Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

It's not about winning, it's about fun

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Ok, I hated this moment.

I was in a PvP battle with a Musketeer on my side and a low pirate, vs 3 other maxed pirates. It was still winnable, until the Maxed Musketeer on my side hung me out to dry, leaving the battle. These guys were being mean because they totally missed the point of PvP: It's not about winning, it's about fun. They were being total jerks when they said "Then why am I having fun?", and the reason was because I could not win.

I have NO idea why people think Winning battles is fun. It's nice to win at times, but it's supposed to be like friendly competition, not a place where you can be arrogant and just always be on the winning side, and being a total jerk about it. I reported them for rude behavior, but they claimed I was "False Reporting", but I wasn't. They always accuse you of False Reporting when you report, little realizing you're not false reporting.

Speaking of unfair matches, I swear there needs to be a balancing out system for PvP like they did in Pet PvP matches, because almost every time I go in a PvP battle, either noobs are all on my side or their side or one side cannot win and such. This just happens so frequently in random places.

KingsIsle, if you're reading this, PvP is just a big mess of low levels, rude people, and unfair matches. Can you look it into your heart to help a Pirate out?

Petty Alicia Cog

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i get where you are coming from man, but give it time. remember, it is a game, and it just wouldn't be the internet without some trash talking. it's a shame your ally left in the middle of the fight, but remember, KI just kinda released pvp out as a test. Ratbeard has made it clear that he has not even begun to consider balancing classes for pvp, it is just there for our pleasure. now think, first, if they were trash talking you, how bad was it? was it really worth reporting them over? maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, i dont know. unless they had passed the swear blocker somehow, i doubt it was that bad. if it was, you should have taken some screenshots to send to someone in KI.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It all depends on who you pvp with. If you're doing this with the right people it can be fun, even up-lifting ( even if you lose ) I learn so much from other pvp-ers in tactics and strategy. And a nice GG or 'good game' whether you win or lose is a gracious acknowledgement for their effort. Sorry you can't report people for being rude jerks, that's life. Ignore them, report only bad language or sexting.
Should Ranked pvp come to Pirate101, there will be a more even and fair playing field!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
itsamemario4 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I hated this moment.

I was in a PvP battle with a Musketeer on my side and a low pirate, vs 3 other maxed pirates. It was still winnable, until the Maxed Musketeer on my side hung me out to dry, leaving the battle. These guys were being mean because they totally missed the point of PvP: It's not about winning, it's about fun. They were being total jerks when they said "Then why am I having fun?", and the reason was because I could not win.

I have NO idea why people think Winning battles is fun. It's nice to win at times, but it's supposed to be like friendly competition, not a place where you can be arrogant and just always be on the winning side, and being a total jerk about it. I reported them for rude behavior, but they claimed I was "False Reporting", but I wasn't. They always accuse you of False Reporting when you report, little realizing you're not false reporting.

Speaking of unfair matches, I swear there needs to be a balancing out system for PvP like they did in Pet PvP matches, because almost every time I go in a PvP battle, either noobs are all on my side or their side or one side cannot win and such. This just happens so frequently in random places.

KingsIsle, if you're reading this, PvP is just a big mess of low levels, rude people, and unfair matches. Can you look it into your heart to help a Pirate out?

Petty Alicia Cog
As rude as they were and I do not support rudeness in any way, they did have a point. Reporting for rudeness is considered a "False report" Please read what is truly considered reportable then you will not have to worry about who you report.

Balancing PvP will happen in the future, it IS on Ratbeard's radar but bigger issues and updates are the priority at this point. Just ignore rude players like that and change realms to get away from them. I do not mean to not pay attention to them, I mean to actually use your "Ignore" button and then you will not hear a word they say.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Lol, I like that man!...
I totally agree that (friendly) PVP matches should be for fun but not all matches are friendly you know!
When I PVP with my close friends in the game I just do it for fun and recklessly charge at them, but some fights are challenging. Like those players who have big ego, you just take it seriously when you happen to PVP them, if you lose their ego will grow bigger!

*A game without a challenge is a game with no flavor!!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Ok, I hated this moment.

Petty Alicia Cog
Hey Alicia!

I'm sorry about your experiences in PVP, but not everyone is a sweet angel in this world, sadly. The best thing I would do is simply ignore those who do try to make rude remarks, replying back to them only feeds to their hunger for more rude remarks.

As for PVP in general, Ratbeard has said some many times he will not be focusing changes on PVP until ranked PVP comes out. Until then, you'll just have to stick it out, or perhaps take a break from it.

Man, perhaps the least helpful answer I've given, ehehehehe...

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
As rude as they were and I do not support rudeness in any way, they did have a point. Reporting for rudeness is considered a "False report" Please read what is truly considered reportable then you will not have to worry about who you report.

Balancing PvP will happen in the future, it IS on Ratbeard's radar but bigger issues and updates are the priority at this point. Just ignore rude players like that and change realms to get away from them. I do not mean to not pay attention to them, I mean to actually use your "Ignore" button and then you will not hear a word they say.
Thanks for clearing that up, Crissy. BTW, when you report somebody, you automaticly ignore them, so there will be no need to ignore them afterward. And thanks for the list of things that you should report someone if they are doing something like that. I see a lot of people swearing around the filter, and some of my friends do as well. (But i'll tell them no swearing.)

Ratbeard, I wish you the best of luck at making more balanced PvP so we can all have a better time. Tired of this PvP...

Petty Alicia Cog

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Some people are real jerks. I never do PvP anymore because of people that have put me down for my companions, saying I'm weak, and fleeing.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
f is for friends who do stuff together, u is for u and me, n is any where any time at all... right here in pvp.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Some people are real jerks. I never do PvP anymore because of people that have put me down for my companions, saying I'm weak, and fleeing.
I get where you're coming from to simply distance yourself from people like that, you have my full support in that regard. But if they say all that and then they're the ones that flee? In that case, just ignore them cause those are the ones that are so full of themselves that for them to see the truth would be mentally crippling.

If you don't feel right just straight ignoring them, then when they come back and don't say anything, call it good there. If they do say anything, than call them out on fleeing. It's the single thing in PvP that really counts as solid evidence against anyone. We all win and lose under different circumstances, that's inevitable. What we don't all do is flee a match after trash talking our opponents. That's a position for only the select few who don't need to be PvPing occupy.

Just something to consider if you ever feel like returning to PvP

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Silly Sebastian on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I get where you're coming from to simply distance yourself from people like that, you have my full support in that regard. But if they say all that and then they're the ones that flee? In that case, just ignore them cause those are the ones that are so full of themselves that for them to see the truth would be mentally crippling.

If you don't feel right just straight ignoring them, then when they come back and don't say anything, call it good there. If they do say anything, than call them out on fleeing. It's the single thing in PvP that really counts as solid evidence against anyone. We all win and lose under different circumstances, that's inevitable. What we don't all do is flee a match after trash talking our opponents. That's a position for only the select few who don't need to be PvPing occupy.

Just something to consider if you ever feel like returning to PvP

Silly Sebastian (,,)
They aren't the ones that flee, I mean people in general who just flee.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Ok, I hated this moment.

Petty Alicia Cog
winning battles is very fun when they are fair, when its unfair it can still be fun to win or even if you lose to see how good you if your the one against the odds such as a 2v1

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
f is for friends who do stuff together, u is for u and me, n is any where any time at all... right here in pvp.
F is for fire that burns down the whole floor, u is for uranium- bombs! N is for no survival!! When you- no that's not how it goes!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
F is for fire that burns down the whole floor, u is for uranium- bombs! N is for no survival!! When you- no that's not how it goes!
I hoped someone would get that easter egg

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Wizard 101 pvp feels like this to me to

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
krokotopia pirate on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Wizard 101 pvp feels like this to me to
i really never did wizard101 pvp but theres allot of people that are competitive

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Ok, I hated this moment.

Petty Alicia Cog
I am always very humble when I defeat someone. I am always the first to say 'good game' and I never gloat. Also, I never leave a match before it is over, regardless of how hopeless it may seem. On the very very extremely rare and highly unusual occasions when I lose, (lol) I am always the first to congratulate the victors and compliment their style. But everyone is not like me. The attitudes and comments of those who pvp vary greatly and are sometimes kinda sad. A friend of mine wanted to pvp me the other day and I said I'd rather not pvp a friend. She kept on and on until I agreed. Well, I should have let her win because after I beat her she deleted me even though we'd been friends for a long time. After the match I told her that I could help her with strategy and also help her farm for better gear, but she wasn't impressed by my gracious offer and dumped me anyway. So I will share this wisdom with you...pvp is not for the faint of heart or those who are easily offended. It is competitive in nature and anywhere there is competition there will be passion. Words spoken in a moment of passion are often regretted later but difficult to take back...especially when you don't know the person you spoke them to or where to find them. So enter the Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber at your own risk because you never know the type of pirate you may encounter there. You might battle those who are good sports or you might end up in a match against some poor sports and you should know that going in. I have had many great pvp experiences and also many poor ones, so it is a risk one must be willing to take because it would be impossible to regulate and it will never happen. If everyone who is a poor sport or makes an insensitive comment from time to time got reported and KI decided to ban them from pvp , the only ones left to compete against would be the Care Bears and...how much fun would that be? Everything can't always be lollipops and rainbows so take it all with a grain of salt and be the bigger person. Fair sailing friend.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Ok, I hated this moment.

Petty Alicia Cog
Question: How is winning battles NOT fun? I mean, would you rather win or lose? If you don't like it, don't do it.