Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch path should I take?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
I'm having trouble should I drink the manchurian elixer and fight for moo manchu and defeat my friends
or walk the good path and defeat moo manchu HELP

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
I'm having trouble should I drink the manchurian elixer and fight for moo manchu and defeat my friends
Drink the elixir only if:

A. You have removed all gear,from hats to eyepatches.Yes,even your house,ship gear and mount.Don't ask.

B.Try not to drink it all in one sip,the sourness is unbearable!Three sips is best.Leave some for others,Moo has to take it away himself.

C.Make sure you have some amazingly awesomely epic friends like the one on these here boards,who are both ready to fight you, AND the Nefarious FIve without you,as well as agree with this.

D.Do not use doubloons,as they will benefit the Five,NOT your team.

E.Make sure to save the bottle,as you can't buy it anywhere else.

F.Don't talk to the Five.They aren't good for you...yeah...that's why I'm saying this...

G.Oh and if you do succeed,praise your friends for the amazing thing they did.

Best of luck to thee in your Manchurian and NEfarious path!If however,you firmly assert that you wish for virtue rather than nefariousness,then this post isn't valid!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There's two arguments - the very cool reward of the glowing eyes with the Nefarious Sixth Badge versus being able to attack Moo.
Let me explain this; when you drink that potion & gain the badge ( through your friends valiant efforts ) you give Moo an advantage over you, you will not be able to attack Moo without him 'nefarious charming' you every time! And it doesn't matter if you have that nefarious badge equipped or not, Moo owns a part of you forever!
Moooohahahaha!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Well, that certainly IS a hard choice. I already drank the potion........but I asked my friends on the second floor of the Tower if it would be alright to drink it. If they all agree and give you the go-ahead, then you drink it. Always take into consideration your tower compatriots first before drinking that evil concoction of Mountain Dew and Power.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
There's two arguments - the very cool reward of the glowing eyes with the Nefarious Sixth Badge versus being able to attack Moo.
Let me explain this; when you drink that potion & gain the badge ( through your friends valiant efforts ) you give Moo an advantage over you, you will not be able to attack Moo without him 'nefarious charming' you every time! And it doesn't matter if you have that nefarious badge equipped or not, Moo owns a part of you forever!
Moooohahahaha!
REALLY I didn't know you had that effect whether you had the patch equipped or not DANG, that IS nefarious. "A piece of me FOREVER *Rethinks whole 'Let my witchdoctor drink it' theory.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
warriorscreed on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Well, that certainly IS a hard choice. I already drank the potion........but I asked my friends on the second floor of the Tower if it would be alright to drink it. If they all agree and give you the go-ahead, then you drink it. Always take into consideration your tower compatriots first before drinking that evil concoction of Mountain Dew and Power.
well I can't ask my friends because me no have text chat

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
REALLY I didn't know you had that effect whether you had the patch equipped or not DANG, that IS nefarious. "A piece of me FOREVER *Rethinks whole 'Let my witchdoctor drink it' theory.
Yes, believe me, I'm beginning to regret letting MY witchdoctor drink. I've seen this happen again and again, someone tries to attack Moo ( no badge ) he charms them, I ask "Did you ever drink that potion?" The answer is ALWAYS "Yes".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I believe that this is the "nefarious consequences" Ratbeard referred to in one of the threads about the Nefarious Sixth Badge, ( He's a tricky little devil of a developer, eh? )

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, I only figured that out once I got close enough to him. Ratbeard, our nefarious neighborhood rodent, covered all the bases with this Waterworks-themed dungeon. It seems Moo indeed has some hidden and special cheats to put those who were brave enough to drink that evil potion at a disadvantage. Kudos to you Ratbeard. This is indeed an interesting development with this hidden cheat code that Moo has, and once again, you're one step ahead of us. *Starts thinking about what other evil schemes Ratbeard and Blind Mew can dream up.*

@dragonmaster: Well then, taking the potion will be harder for you, as it is better to forewarn your teammates about your plan. However, if there is a menu chat for Wait, then use it and start unequiping stuff. Once they see you doing that, then they should get the picture. Good Luck!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The developers say they are going to bring moo back another time. Would it do to have so many pirates who cannot attack him. Personally I don't think selling a piece of my soul is worth it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I only figured that out once I got close enough to him. Ratbeard, our nefarious neighborhood rodent, covered all the bases with this Waterworks-themed dungeon. It seems Moo indeed has some hidden and special cheats to put those who were brave enough to drink that evil potion at a disadvantage. Kudos to you Ratbeard. This is indeed an interesting development with this hidden cheat code that Moo has, and once again, you're one step ahead of us. *Starts thinking about what other evil schemes Ratbeard and Blind Mew can dream up.*

@dragonmaster: Well then, taking the potion will be harder for you, as it is better to forewarn your teammates about your plan. However, if there is a menu chat for Wait, then use it and start unequiping stuff. Once they see you doing that, then they should get the picture. Good Luck!
Couldn't have sung that Ratbeard praise any better so I will just throw roses and call "Bravo"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I believe that this is the "nefarious consequences" Ratbeard referred to in one of the threads about the Nefarious Sixth Badge, ( He's a tricky little devil of a developer, eh? )
Indeed he is, and I didn't think I could be more impressed. Wow, just phenomenal.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Yes, believe me, I'm beginning to regret letting MY witchdoctor drink. I've seen this happen again and again, someone tries to attack Moo ( no badge ) he charms them, I ask "Did you ever drink that potion?" The answer is ALWAYS "Yes".
Then again...has anyone ever seen Moo smile?Do you know why?

He can't smile because a certain nefarious mesmerist has been keeping him up at night with constant nightmares!He's sleep deprived!

This is also the reason he never moves;he's too tired and casts his spells at a distance and prefers to send you away rather than actually move away!

I use my link into his psyche to torture him all night and keep him tired.

He may own a part of me,but who's to say that part still isn't mine to use.

Mooahahahahahahaha
And by doing this I realized he isn't calf the evil wizard he is claiming to be

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Moooohahahaha!
Wow... how very cunning! I had noticed that those equipped with the Nefarious Sixth Badge were charmed by Moo when approaching him, but did not know that it happened even if the badge was not equipped. Very, very sneaky and -and although unstated- excellent storytelling. I really like that. Nice analysis, Esperanza.

Naturally, I like it even better because I have remained determined not to take the potion! Well, truthfully, I was curious... but taking the potion would hardly be 'virtuous', and I am supposed to be 'Virtuous' Anne Radcliffe (despite the all too frequent slips of the halo, you know, starting wars, accidentally attacking innocent monks, that sort of thing) .

So it turns out there is a reward after all for never taking the potion, as some people had hoped for. Subtle, but quite poetic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
Wow... how very cunning! I had noticed that those equipped with the Nefarious Sixth Badge were charmed by Moo when approaching him, but did not know that it happened even if the badge was not equipped. Very, very sneaky and -and although unstated- excellent storytelling. I really like that. Nice analysis, Esperanza.

Naturally, I like it even better because I have remained determined not to take the potion! Well, truthfully, I was curious... but taking the potion would hardly be 'virtuous', and I am supposed to be 'Virtuous' Anne Radcliffe (despite the all too frequent slips of the halo, you know, starting wars, accidentally attacking innocent monks, that sort of thing) .

So it turns out there is a reward after all for never taking the potion, as some people had hoped for. Subtle, but quite poetic.
Although it's said, "Virtue is it's own reward", I still would like to have an effect badge of my own. * sigh *
I applaud your choice, it would be very strange to see a pirate with the descriptive "Virtuous" and right under that; the badge "Nefarious Sixth"!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Don't worry. Drink the elixir. I've done the tower almost 20 times now and the bad guys haven't won yet. I think your friends will be just fine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry. Drink the elixir. I've done the tower almost 20 times now and the bad guys haven't won yet. I think your friends will be just fine.
No one likes it when a player grabs the elixir without warning or un equipping!