Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ability to sit.... on chairs?!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I think it would be pretty fun to be able to sit on chairs in the game, I remember when my friends got the new Pokémon X and Y games, they literally spent most of the game time sitting on the chairs and benches... even saying things like "OMG this is so awesoooooome!!!" XD Just a thought!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I think it would be pretty fun to be able to sit on chairs in the game, I remember when my friends got the new Pokémon X and Y games, they literally spent most of the game time sitting on the chairs and benches... even saying things like "OMG this is so awesoooooome!!!" XD Just a thought!
Love your thought - send it to Avery's post " Do you have an Idea?"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea it does seem a harmless activity. To be able to sit at a table with some tea and a good friend and chat or to sit while telling spooky stories during a party just sounds lovely.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Yes that would be cool

This feature has been asked for on both games countless times and they are pretty much never going to make "sitting" on furniture available. I wouldn't care for all the data lag that would accompany something like this.

I do think that more furniture should be interactable in some ways because when in my house I don't like staring at things.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the very few MMOs I've played only one granted the ability to sit down. It was however, a two- dimensional game, not three dimensional like Pirate101. I wonder if this function could be attached to the emotes list? As you know we have the ability ( for example ) to dance and we keep dancing until we use the arrow or the wasd keys. What if we were able to select 'sit down' on the emotes list and a chair magically appears under our bottoms? And we continue to sit until we use the arrow or wasd keys?

Ensign
Aug 14, 2008
GoldRoseKnight on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Yes that would be cool

This feature has been asked for on both games countless times and they are pretty much never going to make "sitting" on furniture available. I wouldn't care for all the data lag that would accompany something like this.

I do think that more furniture should be interactable in some ways because when in my house I don't like staring at things.
My apologies, but I disagree. Sitting animations for furniture shouldn't create any lag if the code is properly implemented and optimized. In Pokémon X and Y, sitting is automatically triggered by walking into a chair or bench, and the animation itself doesn't create any lag within the game.

If one wanted to add sitting to the game, all they would need to do is develop the animation, attach the code to the character files, and write trigger code to all of the applicable furniture (there's probably more to this too). The only reason why I don't think we can sit on furniture yet is because programming and debugging takes time and resources; both of which are limited and greatly needed in the bigger and more-important projects like the brand-new worlds.

In the grand scheme of things, I can see a sitting animation project being on the same priority bracket as the brand-new class badges: something added in for fun :).

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is the interaction I always wanted for a long time. It's a great idea for talking to friends,story parties etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There's another possibilty and would be a funny April Fool's item. The Chair Mount ( with 0 movement of course). And since Ki loves Monty Python so much it would HAVE to be a 'comfy chair'!