Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Moo Manchu Tower Problems.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi! I have done the tower a couple of times now, but I can't seem to beat floor 8, the Nefarious Five. Every time I try the dungeon with a full group I can't get by them. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than asking for advice. One time I was trying to get the badge with a full group, they all died but the fight wouldn't stop because my pirate was an enemy.

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Cautious Joshua Ironside 61
Smart Todd Wright 18
Fearless William Ashburn 12
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I have done the tower a couple of times now, but I can't seem to beat floor 8, the Nefarious Five. Every time I try the dungeon with a full group I can't get by them. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than asking for advice. One time I was trying to get the badge with a full group, they all died but the fight wouldn't stop because my pirate was an enemy.

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Smart Todd Wright 18
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1
It is a tough battle, but it can be done. I've done 4 Towers so far; one with friends, the others with Team Up! I can only say that a privateer or a musketeer on the team is crucial to survival. Also doubloons, lots & lots of doubloons for that battle and the final battle with Moo Manchu.
The classes I've used so far are my Buccaneer, Swashbuckler & Witchdoctor ( who was repeatibly charmed, until I got smart - used my shadow door away from the nefarious privateer, and just kept hitting her from a distance! )
In fact, that is the key - hit the privateer first with all the ranged attacks you have. doubloons helpful in this case are glacier ( boxes an opponent in a cage of ice ) Volcano ( fire attack ) & Shun ( I think its called that, but it pushes the enemy away ). These doubloons may annoy your melee fighters, but it buys time for healing as well as preventing that privateer from taking over your team.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Smart Todd Wright 18
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1
I have done the tower several times since it went live and yes it is harder but we have always prevailed. It is a good idea to focus on taking out that privateer first so the charming will stop and all the healing. Then you can focus on the others, one at a time. Throwing out a lot of minion doubloons will help a lot in distracting them so you can take them out. I am sure the other Message Board Marauders have some good tips for you to tackle this nefarious tower.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Hey, here some advice for them:

1)Don't try to take the privateer out first, yes she heals and that charming can be annoying but if you try to use normal attacks that don't have "sneak" to it she might charm you making it difficult. IT would be best to try to take out the others first. And swarm her at the end.

2) Aim for the squishy swashbuckler with either range or reduce his stats(accuracy and dodge) and take him out, and take out the buccaneer as he is a huge threat with his reckless frenzy.

3) SUMMON AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! If you summon then they will take some of the damage that would of came to you. Witches are good here cause they can swarm with summons. Use those doubloons you got from the other levels. Don't be afraid to do that and tell your team mates to do the same.

4) Final advice, don't rush, use hide or protection as much as you can. Less damage on you and more to you summons. Summons don't have high damage but they are awesome shields.

Hopefully this helps all those who need help with them! Good luck

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Oops forgot to mention a few tips to get the badge:

1) make sure you take off all your gear (it makes it easier to kill you, plus if your not a musketeer or witch lowers damage making you not a threat, even if you are still take your gear off). Make it as easy as possible for your team. Drinking that potion makes it hard so try to make it as easy as possible for your team.

2) SUMMON ON THE FIRST ONLY! it helps and please do it, but after you change don't do it anymore cause it helps the other side.

3) Other team mates can aim at other if you are not a witchdoctor or musketeer(if so it recommend to take them out, but don't your all your team's damage on them).

4) Rearrange your powers before the match, it helps, make sure that your weaker ones are in front.

One final advice, stay calm and if you think your in trouble don't forget to protect and use doubloon. Having your health doubloon in front is a great idea.

Hope this helps!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
well, this is an extremely strategy heavy fight. first of all, if anyone took the elixir, your starting at a disadvantage. make sure anyone that takes the elixir removes ALL of their gear BEFORE starting the fight. second, prioritize the target. its probably best to shield as best you can first round to withstand the buccaneers charge, then definitely take out the privateer. this is important because the privateer has several heals, and will use the charming gaze ability to temporarily steal your teammates or yourself. after that, prioritize your target based on your team: for instance, if you have more than one swashbuckler, take out the musketeer or they are a goner. finally, keep using doubloons and keep in communication with your team. summoning, healing, and buffing doubloons are all great resources that the tower gives you to use against it.

Well, thats all that i have to offer. hope it helped!

-Matthew Walker, Level 65
-Matthew Walker, Level 65
-Sly Sloan Silver, Level 65

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
The best thing to do would probably be stay where you are and let them come to you. The buck will come to you first and attack you so you should be prepared for that, the best companion you should choose is Bonnie because she is quite useful in a battle like that. Make sure you have a musket with you, their traps will slow down the enemy and you would be able to kill one by one.
If you want to get the badge choose good companions that deal quite a lot of damage, before drinking the fountain you should leave the first enemy a bit of health so then there would only be five people you have to kill after you kill the other one. Also take off all your gear and discard your powers.
Hoped this helped!
Brave Bradley Barclay

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi all! Good news is that I finally completed the tower! ( Almost lost the nefarious five battle, it was close.) Sometime over the next couple of weeks i'll try to get that Nefarious sixth badge.Sadly I can only do the dungeon once on a Friday and twice on a Saturday due to school and homework.

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Every pirate here be right, it be hardest challenge we ever done, like those we always find a way to win the fight, I to had me share of brawls at that tower but win or lose I NEVER back down from a fight, so ye be in good hands matey, good luck.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
It is a tough battle, but it can be done. I've done 4 Towers so far; one with friends, the others with Team Up! I can only say that a privateer or a musketeer on the team is crucial to survival. Also doubloons, lots & lots of doubloons for that battle and the final battle with Moo Manchu.
The classes I've used so far are my Buccaneer, Swashbuckler & Witchdoctor ( who was repeatibly charmed, until I got smart - used my shadow door away from the nefarious privateer, and just kept hitting her from a distance! )
In fact, that is the key - hit the privateer first with all the ranged attacks you have. doubloons helpful in this case are glacier ( boxes an opponent in a cage of ice ) Volcano ( fire attack ) & Shun ( I think its called that, but it pushes the enemy away ). These doubloons may annoy your melee fighters, but it buys time for healing as well as preventing that privateer from taking over your team.
Actually, the doubloon that pushes the enemy away is called Hurricane, its very useful ( especially if it pushes them into traps! )

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
lucky i cant even get past floor two by myself!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kronosroses on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
You're not supposed to be able to solo the tower! The developers made sure of this when they heard about players doing this in the test realm. Thanks to Ratbeard ( who puts the devil in developer ). I should know, for I tried to solo also. I got as far as the fire room ( 5th floor? ) before being wiped out! Lost three companions, too.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Smart Todd Wright 18
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1
I've only been able to do the Tower twice, w/ both times being solo attempts. I don't get a lot of time on the computer, or at least large chunks of time. I want to go in a group but I am afraid that due to time constraints & 2 wild & crazy 1/2-toddlers, I just don't want to have to duck out & ditch my group members. But going solo helped since I didn't get a chance to do the Tower in test, & it gave me a gauge for the enemies & each floor.

The 1st time I went solo I did not use any Doubloons or henchmen to get an accurate feel for the difficulty level w/out any 'bonuses' influencing the battles. I made it to the fire floor & lost 4 companions in the process. I almost beat the fire floor & had only 2 enemies left, but my crew was soon engulfed in flames & didn't have quite enough oomph left to finish them off before being flame-broiled.

My 2nd attempt was quite a different result, as I now had a gauge on what I was up against. Plus, I enlisted & 'allowed' the help of a Henchman & Doubloon usage. I made it all the way to the Nefarious 5 with relative ease & had only lost my 1st mate Peter Quint & El Toro along the way. I used 1 henchman, the Level 65 Privateer, on floors 2,3,4, 6 & 7. I probably didn't need to on floors 2 & 3, but did so anyways to protect my crew's hide. This time the fire floor was a cakewalk and at the end of the battle all of my companions were near full health & only my pirate & Henchman had just barely entered into yellow. Only 1 crew member took minor damage from the fires, & in only the last round.

I lost Quint in the battle against the Corrupt Ronin and El Toro as well-- for some reason he decided he didn't want to dodge anything in that battle (7th floor).

Of course I was done in several times by the Nefarious 5, but it helped me work on strategies. On my 2nd try, I made the mistake of Hiding with my pirate on the first round, which left Bonnie Anne exposed to the Buccaneer's Charge. He had her almost in the red after his 1st round attacking charge. The 1st time I tried the Nefarious 5 battle with Holkun Doomhorn, hoping his heavy armor & high health would allow my pirate to at least whittle down the 5's health. Valkoor actually did an admirable job & was able to hide & Buff w/ 3 Valor's Fortress & 1 Levi's Call as 4 of the Nefarious group blindly surrounded him. On the last turn of Hidden I used Assassin's Strike on the Witchdoctor & nearly finished him off along with great damage on the Privateer-- from multiple Crit Hits from Follow Through & chains of Blade Storms.

Luckily an absorb damage for 1 round Doubloon popped up & that next round all 5 enemies went for my pirate. I then used my Bucc's Reckless Frenzy while 3 of the shielding buffs were still active. I was able to finish off the WD & the Privy, but then my pirate's attacks were directed at the Swashbuckler who, 1st Struck, and Riposted me into low health. I survived 1 more round but the outcome was eminent.

It was a great learning experience though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kronosroses on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
It's not meant to be done by yourself. Use Team up and go in with a team or gather some of your friends. When you have a good team, you will prevail.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I was able to get to the Nefarious five solo as well but It is impossible to win that fight alone. I think I hit one of them when I threw in the kitchen sink though lol. Unfortunately the witchdoctor was able to reattach his head. I like that the tower can't be soloed it shows us that we do have limits.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Developer
Great recap, Valkoor!

I don't think anybody has solo'ed it yet with a Buccaneer (actually, I'm not sure the current status of Live solo runs).

Perhaps 3rd time is the... charm...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
Great recap, Valkoor!

I don't think anybody has solo'ed it yet with a Buccaneer (actually, I'm not sure the current status of Live solo runs).

Perhaps 3rd time is the... charm...
Thanks Ratbeard- ooh, man oh man, I do love those sly hints!

"Charm" you say, hmmmmm, might that be a reference to the Power or the gear-- double hmmmmm. I do have a pet with Charming Gaze 3, maybe that is worth a shot. I did have a 630 pedigree Budgie in battle with me, that had Charming Gaze 2, but it never kicked in and the Nefarious 5 focused fire on it with multiple attacks and enjoyed some crispy wings relatively easy. Maybe there is another way for a Buccaneer to acquire Charm, but I don't know of any pre-update. Can members of the Nefarious 5 be charmed? Maybe I'm on the wrong trail. Ok, so Mr. Trelawny, I need my shovel back since I am done buying Grizzly packs......I got some digging to do.

Or possibly your clue is a reference to the Charm gear slot. Could Bishop possibly help? Or another piece of gear I am not yet aware of. Hmmm, why is it that so many of your posts leave me both extremely Christmas-like excited and also with a headache......and sometimes so confused?

Or maybe I should just use my o'natural piratical charm on that Nefarious bunch. Well, thanks for the reply and for the tip!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I soled with my Buccaneer in Moo Manchu,she is at max leveled but she was defeated at the second floor. It was unforgivably hard, she was super hits and mega hits a bunch of time.To make it worst the proper talents didn't show and her pet came up late. She did it more than 3 times and nearly beat Moo Manchu at the top with another player until she was super hit again,we were that close beating that tower. Talk about sheer bad luck here.

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Ratbeard- ooh, man oh man, I do love those sly hints!

"Charm" you say, hmmmmm, might that be a reference to the Power or the gear-- double hmmmmm. I do have a pet with Charming Gaze 3, maybe that is worth a shot. I did have a 630 pedigree Budgie in battle with me, that had Charming Gaze 2, but it never kicked in and the Nefarious 5 focused fire on it with multiple attacks and enjoyed some crispy wings relatively easy. Maybe there is another way for a Buccaneer to acquire Charm, but I don't know of any pre-update. Can members of the Nefarious 5 be charmed? Maybe I'm on the wrong trail. Ok, so Mr. Trelawny, I need my shovel back since I am done buying Grizzly packs......I got some digging to do.

Or possibly your clue is a reference to the Charm gear slot. Could Bishop possibly help? Or another piece of gear I am not yet aware of. Hmmm, why is it that so many of your posts leave me both extremely Christmas-like excited and also with a headache......and sometimes so confused?

Or maybe I should just use my o'natural piratical charm on that Nefarious bunch. Well, thanks for the reply and for the tip!
No no no, I just meant that you'll go in the third time, rock your way up to the Nefarious Five, then get charmed and fail.

But I'm rooting for you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
No no no, I just meant that you'll go in the third time, rock your way up to the Nefarious Five, then get charmed and fail.

But I'm rooting for you!
Yeah, after consulting my inner self, sometimes painful mind you, I realized you were referring to the Privy and his charming ways. How silly of me to think I could best those 5 in all their nefariousness. I love the great gear in the tower, but I love even more that I can work on strategies that may be useful with future enemies and content.

I am in no race to reach Moo......yet-- I'm having too much fun getting my tail whooped! Hey, it's only 100k gold here and there, the next day I'll be back at, trying to learn as much as I can. I may not, and most certainly won't, ever beat those 5, but you can be guaranteed that it's going to make me a better pirate in the process. For it is in defeat that we humbly learn how to win.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:

But I'm rooting for you!
Oh, I forgot to thank you for the encouragement and for the telling me that I will fail miserably-I actually don't expect to ever beat them solo, just merely to learn from them, so I can be a true asset when I go in with a group of pirates.

And also, I meant to ask you a question in regards to the Privy's Charming ways or any other pirate out there with knowledge about the subject. I have fought that battle against the Nefarious 5 only 3 times, all solo and in same Tower attempt, so far and have not been charmed yet. And I didn't get a chance to see it in action in Test. So my question(s) are as follows:

If you are solo and say your companion is already taking a nap at a certain Mitch that performs Miracles-- if you get charmed will you basically just have to wait out the charm with none of the enemies attacking you? As noted, I have not witnessed the charm and don't know if it acts like the normal Charm or if the other members of the Nefarious 5 still recognize you as an enemy, being that they are more dastardly and all. If charmed solo and with no companion left, will you just basically wait out the Charm, with no one attacking you?

Also, I am quite sure some have tried and that they can't, but has anyone seen if any members of the Nef 5 can be Charmed as well? I would suspect that Moo has too Nefarious of a hold on them to allow something like that.

I'll soon be up for group runs at the tower, time permitting, but I am still in investigative mode, since I missed out on it in Test.

Plus, I'm just waiting for a nice chunk of time to slap me in the head and say, "Hey Valkoor, you're free for about the next 2-3 hours-- whatta ya say....Towah time?"

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
Would Purge Magic remove Charm?
That was my thinking, but I think I meant Dispel Magic from Bishop's Technomage Glasses (accessory), instead of the Purge Magic from the Sprocket Key-- the non-hint that I thought Charm was, threw me off track and led to the Charm gear slot.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, after consulting my inner self, sometimes painful mind you, I realized you were referring to the Privy and his charming ways. How silly of me to think I could best those 5 in all their nefariousness. I love the great gear in the tower, but I love even more that I can work on strategies that may be useful with future enemies and content.

I am in no race to reach Moo......yet-- I'm having too much fun getting my tail whooped! Hey, it's only 100k gold here and there, the next day I'll be back at, trying to learn as much as I can. I may not, and most certainly won't, ever beat those 5, but you can be guaranteed that it's going to make me a better pirate in the process. For it is in defeat that we humbly learn how to win.
"For it is in defeat that we humbly learn how to win."
Brilliantly said.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
Oh, I forgot to thank you for the encouragement and for the telling me that I will fail miserably-I actually don't expect to ever beat them solo, just merely to learn from them, so I can be a true asset when I go in with a group of pirates.

And also, I meant to ask you a question in regards to the Privy's Charming ways or any other pirate out there with knowledge about the subject. I have fought that battle against the Nefarious 5 only 3 times, all solo and in same Tower attempt, so far and have not been charmed yet. And I didn't get a chance to see it in action in Test. So my question(s) are as follows:

If you are solo and say your companion is already taking a nap at a certain Mitch that performs Miracles-- if you get charmed will you basically just have to wait out the charm with none of the enemies attacking you? As noted, I have not witnessed the charm and don't know if it acts like the normal Charm or if the other members of the Nefarious 5 still recognize you as an enemy, being that they are more dastardly and all. If charmed solo and with no companion left, will you just basically wait out the Charm, with no one attacking you?

Also, I am quite sure some have tried and that they can't, but has anyone seen if any members of the Nef 5 can be Charmed as well? I would suspect that Moo has too Nefarious of a hold on them to allow something like that.

I'll soon be up for group runs at the tower, time permitting, but I am still in investigative mode, since I missed out on it in Test.

Plus, I'm just waiting for a nice chunk of time to slap me in the head and say, "Hey Valkoor, you're free for about the next 2-3 hours-- whatta ya say....Towah time?"
Valkoor, my WD tried Charming that Privy, and ended up charmed myself; so I'd "Nope, uh uh, ain't gonna happen."