Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- Bird Words?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello, Pirates. It’s me again, your FrogFather, here to dispense little bits of this and that about the Spiral and see what wisdoms you have to offer me.

First, to tie up a few things, I want to thank Calamity Pixieshade once again for an outstanding turn as “Yours Truly”, which if you didn’t already know, Calamity was the mastermind behind the September, 2014 version of “FFF”, where topics such as The Mooshu Gauntlet and the Beastmaster Pack were presented for discussion. I bet yas couldn’t tell the difference between that one, and the letter from last month, where I jumped in again to chitty-chat about Birthday presents and whatnot? Hah! We Frog-fooled yas! High-five, Calamity - maybe not too high though, I ain’t as spry as used to be, and these short arms aren’t helpin’ anybody either. Thanks again, Calamity – you’re really good, you, and maybe we’ll team up again soon to stump’em in The Spiral!

Back to current business, I heard from a little bird that, as far as I could understand, (which wasn’t much, mind you, as I don’t speak “bird”), some changes are soon to land in our neighborhood. “New things?”, I says to the bird, and then he says, “tweet tweet tweet, tweety-tweet tweet.” So I says, “Hey, Pal-o-mine, I don’t use Twitter, I stick to Frogbook – OHHHH, Frogeddabodwit!!!!” He then makes a flippy gesture of some kind with his wings, says a few bits and flies away. Ohhh, “…if we could talk with the animals….” Quick Max! Get my clarinet while the tune is fresh!

So, I could barely understand what tweety-face was saying, but something about shopping without a light, or maybe he just said “Ska-bing, whadda night,” which sounds more like my kinda conversation. Difficult to say. Then there was something about “scripts”, I think he says, on a big stage full of scary waves?? That can’t be right, can it? Scary waves? What the what what?? The FrogFather is ok with a little water, of course, but big scary waves send me below deck, if you catch my drift. Very hard to tell, my friends, he was driving me froggy with his bird words, but it did sound like he had a bunch of new stuff to piece together as he flew off across the sky.

I wish I could tell yas more, but I suppose time will tell what our feathery friend was really on about. In the meantime, maybe you Pirates have some ideas? Nobody more clever than a Pirate in The Spiral, I always say, so maybe yas can help The FrogFather on this one?

I look forward to hearing from all of my dear Pirate friends, and if you get the chance… have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao Time, and I’m starving.

FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Frogfather on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, Pirates. It’s me again, your FrogFather, here to dispense little bits of this and that about the Spiral and see what wisdoms you have to offer me.

First, to tie up a few things, I want to thank Calamity Pixieshade once again for an outstanding turn as “Yours Truly”, which if you didn’t already know, Calamity was the mastermind behind the September, 2014 version of “FFF”, where topics such as The Mooshu Gauntlet and the Beastmaster Pack were presented for discussion. I bet yas couldn’t tell the difference between that one, and the letter from last month, where I jumped in again to chitty-chat about Birthday presents and whatnot? Hah! We Frog-fooled yas! High-five, Calamity - maybe not too high though, I ain’t as spry as used to be, and these short arms aren’t helpin’ anybody either. Thanks again, Calamity – you’re really good, you, and maybe we’ll team up again soon to stump’em in The Spiral!

Back to current business, I heard from a little bird that, as far as I could understand, (which wasn’t much, mind you, as I don’t speak “bird”), some changes are soon to land in our neighborhood. “New things?”, I says to the bird, and then he says, “tweet tweet tweet, tweety-tweet tweet.” So I says, “Hey, Pal-o-mine, I don’t use Twitter, I stick to Frogbook – OHHHH, Frogeddabodwit!!!!” He then makes a flippy gesture of some kind with his wings, says a few bits and flies away. Ohhh, “…if we could talk with the animals….” Quick Max! Get my clarinet while the tune is fresh!

So, I could barely understand what tweety-face was saying, but something about shopping without a light, or maybe he just said “Ska-bing, whadda night,” which sounds more like my kinda conversation. Difficult to say. Then there was something about “scripts”, I think he says, on a big stage full of scary waves?? That can’t be right, can it? Scary waves? What the what what?? The FrogFather is ok with a little water, of course, but big scary waves send me below deck, if you catch my drift. Very hard to tell, my friends, he was driving me froggy with his bird words, but it did sound like he had a bunch of new stuff to piece together as he flew off across the sky.

I wish I could tell yas more, but I suppose time will tell what our feathery friend was really on about. In the meantime, maybe you Pirates have some ideas? Nobody more clever than a Pirate in The Spiral, I always say, so maybe yas can help The FrogFather on this one?

I look forward to hearing from all of my dear Pirate friends, and if you get the chance… have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

FrogFather
Below decks? Hmm Perhaps we will finally be able to get below in our ships? Lots more to digest but that seemed to stick with me the most.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012

FrogFather
Frogfather could it be hinting to Darkmoor as a new world or side world

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Are you asking us to try to translate what the bird said? Well I have a talent for interpreting nonsense so let's see what I can decrypt.

The first thing you mentioned could possibly be "Stopping for a fight" which stand a fair chance at not being a metaphor. The scripts might actually be ships and the stage could refer to a sage like cao tzu. There isnt a lot of water in a skyway, not in liquid state anyway so scary waves would have to be something else. A lot of people think caves are scary, so theres that.

If only i could actually have heard this bird. Mabie he'd say more if you give him some crackers.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Below decks? Hmm Perhaps we will finally be able to get below in our ships? Lots more to digest but that seemed to stick with me the most.
i'm thinking it a hint to Darkmoor in my opinion... :)

Ensign
May 01, 2011
Thank oyu Frogfather for the good news.I dont know where other players finded hints for Darkmoor(but i hope that Darmoor will be in this update,because it is my favorite world even if i only heard about it )but i am really excited that you are giving hints on the ships interiors and Captains Quarters i hope that there'll be some kind of a tavern cellar where we can find our companions and talk to them when they are ready for promotions.I think that every interior should have his design like the tavern cellars but it will be cool if we'll be able to decorate
Dark Colin Holystone lvl 53

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
It is likely a hint to Darkmoor, given the "sneak peek" of Darkmoor graphics that were released in the recent Wizard101 test realm update. We will likely access the new world via a black windstone.

BTW, we will still visit Valencia I suspect (maybe to obtain the windstone?).

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
It might be darkmoor because they did just create castle darmoor in wizards.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Good day, FrogFather... oh, I wish I could know which kind of bird had visited you! Perhaps one can guess more about a mysterious message, even if the language is unknown, by the appearance of the messenger.

Although the interpretation... scripts... stage... big scary waves... oh! Oh, can it be! Is it the stage for an...

Opera! A splendid Baroque-style opera?!

A Baroque-style opera with gorgeous costumes, meltingly beautiful singing, exquisite music, and dancing, lots of dancing! And of course clever special effects, which would give us the 'scary waves'! Perhaps it is an opera about the rise of the Armada? And if we see this splendid opera in Valencia, of course the Armada will be the 'good guys', but who cares about the plot when there is wonderful music, singing, and dancing!

Perhaps we can even get to infiltrate the opera company... well, that would be an unexpected way into Valencia, wouldn't it? Probably not, but I am going to start practicing the steps for the minuet and sarabande right away. Oh, Catbeard...

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
My daughter and I worked on this together and this is what we came up with. The name of the land would be Darkmoor (no lights = Dark) (shopping = need more of something = moor) . Going under deck would mean that we will now be able to go under the deck of our ships (there has been a lot of requests for this).

The only piece we could not figure out was the stage and scary waves?! Large stage could mean expanding the game to more than the United States Scary waves is another head scratcher I do not know a lot about Darkmoor and if there is a lot of water The only place I know with a lot of water is Celestia Regardless, we will be visiting a place with a lot of water, this would explain the picture of the squid guy in the newsletter.

We will find out soon who guessed the next world right

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
A world where that octopus guy from vadima's vision lives. A world underwater.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
May 01, 2011
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
It might be darkmoor because they did just create castle darmoor in wizards.
Yeah,but remember that even if Pirate101 and Wizard101 are both from KingsIsle,they are different and have different cast or team.If they released a Darkmoor dungeon in Wizard101 that doesn't mean that Darkmoor will appear in Pirate101(though i love Darkmoor and i want KingsIsle to release it)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
Good day, FrogFather... oh, I wish I could know which kind of bird had visited you! Perhaps one can guess more about a mysterious message, even if the language is unknown, by the appearance of the messenger.

Although the interpretation... scripts... stage... big scary waves... oh! Oh, can it be! Is it the stage for an...

Opera! A splendid Baroque-style opera?!

A Baroque-style opera with gorgeous costumes, meltingly beautiful singing, exquisite music, and dancing, lots of dancing! And of course clever special effects, which would give us the 'scary waves'! Perhaps it is an opera about the rise of the Armada? And if we see this splendid opera in Valencia, of course the Armada will be the 'good guys', but who cares about the plot when there is wonderful music, singing, and dancing!

Perhaps we can even get to infiltrate the opera company... well, that would be an unexpected way into Valencia, wouldn't it? Probably not, but I am going to start practicing the steps for the minuet and sarabande right away. Oh, Catbeard...
OH Anne Beyond brilliant (no surprise there). I just LOVE where your mind went and it really would make perfect sense. You really got me giggling and I laughed right out loud at your search for Catbeard lessons. Thank you for just being you.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Sounds exciting Frogfather!

I sure hope I get to feel the wind in my face as we set sail to a new land!

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Here is what I could make out of the message.

Shopping without a light/Ska-bing whadda night: Escaping with a prize? (I have no idea. Book 15 possibly?)
Scripts (Ships)/Big Stage/Scary Waves: Ship PvP
Below Decks: Captain's Quarters
Piece Together: Crafting

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
NCWFanatic on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Yeah,but remember that even if Pirate101 and Wizard101 are both from KingsIsle,they are different and have different cast or team.If they released a Darkmoor dungeon in Wizard101 that doesn't mean that Darkmoor will appear in Pirate101(though i love Darkmoor and i want KingsIsle to release it)
Do you remember Aquila? It was a world in Pirate101 and a side world in Wizard101. That is what is being described for Darkmoor, especially given the background for Vadima and other characters who originate from Darkmoor.

While they have separate teams, they share resources (graphics) frequently. Almost every enemy type can be found in the other game. Same for furniture.

Ensign
May 01, 2011
Oran from Urz on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
Do you remember Aquila? It was a world in Pirate101 and a side world in Wizard101. That is what is being described for Darkmoor, especially given the background for Vadima and other characters who originate from Darkmoor.

While they have separate teams, they share resources (graphics) frequently. Almost every enemy type can be found in the other game. Same for furniture.
Maybe you're right,anyways i would like it to be true.I wonder if we will promote Old Scratch and Mormo it would be a great world for their promotion.

Dark Colin Holystone lvl 54

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
First let me say: it is good to be Frog Father, we'll pretend to be anyway. I must admit the clothes don't fit right, but chair is super comfy. Anytime the Frog Father needs a little vacation I'm happy to help. Just send a little rabbit or fox my way since you've been channeling Dr. Doolittle as of late.

Now on to the bird's missive:

First of all the fact that it is a little bird is that significant? We were looking for yard birds in Grizzlehiem as well as some of the world's inhabitants were ravens.

Shopping without a light -shopping in the dark? Darkmoor Packs? Darkmoor Furniture? Darkmoor vendors? Darkmoor Bundle?

"Scripts"- I think this is a hint to the next book/chapter. From Webster 2nd definition: "a manuscript or document"

Big stage- well as the saying goes: "all the world's a stage" - so New World

Scary Waves- (okay gonna go way out to left field with this one on a hunch and because we all love the wild theories)
First let me say I still am thinking Grizzelhiem is one of the next worlds so using that as a frame of reference I searched for mentions of scary waves in Nose mythology. One that caught my eye is from "Thor's Fishing Trip", or "Prose Edda" Basically it says that Thor fights a mighty creature called Jormungandr "World Serpent" a aquatic monster that coiled the entirety of the world and it can best be described as a giant squid. Vamida's visions anyone?

Below deck- I think this one is hopefully obvious and straight forward

Piece together - crafting? Ohh please oh please oh please?

Okay to sum up my rambling:

My guesses are: Darkmoor Bundle/pack, Grizzlehiem is the next world in the next chapter with a squid boss named Jormungandr. We will also be give crew/captain's quarters below deck on our boats (hopefully where we can command our crews better in ship combat) and piecing together hopefully crafting/forging.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
First let me say: it is good to be Frog Father, we'll pretend to be anyway. I must admit the clothes don't fit right, but chair is super comfy. Anytime the Frog Father needs a little vacation I'm happy to help. Just send a little rabbit or fox my way since you've been channeling Dr. Doolittle as of late.

First of all the fact that it is a little bird is that significant? We were looking for yard birds in Grizzlehiem as well as some of the world's inhabitants were ravens.

Shopping without a light -shopping in the dark? Darkmoor Packs? Darkmoor Furniture? Darkmoor vendors? Darkmoor Bundle?

"Scripts"- I think this is a hint to the next book/chapter. From Webster 2nd definition: "a manuscript or document"

Scary Waves- (okay gonna go way out to left field with this one on a hunch and because we all love the wild theories)
First let me say I still am thinking Grizzelhiem is one of the next worlds so using that as a frame of reference I searched for mentions of scary waves in Nose mythology. One that caught my eye is from "Thor's Fishing Trip", or "Prose Edda" Basically it says that Thor fights a mighty creature called Jormungandr "World Serpent" a aquatic monster that coiled the entirety of the world and it can best be described as a giant squid. Vamida's visions anyone?

My guesses are: Darkmoor Bundle/pack, Grizzlehiem is the next world in the next chapter with a squid boss named Jormungandr. We will also be give crew/captain's quarters below deck on our boats (hopefully where we can command our crews better in ship combat) and piecing together hopefully crafting/forging.

Mi Lady, in your channeling of our most respected Frogfather, I think you must have managed to peek into his amazing brain and you may truly be on to something. VERY nice deductions.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

FrogFather
I would think of something kinda spooky. Maybe Darkmoor? I honestly don't see us going to Darkmoor yet, but lets see if I'm wrong (I usually am...)

Piece Together: I would guess crafting since Ratbeard said its confirmed to happen.

Below Deck: Captains Quarters perhaps?

Scripts, and a big stage with scary waves: ....... Musical... Theater? I'm sorry, thats the first thing that popped into my head

Ensign
Jun 01, 2009
Shopping without a light = Black Market!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Calamity PixieShad... on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:

Well, I'll be. I thought that installment about the Moo Manchu Gauntlet would be the Frogfather's doing, but, I guess not. You and the Frogfather really got us there, Calamity! What fun you had being the Frogfather! I was so stumped.

What with all the fun you and the Frogfather had together, maybe you should consider being part of his entourage someday, if ya know what I mean, hmm? You've got such a brilliant mind, Calamity. You and the Frogfather could come up with all kinds of fun ways to stump us & churn out some new things for us Pirates to do together. Just picture it.