Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How many Companions do you have?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Lol, the title says it all! How many companions do you have in total right now, and have you set a goal for yourself as to the number of companions you eventually want? I guess I'll start it off! I currently have 88 companions, and my big goal is getting to 100 companions. I'm going to spend a FORTUNE on Training Tomes, but it'll be worth it. Ever since the new wounded companions update came out, having oodles of extra companions to take a wounded companions place is good!

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
I currently have Mormo, Kan Po, Wu Tang, Bonnie Anne, Carcarius, Ratbeard, Bones Mcgee, Old Scratch, Birgus and Batacuda. so that means I have 10 of them so far.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Lol, the title says it all! How many companions do you have in total right now, and have you set a goal for yourself as to the number of companions you eventually want? I guess I'll start it off! I currently have 88 companions, and my big goal is getting to 100 companions. I'm going to spend a FORTUNE on Training Tomes, but it'll be worth it. Ever since the new wounded companions update came out, having oodles of extra companions to take a wounded companions place is good!
Here's a quick update! Just finished cutting bushes for my grandmother in 105 degree heat, and I got paid in crowns! Here's what I got!

1. Cunning Tim Jenkins Crab Hermit

2. Lucy Sterling Mouse Corsair

3. Wu Gao Samoorai Musketeer.

4. Lost Ranger Skeletal Cowboy.

That brings my total up to 92 companions! I forgot to say this earlier, but every time you get a new companion, post their name, class, and how you got them and then update your number of companions!

Administrator
Here's a quick update! Just finished cutting bushes for my grandmother in 105 degree heat, and I got paid in crowns! Here's what I got!

1. Cunning Tim Jenkins Crab Hermit

2. Lucy Sterling Mouse Corsair

3. Wu Gao Samoorai Musketeer.

4. Lost Ranger Skeletal Cowboy.

That brings my total up to 92 companions! I forgot to say this earlier, but every time you get a new companion, post their name, class, and how you got them and then update your number of companions!
Nice job earning your Crowns! Having 92 companions is a great accomplishment, and I bet it's very profitable now considering the Advanced Companions update.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
WOW Warriorscreed

92 companions- that's impressive, how does your ship even stay afloat? That is quite the crew you have amassed and I am sure it took a lot of hard work, money and Crowns to get to that number. But it is awesome that you are working and earning those Crowns.

As for me, Valkoor has a "measly" 51 companions that are all maxed or above max. I believe that my most recent companion acquired with Crowns was Keisuke Yagi and before that would've been the Serpent Augur, Samocles and Argos (just had to add some more Aquilians to the mix). The acquisitions I am most proud of, have to be the complete set of Tribal/Aztecosaur companions- Holkun Doomhorn, Kawil Doomclaw, Itzen Kaan, Chilam Bak and Lemba Moonskull. Although it did take a bit of coinage to get them.

And my highest level companion is my level 68 Inoshishi Necromancer, Hang Jin.

Keep us posted, for that big 1-0-0 is just around the corner, hope you don't run out of bushes!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Nice job earning your Crowns! Having 92 companions is a great accomplishment, and I bet it's very profitable now considering the Advanced Companions update.
Thanks, and yes, it is profitable! I could put 30+ companions on Pet Wrangling, and I'll still have PLENTY of companions left for battle! Indeed, having more companions is a good thing! The only bad thing is the SHEER amount of Training Tomes I am going to need to level these guys up lol!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Break down of number of companions for my 6 pirates ( from most to least )
!. Marion Kidd 35 so far, I have not bought any extra for her.
2. Esperanza Devereaux 34, Extras I bought - Nausica ( Empire Bundle ), Itzen Kaan, ( Tribal Pack ) & Han Min ( Inoshishi necromancer )
3.Darcy Abbott 33, extras I bought - Moresco De Valvida & Eep Op Ork Ah Ah.
4.Silver Isis 30, one extra - Kawil Doomclaw ( Tribal Pack )
5.Bold Bess Nightingale 29, extras I bought - Lucy Sterling & Sgt. Shepherd
6. Black Morgan Moone 29, no extras.

I know this is nothing compared to others, but I think my crew size is more manageable for me.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
35 for my max level swashbuckler. I'm working on getting all the companions in the crown shop.

My crown shop companions:

Pepe DeTorteau (crab cannoneer)

Thunder Hoof (bison champion)

Might Owl (bison chief)

Keisuke Yagi ( goat master)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
WOW Warriorscreed

92 companions- that's impressive, how does your ship even stay afloat? That is quite the crew you have amassed and I am sure it took a lot of hard work, money and Crowns to get to that number. But it is awesome that you are working and earning those Crowns.

As for me, Valkoor has a "measly" 51 companions that are all maxed or above max. I believe that my most recent companion acquired with Crowns was Keisuke Yagi and before that would've been the Serpent Augur, Samocles and Argos (just had to add some more Aquilians to the mix). The acquisitions I am most proud of, have to be the complete set of Tribal/Aztecosaur companions- Holkun Doomhorn, Kawil Doomclaw, Itzen Kaan, Chilam Bak and Lemba Moonskull. Although it did take a bit of coinage to get them.

And my highest level companion is my level 68 Inoshishi Necromancer, Hang Jin.

Keep us posted, for that big 1-0-0 is just around the corner, hope you don't run out of bushes!
Gosh, you're lucky to have all the dinos. That pack seems to hate me, because I have only gotten ONE dino (Kawil Doomclaw) after well over $100. The good news is for me, all of the cheap companions are left, and I can use them for tasking. And LOL, now I need to go over to my grandma's again and wash her walls lol! Wish me luck! My favorite acquisitions are Lightning Ninja (Ninja Pig Shinobi), Epp Opp Ork Ah Ah, (Troggy High Chief), and Goronado (Gorilla Warlord). I had to put a lot of boss fighting work into the last 2, and each one is extremely powerful. Even Epp Opp is powerful in the fact that he rarely misses, even in Aquila, and that he can use Assassin's Mist and jump over obstacles. Goronado can use Vicious Strike and Gorilla Warfare, his own version of Dance of Steel. And I will keep you all posted! I should have 100 companions by the end of this month at the most!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
im max and I have like 22, and I bought extras XD

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
warriorscreed on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, and yes, it is profitable! I could put 30+ companions on Pet Wrangling, and I'll still have PLENTY of companions left for battle! Indeed, having more companions is a good thing! The only bad thing is the SHEER amount of Training Tomes I am going to need to level these guys up lol!
:D there is an alternative, sending your guys out to brawling may result in less training tomes bought.

Ensign
May 23, 2012
I got a whopping 2 whole pages. Also a side note on companions. You know how most people have the companions with dialouge up high? I don't I keep silent my class only side quest rewarded companions up high and the ones from bundles. I have every bundle but Cutthrought and Boochbeard.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
I have 109 companions as of right now.

Edit** Good luck on getting 100 companions!! I hope you get them soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Shayden181 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:

109?

Wow Shayden, that is Super impressive. I'd say Epic but with Super being the new Epic and all. Congratulations to you for your Virtual Village. You know what they say, it takes a village to raise a mast! I was just curious how many of those 109 do you have assigned to companion tasks? And are there any left for you to acquire?

Wow, again I say congratulations an commanding such a massive crew!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Impressive! That is the size of crew I am hoping to get! Since my birthday is this month, and I am having to do LOTS of things that earn me money, I hope to have OVER 100 by the end of this month. And.....for me all of the cheap companions are the only things left to buy lol. This should be relatively easy. Anyways though, I have about 20-30 companions getting pet snacks right now, and it hasn't put a crimp in my operations! Shayden, I recommend putting A LOT of your guys on Pet Wrangling. It can be very profitable in terms of pet snacks and pet eggs. I just got my first wrangling egg, a Tawny Sky Turtle!

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
109?

Wow Shayden, that is Super impressive. I'd say Epic but with Super being the new Epic and all. Congratulations to you for your Virtual Village. You know what they say, it takes a village to raise a mast! I was just curious how many of those 109 do you have assigned to companion tasks? And are there any left for you to acquire?

Wow, again I say congratulations an commanding such a massive crew!
Aww thanks. I would say I have about 8 more before I have all the companions my Privateer can get. The ones that I can think of right now are Hoodoo Cornelius, Madclaw, Nikeeta, Ninja Pig, Yule Trogg, Cat Pirate, Batacuda, and Water Mole Slingman. The only hard companions that I'll have trouble getting are the Ninja Pig and the Cat Pirate.

Edit** I checked and I have Batacuda, so seven more.

I keep about 70 at tasks, every three days I get on, collect, pick new ones. I have 224 training tomes... Most are from the Tribal Crew Pack(from when I was hunting down them companions), 109 from companion update, and then about 40 I've had on me.

Just waiting for an update(level) so I have something to do. I've been on Wizard101 and other games for the time being.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Shayden181 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Aww thanks. I would say I have about 8 more before I have all the companions my Privateer can get. The ones that I can think of right now are Hoodoo Cornelius, Madclaw, Nikeeta, Ninja Pig, Yule Trogg, Cat Pirate, Batacuda, and Water Mole Slingman. The only hard companions that I'll have trouble getting are the Ninja Pig and the Cat Pirate.

Edit** I checked and I have Batacuda, so seven more.

I keep about 70 at tasks, every three days I get on, collect, pick new ones. I have 224 training tomes... Most are from the Tribal Crew Pack(from when I was hunting down them companions), 109 from companion update, and then about 40 I've had on me.

Just waiting for an update(level) so I have something to do. I've been on Wizard101 and other games for the time being.
That's still majorly impressive. Congrats again, on the massive crew- hopefully you will be able to acquire those two, hard to get companions. Good luck to you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Gosh, you're lucky to have all the dinos. That pack seems to hate me, because I have only gotten ONE dino (Kawil Doomclaw) after well over $100. The good news is for me, all of the cheap companions are left, and I can use them for tasking. And LOL, now I need to go over to my grandma's again and wash her walls lol! Wish me luck! My favorite acquisitions are Lightning Ninja (Ninja Pig Shinobi), Epp Opp Ork Ah Ah, (Troggy High Chief), and Goronado (Gorilla Warlord). I had to put a lot of boss fighting work into the last 2, and each one is extremely powerful. Even Epp Opp is powerful in the fact that he rarely misses, even in Aquila, and that he can use Assassin's Mist and jump over obstacles. Goronado can use Vicious Strike and Gorilla Warfare, his own version of Dance of Steel. And I will keep you all posted! I should have 100 companions by the end of this month at the most!
That stinks that after that much money put in, the packs have only handed over 1 Dino. It took me about 10-15,000 Crowns for the first one, then nothing for a about 2-3000. Then I got 2 companions within just a few packs of each other. The last two took a bit of a while but I did get them all in the same day- about 100,000 Crowns later and was down to about 1000 left when I got the last dino. Just having the collection makes it worth it.....I think so at least. With me being a Buccaneer and all, I absolutely love Holkun.

Nice job getting Epp and Goro and you are right that's a looooot of effort. I have Goro as well, but waited till I was near max to go after him so it made defeating him 25 times go by much faster. I haven't gone after Epp Opp yet,.......hmmm, something else to do- sounds like fun.

I have all but 4 of my 51 companions on tasks right now. But I am just farming Aquila bosses, so to keep it quick I went with my most powerful and trusted ones to cut down on time. I'll mix it back up once I get the goods I am looking for. Most of the s and s are on Wranglin' tasks since they can't take advantage of the x3 ranks in their specialized task due to being maxed in level, companion level and Nautical levelf- s can get Brawlin' rank 3 and s can train to Sailin' rank 3, . I gave all of my s that I don't use much, the Plunderin' task since they could train to rank 3 and my s get the Scavengin' since that is the task they can train in rank 3. It helps a little bit and maxes out their efficiency and the amounts they get in bringing back the goods. I am tempted to assign all but my 1st Mate Peter Quint and field only a 2 man crew, just to spice things up a bit and make it challenging.

Again, nice job on getting BOTH Epp Opp and Goronado.....now I have some frog legs to fry!

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
warriorscreed on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Them Dinos don't go down without a fight, lol. It took me about 265,000 crowns to get all of mine. I ended up getting two within the first 150,000, and one when I hit 30,000 crowns, then TWO on my last 8,000. I didn't think I was gonna get the last two...

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Shayden181 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Them Dinos don't go down without a fight, lol. It took me about 265,000 crowns to get all of mine. I ended up getting two within the first 150,000, and one when I hit 30,000 crowns, then TWO on my last 8,000. I didn't think I was gonna get the last two...
Yeah, I may get all the companions that can be bought first, and then after I get them all, I'll start trying my luck with the other 4 dinos. It's gonna be a LONG, PAINFUL journey, both in patience and financially. However, I am still content with Kawil Doomclaw. HE.....IS.......A BEAST!!!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
That's still majorly impressive. Congrats again, on the massive crew- hopefully you will be able to acquire those two, hard to get companions. Good luck to you!
Yeah, same here Shayden! Good Luck!! The Ninja Pig code you'll only get personally from a KI employee nowadays at game events that KI is at, it is THAT rare. I think all the codes on the maps given out that the game's start to Wizard101 members expired, sadly. With that Cat Pirate......I don't know if anyone CAN get him.....as the bundle he comes with is retired. I only have the Ninja Pig. Maybe our KI friends will be willing to bring back the Cat Pirate, as they only retired the BUNDLE, not the companion itself.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i have 5 pages of companions i thought i was the only one

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010

woah! lots of companions wow is that like 6 pages of companions 7 8 9 pages of companions

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, same here Shayden! Good Luck!! The Ninja Pig code you'll only get personally from a KI employee nowadays at game events that KI is at, it is THAT rare. I think all the codes on the maps given out that the game's start to Wizard101 members expired, sadly. With that Cat Pirate......I don't know if anyone CAN get him.....as the bundle he comes with is retired. I only have the Ninja Pig. Maybe our KI friends will be willing to bring back the Cat Pirate, as they only retired the BUNDLE, not the companion itself.
Nope, sorry the items in the bundle are part of the retirement clause. Although last I read, those codes from the maps have not officially expired. I seem to remember Jack saying that they would announce when they would finally expire them. Unless I missed said announcement. Perhaps Jack can chase that one down for us?