Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Autumn Starwalker's Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I was asked to post this on Autumn Starwalker's behalf.

"so it's been a build up over time but the more i play the game the less i want to.... as with anything worth having you have to work to get it... but with the impossible drop rates and luck of finding and "guessing" that goes in to having something it is utterly annoying i'm sorry but this is something need to get off my chest.

1.since we have gotten advanced pets we have been given little to no information on what pets are actually in the game. just subtle hints that there are possible drops and hybrids that could be hatched, great so we spend HOURS farming for gold to hatch numerous of times for a possible hope of finding a hybrid? well let me see i'm so sick of spending gold, guessing on WHAT HYBRIDS THERE MAY BE. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ANYMORE INFORMATION? IS IT TO MUCH TOO ASK FOR YOU GUYS TO JUST CONFIRM THE PETS? EVEN IF YOU WANT US TO LOOK FOR THEM AND GO ON A TREASURE HUNT FOR THEM IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER TO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT PETS THERE ARE.

2. BOSS CHEST... SO NOT ONLY HAS IT BECOME IMPOSSIBLE TO FARM FOR UNIQUE BOSS GEAR THE DROP RATE HAS BEEN NERF TO INCLUDE SOME LOW LEVEL PET SNACKS? LIKE REALLY? FARM FOR 7 HOURS AND YOU KEEP GETTING HORRID SNACKS NOW? THIS MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM

3. PET TRAINING - AT FIRST I WAS OVERLY EXCITED BY THE PROSPECT OF NOT HAVING TO DO MINI GAMES TO TRAIN PETS BUT WE MUST SPEND CROWNS TO FINISH TRAINING QUICKLY OR WAIT A NUMBER OF DAYS TO GET TO MAX? WHEN IN WIZARD101 IT COULD TAKE YOU A HOUR PLUS AT MOST TO MAX YOUR PET WITH MEGAS... THIS SEEMS LIKE ITS FAR WORSE.

4. PET MORPHING - i've already mentioned morphing it's been weeks now and i have been putting together a log of my morphing results of how many times i have hatched and the results of the experiments and guessing of what possible hybrids i could get... when i think it through i go what is the point really? i've been tricked not only will it take a lot of time to unlock and find all these creatures i so badly want.. but over time i must go through the process of training them all if i want them to be any good? NO THANKS

5. SENDING COMPANIONS OFF FOR GOLD? DUDE YOU'RE BETTER OFF FARMING YOURSELF. 9 -12 HOURS FOR POSSIBLE 1,000 IN GOLD FROM A COMPANION? PLEASE ( i'm guessing the more gold you already have the longer it will take -_-)

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
(Continued)
SO TO THIS I SAY TO THE TEAM AT PIRATE101.... I LOVED THIS GAME I WAS IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME BUT YOU GUYS HAVE OVER TIME RUINED IT FOR ME WITH THESE CHANGES. i am looking at the cost in crowns for everything and i argued with my wizard101 friends how NO NO THIS GAME ISNT MORE IN CROWNS... BUT NOW I'M SEEING THE COST AND TIME CONSUMING EFFORT THIS GAME IS.... IF THINGS KEEP PROGRESSING THIS WAY I WILL HAVE TO QUIT THIS GAME...IVE INVESTED A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME IN THIS GAME BUT I WON'T GET SO ANNOYED WITH IT THAT I FEEL LIKE IT'S OVER WHELMING BECAUSE THEN IT ISN'T FUN ANYMORE. SO FROM A FAN TO YOU GUYS PLEASE TAKE THIS RANT AS FEEDBACK PLEASE CHANGE SOME THINGS "

-Autumn Starwalker

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
I'm not the kind to rant or anything, so this is not a rant post. But I do agree with some of Autumn's points.

About Pets:

1 - I think the Pet Training timer is way too long. It has to be reduced. It's kinda silly to train a pet to adult that takes a few days WITHOUT paying to accelerate the process. It should take a few hours imo or at least 12 hours. A few days is too much. This discourages hatching which is not what you want to do.

2 - The pet morphing timer should be removed or at least reduced to 5 minutes which is how long the majority of pets hatches in. I don't know why you again want to discourage people from hatching. Making us wait extra 5 minutes is just silly imo.

3 - As for the pet training timer itself, reduce the timer and/or convert it to cheap gold. For instance, to quickly finish training a pet on a certain task, will now costs 500 gold for members. Crowns for crown players. But yes, still reduce the time on each task. Waiting a few hours for ONE training task is just crazy.

4 - Regarding Hybrids, do not tell us ALL of the Hybrids that are available. But do give us a clue of what IS available, at least ONE Hybrid pet and confirm it. So that way you can help us focus and have a goal. We work best when we do have a goal. This will help us feel more encouraged to hatch and find theories. Right now, it's just confusion and frustration in the morphing tent. This will really help to get the ball rolling so to speak. You could reveal one pet per month depending on how successful we are already.. or sadly not.

About Companions:

The Gold and (Character & Nautical) XP rewards received from Companion Tasks should be increased. You earn so much MORE in a hour of farming Friar Sands or even opening special padlock chests. Please raise it. Make them more useful this way.

Again, thank you all so much for listening. I appreciate all of your hard work!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am not the ranting type either but I will admit there are some valid points here. All opinions, nicely expressed are very welcome here. All has been already said so I can just agree.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I do agree with some of these things, and I feel like some of them need to be reduced since they're over the top.

1: Well, as OEJ says, it's a (DUN DUN DUN) Mystery! x10 We'll have to figure it out on our own, i'm afraid.

2: I do agree, bosses and other things only give low level snacks. Why can't we get high level snacks from bosses? I don't think the drop rate for rare items are nerfed.

3: Exactly, why wait a day if you don't have crowns and if you have crowns you can just finish it immediately? I would also appriciate it if we could get some snacks from the snack packs including the mega snack packs so we can level up our pet easily without feeding it level 1-4 snack pets.

4: Same as above, it's a mystery.

5: I don't mind this at all. If you give your plunderer the Plunderer talent, it'll go faster and it may hit a gold mine, meaning you'll get a lot of gold.

BTW, what is it with people saying "Hatch" instead of "Morph"? I mean, this is Pirate101, not Wizard101.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I do not agree with any of this. I think that the Pirate101 team not telling us the hybrids is good so that it is fun to find them ourselves. Don't waste gold finding them too. It would be more fun if you just find one by accident than wasting your time finding a silly hybrid. Pet timers are the perfect amount of time too and the crowns are just for the people who are too lazy to wait. You need to rethink many of your claims.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on May 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm not the kind to rant or anything, so this is not a rant post. But I do agree with some of Autumn's points.

About Pets:

1 - I think the Pet Training timer is way too long. It has to be reduced. It's kinda silly to train a pet to adult that takes a few days WITHOUT paying to accelerate the process. It should take a few hours imo or at least 12 hours. A few days is too much. This discourages hatching which is not what you want to do.

2 - The pet morphing timer should be removed or at least reduced to 5 minutes which is how long the majority of pets hatches in. I don't know why you again want to discourage people from hatching. Making us wait extra 5 minutes is just silly imo.

3 - As for the pet training timer itself, reduce the timer and/or convert it to cheap gold. For instance, to quickly finish training a pet on a certain task, will now costs 500 gold for members. Crowns for crown players. But yes, still reduce the time on each task. Waiting a few hours for ONE training task is just crazy.

4 - Regarding Hybrids, do not tell us ALL of the Hybrids that are available. But do give us a clue of what IS available, at least ONE Hybrid pet and confirm it. So that way you can help us focus and have a goal. We work best when we do have a goal. This will help us feel more encouraged to hatch and find theories. Right now, it's just confusion and frustration in the morphing tent. This will really help to get the ball rolling so to speak. You could reveal one pet per month depending on how successful we are already.. or sadly not.

About Companions:

The Gold and (Character & Nautical) XP rewards received from Companion Tasks should be increased. You earn so much MORE in a hour of farming Friar Sands or even opening special padlock chests. Please raise it. Make them more useful this way.

Again, thank you all so much for listening. I appreciate all of your hard work!
Hello Kelsey & Autumn.

You both bring up some great points in regards to the whole pet training and morphing processes.

As far as Autumn's list (Kelsey's too- but referencing Autumn's #s):

1] I too think that it would be nice to get some type of clues or hints, to point us in the right direction to find rare hybrid pets- mainly due to the high costs of morphing. I think it would be great if KI would add 'pet hybrid recipes' that our Pet Wranglers could discover. They perhaps could be like 'treasure cards' that hint at where to start & what pets to use towards creating a rare hybrid. A follow-the-clues type of system where maybe there are 3 levels of 'hybrid recipe cards' that when followed would ultimately lead to these 'rare species'. I absolutely don't want to be told exactly what and how to discover these secrets, but at the same time it is nice to be pointed in the right direction.

2] According to One-Eyed Jack, via Ratbeard and Decius- the snacks added to the drops in no way affect the drop rates of gear or unique gear for bosses.....they simply are added on top of the gear loot table & rates. I know that, pre-update, I often had many, many times in a row where I received nothing but gold, instead of gear. Now post update, supposedly we can go many times in a row and receive nothing but gold & snacks, instead of gear. The snacks where added with the gold drops & in addition to the gear drops & not instead of the gear drops, & thus don't take away or influence the gear loot tables or drops at all.

About Companions:

5] This one I have a slightly different opinion about. I really don't have any issues with the amount of gold the companions are bringing back from looting- even at only 500-1000 a piece for 9-12 hours worth of waiting. The reason I say this is because before the update, those same companions were doing absolutely nothing for us, except frustrating us when one of the low level ones thought it would be a riot to join our pirate in battle. They didn't bring in any gold or any other things useful to our pirates. Now, even if it doesn't seem like much, it's all extra gold for our pirates- when before the updates there was none. Before all we had for gaining gold was farming, questing & selling off 'useless gear'. Now at least there's another option...one that we don't even have to put any real time or effort into. We can still farm the Friar & Aquilian Ships for gold and in the meantime our previously idle companions will be providing some extra coin- all in the background, while we continue our piratin' ways.

In my opinion, in regards to #5- we are asking a bit too much of KI to already increase what the companions are bringing in from their tasks, only because they weren't bringing in anything at all before. In a way it's kind of like getting a donation or hand out and then saying "that's not enough, we want more." After all, we are getting 'free' gold, XP, tomes and gear...the amount shouldn't really matter when it's 'free'.

Developer
1. HYBRIDS-- If you don't like looking for hybrids, there's a simple solution: don't do it. Looking for hybrids is no different than farming for unique boss loot-- it's either worth it to you to put in the time (and gold), or not. Over time, we will add more and more special hybrids, so it will eventually be easier to find hybrids-- but that is not a reason to make them any more common now, or to ruin the mystery or the sense of accomplishment for Master Morphers now.

Morphing pets is valuable in and of itself, as you can train up the new pet with better stats and abilities inherited from the parents.

2. BOSS CHESTS-- the drop rate on boss loot has not changed. We've simply added snacks to the possible things that might drop. Whereas before that boss would drop nothing but gold (and rarely loot items), now he's likely to drop snacks and gold (and loot items are still rare).

3. PET TRAINING-- Here's an idea: Feed all those "worthless" snacks to your pets to train them faster. EVERY snack is worth bonus XP and if you're careful about watching for what your pet Likes or Loves, even the lowest level snacks will give you +1 or +2 Power.

It should be evident from the rate at which the Pet Training tasks increase in time that, generally speaking, we think that leveling up a pet should probably take a few days. Just like we think that getting good loot should take some time, too.

4. See above.

5. GOLD Tasks-- "
SENDING COMPANIONS OFF FOR GOLD? DUDE YOU'RE BETTER OFF FARMING YOURSELF."

Yes, dude, you ARE better off farming yourself.

By design, "getting something for doing something" is more effective than "getting something for doing nothing."

That's a design philosophy you can expect to see again and again throughout the game.

Community Leader
itsamemario4 on May 26, 2014 wrote:
I do agree with some of these things, and I feel like some of them need to be reduced since they're over the top.

1: Well, as OEJ says, it's a (DUN DUN DUN) Mystery! x10 We'll have to figure it out on our own, i'm afraid.

2: I do agree, bosses and other things only give low level snacks. Why can't we get high level snacks from bosses? I don't think the drop rate for rare items are nerfed.

3: Exactly, why wait a day if you don't have crowns and if you have crowns you can just finish it immediately? I would also appriciate it if we could get some snacks from the snack packs including the mega snack packs so we can level up our pet easily without feeding it level 1-4 snack pets.

4: Same as above, it's a mystery.

5: I don't mind this at all. If you give your plunderer the Plunderer talent, it'll go faster and it may hit a gold mine, meaning you'll get a lot of gold.

BTW, what is it with people saying "Hatch" instead of "Morph"? I mean, this is Pirate101, not Wizard101.
For #3, I disagree. I am able to raise my pets on Level 1-4 snacks quite nicely. I adore the cheaper Snack Packs. I think it's just fine. The bigger problem was the training tasks took a bit too long. If I pay to quickly finish training up my pet and feed it Level 1-4 snacks from the start go, I can get the pet to adult in 10 minutes. So no, the snacks aren't the problem lol.

And PS: It's a force of habit to say Hatch. Hehehe. You're right. I MUST force myself to say MORPH! Morph... Morph.. Morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrph.. Mor-Mor-Morphhhhhhhhhhh. :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on May 27, 2014 wrote:
For #3, I disagree. I am able to raise my pets on Level 1-4 snacks quite nicely. I adore the cheaper Snack Packs. I think it's just fine. The bigger problem was the training tasks took a bit too long. If I pay to quickly finish training up my pet and feed it Level 1-4 snacks from the start go, I can get the pet to adult in 10 minutes. So no, the snacks aren't the problem lol.

And PS: It's a force of habit to say Hatch. Hehehe. You're right. I MUST force myself to say MORPH! Morph... Morph.. Morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrph.. Mor-Mor-Morphhhhhhhhhhh. :P
I tend to say hatch because they ARE eggs and they do hatch. Plus it eliminates any confusion as to a hatched pet and getting a morphed pet which is the goal we have been relentlessly chasing. If I want to help a friend get a desired pet, or get one for me for that matter, I say hatch. If I am trying an experiment for something new I say morph.
Hmm, perhaps I should say hybrid more often?