Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wind lanes

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Are they natural or man made. They seem natural but in Valencia they go into the big machine. Could that mean Kane could make them or someday we could? Maybe we will see more on this subject, I would like to know.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Are they natural or man made. They seem natural but in Valencia they go into the big machine. Could that mean Kane could make them or someday we could? Maybe we will see more on this subject, I would like to know.
I believe the windlanes are completely natural. I think they are the Spiral equivelants of our Earthly oceanic gyres or maybe even the equivelant of the jet streams.

Each ocean on earth has one or more very large circular currents known as gyres. These gyres always rotate in the same direction are caused by the Earth's rotation. I know that many of the windlanes in the Spiral don't form a complete circle, but many of them do. the windlanes in Monquista and Marleybone form small circular currents, whereas the windlanes of Skull Island, Cool Ranch and Mooshu form very large currents that move from one skyway or ocean into the next. Also, just as with our oceanic gyres, windlanes are directional, when sailing you should be able to notice that when two windlanes are present, they always flow in opposite directions. However, on Earth, gyres only switch directions if you pass from the Northern Hemisphere to the Southern Hemisphere. But each individual gyre will always flow in the same direction, just like each individual windlane.

The large machine present in Valencia is clearly an Armada built object. I'm quite sure that the machine was built around those windlanes. The windlanes themselves were not created from within the machine. Really, if you think about it, it would be much easier to just build a large machine/base around a couple windlanes, rather than to figure out how to create windlanes inside of a large base you decide to build.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Ohhh, good questions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I believe the windlanes are completely natural. I think they are the Spiral equivelants of our Earthly oceanic gyres or maybe even the equivelant of the jet streams.

Each ocean on earth has one or more very large circular currents known as gyres. These gyres always rotate in the same direction are caused by the Earth's rotation. I know that many of the windlanes in the Spiral don't form a complete circle, but many of them do. the windlanes in Monquista and Marleybone form small circular currents, whereas the windlanes of Skull Island, Cool Ranch and Mooshu form very large currents that move from one skyway or ocean into the next. Also, just as with our oceanic gyres, windlanes are directional, when sailing you should be able to notice that when two windlanes are present, they always flow in opposite directions. However, on Earth, gyres only switch directions if you pass from the Northern Hemisphere to the Southern Hemisphere. But each individual gyre will always flow in the same direction, just like each individual windlane.

The large machine present in Valencia is clearly an Armada built object. I'm quite sure that the machine was built around those windlanes. The windlanes themselves were not created from within the machine. Really, if you think about it, it would be much easier to just build a large machine/base around a couple windlanes, rather than to figure out how to create windlanes inside of a large base you decide to build.
Way cool Mi Lady De Winter. I just love it when I get a chance to sit at your knee and you offer up such wonderful offerings of your knowledge. I love learning something new and you never let me down. Really great stuff and I consume new knowledge like a tasty dessert. Thank you for sharing the great wealth of your amazing brain.
*Bows to with great respect and a impish flourish of my plumed hat to honor your delightful nonconformity. *