Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra is too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2010
Hi, I'm a level 65 Swashbuckler and level 65 i have to fight the hydra but i always die to him and i dont see how its a fair fight!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
It's easier with friends we did it in no time and was very easy

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 26, 2014 wrote:
It's easier with friends we did it in no time and was very easy
note I did it with only one other person not a group of 4 that case it takes to long)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AdamThePirateman on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I'm a level 65 Swashbuckler and level 65 i have to fight the hydra but i always die to him and i dont see how its a fair fight!
I consider the Hydra the top number one boss ( so far ) I have 6 pirates and not one of them were able to complete this battle solo ( even the privateer at max ). I either had a friend help me or hired a henchman.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
I consider the Hydra the top number one boss ( so far ) I have 6 pirates and not one of them were able to complete this battle solo ( even the privateer at max ). I either had a friend help me or hired a henchman.
I did it once solo on my Musketeer but the next time she tried she got her tush kicked out of the pond so it may have been luck.

Ensign
May 27, 2012
Hydra is most definitely the hardest battle so far - it takes a long time, companions will die and it certainly pays to use up some of those hard earned doubloons :) If it helps, try to imagine it as a three phase battle. You need to do as much damage to the ebon head when you can and defeat the three colours three times (I think). It can be done on your own - being in the right place at the right time when the ebon head shows up helps, spreading your companions out also helps as one inevitably gets surrounded by ice and can't move and be sure to improve all your stats when you can - good luck and keep trying, you'll get there in the end and be very pleased with yourself!! Believe it or not, you'll end up going back to it later on just for fun.

Ensign
Aug 07, 2012
what i did that really helped me was a leveled up alot of my comanions and i picked people that can take out large portions of enemys. When i beat hydra i used bonnie anne, old scratch, and rat beard all fully promoted . hope this helped.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Wow.....every time I fight him, I solo him pretty easily on my musketeer. Just keep focused and keep attacking the Hydra and this quest! You'll beat him! As for hitting that TROLLING Ebon Head, keep on your toes and move your companions to where you think he'll appear. Or you yourself stay out of the fight, let your companions handle it, and you hunt down and kill the Ebon Head! Good luck!!