Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please not to much!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
The advanced pet thing was awesome but now the advanced companion sort of confuses me: Here is some questions. 1# You cannot train companions past your lvl right? 2# The wounded thing what about in pvp you can no longer use mojo potions and revive quick and fight more? 3# If a companion dies in combat but you still win it doesn't count them as wounded right? 4# So instead of benching companions you put them on jobs? To gain you some gold and to lvl them right? So will we need companion training points anymore? We just have them do jobs and they lvl up a little? This really confuses me and it doesn't seem to fun. I like the simpler system for the companions. Please please please! Keep the quests and everything else the same please! At least we should get a companion tutorial but still this new advanced companion thing is kinda crazy!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Pickletastik on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
The advanced pet thing was awesome but now the advanced companion sort of confuses me: Here is some questions. 1# You cannot train companions past your lvl right? 2# The wounded thing what about in pvp you can no longer use mojo potions and revive quick and fight more? 3# If a companion dies in combat but you still win it doesn't count them as wounded right? 4# So instead of benching companions you put them on jobs? To gain you some gold and to lvl them right? So will we need companion training points anymore? We just have them do jobs and they lvl up a little? This really confuses me and it doesn't seem to fun. I like the simpler system for the companions. Please please please! Keep the quests and everything else the same please! At least we should get a companion tutorial but still this new advanced companion thing is kinda crazy!
ill try to answer these as best as I can
#1: yes you cannot train companions higher than your lvl (although if you quest, you can earn companions higher than your level)

#2: if you are defeated in PvP you will automaticly go to the last life fountain you were at before you came to the PvP arena.

#3: false, it DOES count them as wounded, sorry, I don't make the rules, im just helping explain them

#4: im not sure what you mean by putting them on jobs...all battles give you gold(and minor xp, note the minor part)....yes you will still need companion training points to lvl up your companions

your best option for lvling up your companions is to wait till they are far enough under lvl so you can raise them up 2 lvls, most of the time this lvl difference is 5.

Im sorry it has to be this way, but ill try to help you out wherever I can...if you need more answered, please feel free to ask them...I always enjoy helping out other pirates :)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I agree actually. Jobs pet caring and hospitality. I think it is too much. I like using the mojo potions especially if your first mate dies in a dungeon. The next update sounds like it will turn pirate101 to a Sims or a build-a-city game because of the jobs. But, I will just wait and see.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am quite sure that they will explain everything for us really well and things will happen one step at a time so we can absorb it. This game is designed for players 10 an up so the directions will be designed so that your average 10 year old can understand it. We will be gently led by the hand as we learn these new things. No worries there.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
well i apologize for my comment before, i just read this new companion system, so just ignore my comments...lol

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Nono, Don't worry! It'll become second-nature to you, similar to how you were when you first started the game. (Well, I was utterly confused.) We all learned how to play the game, we'll learn how to use our companions again. I'm confused too, so don't feel bad. Okay?

Developer
Don't worry! I predict you're going to love the companion tasks.

It may take some getting used to, especially if you're already at the end of the game and you have pages and pages of companions. If it seems overwhelming, try playing with a new character for a while and you'll see how it feels for a new player.

Of course you don't have to set your companions on tasks-- and at low levels you probably won't want to. Maybe you'll never want to.

But what we expect to happen, is that as soon as you have more companions than you need, all the guys that you would have just put a sleep token on before, instead you'll be able to set them to a task, and they'll be earning perks for you in the background while you continue to play.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It may not be as bad as we think it is, it might be the other way around. I for one like this idea, it means that the game is more challenging, and that there are other ways to obtain gold, companion xp, training points, items and the new pet items. They also did state that at the start it will only take a few seconds to fully heal an injured companion, so it will probably only take a few minutes to heal a max level companion.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Yeah your right ratbeard I've finished and played on my privateer for awhile now and I already got lots of companions as them... not to mention my other 15 from crown shop or so. Yup I did make a witchdoctor which I am finding is a super fun class so much that I got him to level 40 in so many days! But know that I am understanding it more it seems pretty cool. I might really enjoy it!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry! I predict you're going to love the companion tasks.

It may take some getting used to, especially if you're already at the end of the game and you have pages and pages of companions. If it seems overwhelming, try playing with a new character for a while and you'll see how it feels for a new player.

Of course you don't have to set your companions on tasks-- and at low levels you probably won't want to. Maybe you'll never want to.

But what we expect to happen, is that as soon as you have more companions than you need, all the guys that you would have just put a sleep token on before, instead you'll be able to set them to a task, and they'll be earning perks for you in the background while you continue to play.
Quick question, Ratbeard, if you've time to answer.

Will the Companions still perform tasks we've given them after we've logged out of the game, sort of like rental mounts?