Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Debate Question For Players

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 26, 2010
In your opinion, how many epics is too many when it comes to companions. Do you think Kingsisle will ever stop promoting companions for fear of them becoming too OP. Let's start by talking about PvE and then we can move into what your opinions on PvP.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Bloody Eric on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
In your opinion, how many epics is too many when it comes to companions. Do you think Kingsisle will ever stop promoting companions for fear of them becoming too OP. Let's start by talking about PvE and then we can move into what your opinions on PvP.
I doubt that KI will ever stop promoting companions.

Companions don't promote all at the same time, and there are several levels between each promotion. Since each world KI releases raises the difficulty of the game, not promoting companions would result in them not remaining relevent to the higher worlds and stronger creatures.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Bloody Eric on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
but my eagle hoplite who is already a major threat needs to become a bigger threat. hes a swashbucklers worst nightmare

Ensign
Feb 26, 2010
So what do you think will happen when, Bonnie Anne for example, gets to the point that she's promoted so many times that we've chosen all her Epics? Maybe a 4th tier?

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Bloody Eric on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
So what do you think will happen when, Bonnie Anne for example, gets to the point that she's promoted so many times that we've chosen all her Epics? Maybe a 4th tier?
That is unlikely to happen, because if you've been paying close attention (like I have) then you will notice new epics are unlocked as your companion upgrades. But if that ever does happen, the I will eat my shirt.

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Bloody Eric on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I think I remember seeing Ratbeard say something about already having the 5th tier of epics planned out. I am not good with memory, but I know he will be adding higher ranks for each epic soon.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Since pirate101 is a fairly young game, the question of not promoting companions is just plain silly. It's like sailing the raft, the one Avery gave beyond skull island.Beside there are plenty of empty slots to be filled in our companion's talents and powers bar, waiting to be unlock in future updates. In most companions, I see some potential promotions beyond the current level cap.As well as new companions as, our pirates discovers new worlds and/or expansion of existing ones.

Hawkules for example has a potential to become a legendary hero to something else as his second tier. Old scratch is another companion to have a 4th tier. I would like to see thunder hoof's 2nd tier,as well as some companions yet to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th and maybe 6th tier level.

In other words the best has yet to come.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Since pirate101 is a fairly young game, the question of not promoting companions is just plain silly. It's like sailing the raft, the one Avery gave beyond skull island.Beside there are plenty of empty slots to be filled in our companion's talents and powers bar, waiting to be unlock in future updates. In most companions, I see some potential promotions beyond the current level cap.As well as new companions as, our pirates discovers new worlds and/or expansion of existing ones.

Hawkules for example has a potential to become a legendary hero to something else as his second tier. Old scratch is another companion to have a 4th tier. I would like to see thunder hoof's 2nd tier,as well as some companions yet to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th and maybe 6th tier level.

In other words the best has yet to come.
Give some love to the forgotten "weak" companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't believe your companions can have 'too many' epics!