for me

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Ratbeard on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Aww... You should have just asked. I could tell you right away that solo hunting for bosses would not be worthwhile. In fact I believe I mentioned that somewhere previously: I wouldn't pass up a chance to sink a boss, but neither would I seek them out exclusively if I was farming for scrip.

That being said-- You guys have all done an excellent job testing player behavior for me. The scrip drop results are almost exactly as expected at the intersection of drop rate and player behavior.

The farming parties are under-performing just a tiny bit from my expectations but... as I said before, the scrip drop rate is adjusted for a determined but casual player-- and so I will make some allowances for a bit of unproductive time spent chatting, organizing, and playing rubby-patty to increase your loot drop rates.*

I think you will all be very happy when it goes Live with the final scrip drop rates (ships, bosses, towers, and Arena).

* Warning: Rubby-patty does not actually increase loot drop rates. Do not use rubby-patty in conjunction with Happy Fun Ball.
Thank you for commenting. I have to admit I was not rubbing my tummy just right last night while farming. But I was curious as to what would happen.

I just know that after the excitement of this hitting live, the farming parties will drop off after a while and people will still need to be looking for scrip. So I thought I would test out a few bosses in a few areas.

I did have much better luck in Mooshu today though

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Glad to see there are more group features coming. Even this soloist gets lonely sometimes.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014

Oh, in Chrissy's group someone was complaining that ships in the range of beachead's canons should have more chance for scrip

for the"risk factor" they said. ( I will keep "they" anonymous )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

I know it doesn't "Really" affect rates, I just gotta keep the silly factor in there, It's inherent to Chrissydom.

Ok..............What's 'Happy Fun Ball'