Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Improving Musketeer traps

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
Musketeer traps are one of the major skills that define the class. Yet, at least pre level 30, they aren't that good nor do they stop anything nor do they seem to scale in damage with levels.
Even worse, for flying mobs, such as those found on ships, they don't work at all!

I would suggest some changes:

1. Like any trap in real life, they should stop a mob in place for the rest of that turn
2. They should at least have damage scale with levels and/or provide a chance to crit. Let's face it, land mines have kills many soldiers in the wars. Why not allow the same effect with traps?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Musketeer traps are one of the major skills that define the class. Yet, at least pre level 30, they aren't that good nor do they stop anything nor do they seem to scale in damage with levels.
Even worse, for flying mobs, such as those found on ships, they don't work at all!

1. Like any trap in real life, they should stop a mob in place for the rest of that turn
2. They should at least have damage scale with levels and/or provide a chance to crit. Let's face it, land mines have kills many soldiers in the wars. Why not allow the same effect with traps?
You have a point, but no one would like an 'instant kill'. And if you bump up trap's damage, then I, as a Swashbuckler, want the ability to jump over them.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
sandy20850 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:

They do have damage scales with levels. The higher level you get, you'll get more "Spell Power" and that increases your trap and bomb damage. They do have chances to critical, same as every other attack. The reason traps don't stop anything or aren't good at level 30, is because it's level 30! Just level up more and you'll see that all of your points were incorrect. Buccaneers were known for their armor and armor reducing talents, but at level 30, they only had 2 and barely any armor. Swashbucklers were known for their poisons and dance of steel. At level 30, they had one poison and one dance of steel, etc. If a mob is flying, it shouldn't trigger the ground/bear traps, but for the level 40 trap power which has traps above and below, they should trigger.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
So far, I haven't seen evidence of anything that you have mentioned in your post, Deathwiz. I have not seen scaling of damage, not seen crits and certainly don't see any stopping of the enemy who hits a trap. Maybe they get better in the higher levels,but they certainly seem to need some buffing up in the lower levels.