Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Could bosses drop a little less pet snacks?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Pet snacks are quickly becoming the bane of my existence, maybe I should expect to be fighting the boss at the end of the dungeon and occasionally get stuck with a golden pineapple but this is happening all the time. I'm not sure why level 50+ bosses are dropping level 1 pet snacks anyways.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Friendly Jesse Pew on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Pet snacks are quickly becoming the bane of my existence, maybe I should expect to be fighting the boss at the end of the dungeon and occasionally get stuck with a golden pineapple but this is happening all the time. I'm not sure why level 50+ bosses are dropping level 1 pet snacks anyways.
Those snacks are dropping for our benefit. We dedicated pet trainers need every snack we can get. Ratbeard has assured us that the snacks are not replacing the gold or other drops. They come from an separate loot table. They are a bonus instead of just getting gold for a fight. Not that I have ANYTHING against gold. I need that too for morphing.
If you are not into pet training you can alway sell them.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I agree with Chrissy, something is better than nothing. I personally (right now anyways) prefer to get pet snacks from bosses since I have my companions maxed on nautical xp and their own xp.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Friendly Jesse Pew on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Sell them in the bazaar. Someone will buy them.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Sell them in the bazaar. Someone will buy them.
I don't think the Bazaar buys Pet Snacks or Pet Gear yet (I will have to check - it they don't buy the Snacks and Gear, I hope they do someday). The only place I know I can sell Pet Gear and Pet Snacks is on the upper concourse in Circus Maximus (the same vendors that sell Pet Snacks and Pet Gear).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh yes you can sell snacks and gear, I just droped a load of snacks my pets don't like/love there. I bought gear there also, so players are unloading gear.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
The Bazzar do sell pet snacks and gear, you can sell certain pet snacks in there for gold. I also saw some mega snacks for sale in the Bazzar, but only a very limited supply. Also you can sell unwanted pet gears, for gold also.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Thanks! I'll go check that out.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am enjoying the super-pets, and I am enthusiastic about training them. But It is a bit disappointing after a boss fight to run up to the special boss chest, open it, and receive only a snack. But that's random treasure for you!

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
I half agree and half do not agree, I agree as its makes it way harder to farm for items. I mean all you get it pet snacks most of the time. I do not agree as I love gold, I love to decorate my houses and what better is it to sell the pets snacks to the bazaar. I think they should lower the drop rate of pet snacks especially the pan fried banana's. They sell for almost nothing and are a level 3 pet snack. When they are drops of dungeons in Marleybone, Mooshu, and Aquila! So I half agree and half don't agree. Get what I'm saying?

Sincerely,
Olivia Freeman level 65
and Strong Alexis Strong level 57
and Blaze level 63