Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming Captain Swing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 14, 2008
Ahoy fellow pirates! I was wondering if anyone else is able to farm Captain Swing in Marleybone? I looked this up for past threads and the last one, that I could find, was in January (it was assumed to be fixed in the next update). I can do all the battles, but Captain Swing is never present. He has very desirable gear, yet he is a promotion quest boss. I have completely finished Bonnie's promotion and am a level 65, but cool looking swords never hurt anyone.
Perhaps this post could have been in the Bug category, but I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Is Captain Swing unfarmable on purpose?

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read this!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
PiratePrincesa on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy fellow pirates! I was wondering if anyone else is able to farm Captain Swing in Marleybone? I looked this up for past threads and the last one, that I could find, was in January (it was assumed to be fixed in the next update). I can do all the battles, but Captain Swing is never present. He has very desirable gear, yet he is a promotion quest boss. I have completely finished Bonnie's promotion and am a level 65, but cool looking swords never hurt anyone.
Perhaps this post could have been in the Bug category, but I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Is Captain Swing unfarmable on purpose?

Hey Princesa!

Yes, making Captain Swing un-farmable was on purpose, most likely hinting his future return.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
PiratePrincesa on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:

Yea it has been asked before. Blind Mew has commented that they are considering bringing him back in a way that he can be farmed. I have not heard yet if those refights will drop his gear or not. Perhaps our "Swing Gang" pummelers can let us know what they drop.