Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Central Roleplay Sign-up

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Welcome, one and all, to the Gbalance Roleplay Moving Co. HQ! Here you can sign up for your Roleplays to have guaranteed moving to Central! Everything will stay the same- all characters, plot lines, all that jazz. To sign up your roleplay, just post the name of the roleplay, and spots are first come, first serve. Of course, I'll try to move all Roleplays. (Jack, can you make it that I can edit this post multiple times, so I don't have to keep posting the list?) I know many of you guys/ girls are already on Central, so any help is appreciated! (Highlander, Chrissy, Valkoor, I'm looking at you!) List of known Message Boarders/ Centralers: 1. Me (Buccaneer Expert) 2. Highlander Fox of Avalon 3. Chrissy Th' Blesser 4. ValkoortheVictorious

List of Roleplays to be moved:
1. Roleplay- Captured! by Gbalance101
2. Roleplay- Again, I guess by Luke Darkrunner
3. Roleplay- A Masked Ball in Padova by Anne Radclife
4. Roleplay- bored... by Kai Alcott

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
GBalance101 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
Welcome, one and all, to the Gbalance Roleplay Moving Co. HQ! Here you can sign up for your Roleplays to have guaranteed moving to Central! Everything will stay the same- all characters, plot lines, all that jazz. To sign up your roleplay, just post the name of the roleplay, and spots are first come, first serve. Of course, I'll try to move all Roleplays. (Jack, can you make it that I can edit this post multiple times, so I don't have to keep posting the list?) I know many of you guys/ girls are already on Central, so any help is appreciated! (Highlander, Chrissy, Valkoor, I'm looking at you!) List of known Message Boarders/ Centralers: 1. Me (Buccaneer Expert) 2. Highlander Fox of Avalon 3. Chrissy Th' Blesser 4. ValkoortheVictorious

List of Roleplays to be moved:
2. Roleplay- Again, I guess by Luke Darkrunner
George-San, just to let you know, role plays work fairly differently on Central. There are rules, character limits, etc, etc. I've been role playing there since august or so, and I'd know. Just saying.

Anyway, it's a great idea..

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
George-San, just to let you know, role plays work fairly differently on Central. There are rules, character limits, etc, etc. I've been role playing there since august or so, and I'd know. Just saying.

Anyway, it's a great idea..

Ciao!
Yea, I understand. Thanks anyway. I've been wondering. What happened to the Roleplay that you made, Thrown Into Darkness, I believe. Anyway, here's the new list.

2. Roleplay- Again, I guess? by Luke Darkrunner
5. Roleplay- Unpaid Debts by koompa stomp

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the offer, GBalance, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea to move the entire 'A Masked Ball in Padova' over to Central. It would be an awfully big file, I'm sure. I just successfully signed up for Central today, but I don't know how things work yet. Right now I am thinking of indeed finishing up the tale over at Central, but probably starting it with a short review so readers will not be completely baffled (or have to read through lots of pages). Advice and comments on this endeavor are welcome. I will announce something as a note in the storyline once I have an idea of how to do things.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Please don't be upset here GBalance, but what you are currently doing and suggest bothers me a bit, let me explain why.

It sounds a bit to me that what you have decided on your own is very close to something called plagerism, which covers a lot more than simply claiming someone elses work as your own. I know these roleplays are just for fun, and are not serious pieces of work. This all may just be because as a real life scientist I work with a lot of material known as intellectual property, which we protect very jealously. This leads to a large set of actual laws, and a large set of guidlines or unoffical rules to follow when dealing with other peoples intellectual property.

Now, these roleplays really wouldn't fall under any copyright laws or anything like that so don't worry, I'm more concerned about the basic guidlines that anyone should follow when dealing with someone elses work. Namely, you really should not do anything with someone elses work (intellectual property) without their permission.

What I'm saying, is please ask for permission from the original creators of the roleplay before you decide to transfer it to central. Some roleplays might be ended before the end of April.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
GBalance101 on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Yea, I understand. Thanks anyway. I've been wondering. What happened to the Roleplay that you made, Thrown Into Darkness, I believe. Anyway, here's the new list.

5. Roleplay- Unpaid Debts by koompa stomp
I'm not sure if I tell you on here or on Central, but my roleplay is called "First Roleplay."

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
CdeWinter on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Please don't be upset here GBalance, but what you are currently doing and suggest bothers me a bit, let me explain why.

It sounds a bit to me that what you have decided on your own is very close to something called plagerism, which covers a lot more than simply claiming someone elses work as your own. I know these roleplays are just for fun, and are not serious pieces of work. This all may just be because as a real life scientist I work with a lot of material known as intellectual property, which we protect very jealously. This leads to a large set of actual laws, and a large set of guidlines or unoffical rules to follow when dealing with other peoples intellectual property.

Now, these roleplays really wouldn't fall under any copyright laws or anything like that so don't worry, I'm more concerned about the basic guidlines that anyone should follow when dealing with someone elses work. Namely, you really should not do anything with someone elses work (intellectual property) without their permission.

What I'm saying, is please ask for permission from the original creators of the roleplay before you decide to transfer it to central. Some roleplays might be ended before the end of April.
Thanks for the idea, Miss DeWinter. I understand completely. If the creators of the Roleplays could post here, would they please.

List of Roleplays:

2. A Masked Ball in Padova by Anne Radclife (need permission
3. Any other Roleplays (need permission)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I'd like to add: if anyone, and I mean anyone, needs any information on the site or anything, I'm the one to go to. This summer I'll have been on the site for a year. :)

Ciao!

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Another thing, a great roleplayer there to talk to for help is Endercat. She's excellent at Roleplay and I definitely recommend talking with her.

You guys don't know how excited I am to have new roleplayers coming in and onto Central!!!

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Luke Darkrunner on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Move mine.
UPDATED LIST OF ROLEPLAYS

2. Roleplay- Again, I guess? by LukeDarkrunner

Roleplay added!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
I would also like to point out that Roleplays progress faster on Central, as posts are immediately posted, without the wait time. Please return to your normal schedule. Thank you, and have a nice day!

"Power to the Players!" -GameStop

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure if I tell you on here or on Central, but my roleplay is called "First Roleplay."
You can tell me here. I'm guessing you want it moved to Central. I can move this as a thread on Central, but anyone who is in your plot line needs to have a Central account to post on the thread.

1. Roleplay- Captured! By Gbalance101
3. First Roleplay by genericpirate786
4. Roleplay- Unpaid Debts by koompa stomp

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
I wouldn't mind if you moved mine now, could you please do that?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Luke Darkrunner on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I wouldn't mind if you moved mine now, could you please do that?
Ok, I'll see what I can do. Be warned, that without a central account, you, or anyone in on your plot, cannot post on it. By the time this goes up, I'll probably already have it on Central.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Ok guys, the end of April approaches. If you are absolutely sure you want your Roleplay to be moved, no questions asked, please post below. I have already moved Luke's Roleplay, as he requested immediate movement. After April 30, this thread may not operate very longer. On May 5, I will ask One-Eyed Jack to close this thread. On May 5, no sooner no later, the Gbalance101 Roleplay Movement HQ will shut down. Thank you.