Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ninja pig companion question

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
everyone heard of this guy.
i just saw him yesterday in pvp. (he was awesome)
i was thinking, now let me look up where yo----
oh yea, exclusive.....
i joined near the start.. oct. 29
as it was only released the 15th....
how come i didn't get that newsletter???
exactly like that closed game toontown, you were supposed to get newsletters (cards) but i never got any
was it a membership only thing? because, i didn't need a membership yet...
is there a chance we might have another shot at it... because i was never aware of it, * and probably some other people too* or can we at least have a contest... this has been bothering me throughout my adventures as a buccaneer. a ninja pig is my favorite creature and it does the coolest attacks. well, KL wouldn't just listen to me but, i guess we can all pair up, to make something happen (i guess)
-thanks Jamal heath lvl 43

Administrator
These maps were mailed out to many existing Wizard101 players when Pirate101 was about to launch as a part of a one-time promotion. Of course, we had to have your physical mailing address on file at the time of mailing, so unfortunately we were not able to mail maps to many of our existing Wizard players. This promotion was US based only.

We have also given a very small number of these codes out for very special occasions since this time but have no current plans for another Ninja Pig code giveaway.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
These maps were mailed out to many existing Wizard101 players when Pirate101 was about to launch as a part of a one-time promotion. Of course, we had to have your physical mailing address on file at the time of mailing, so unfortunately we were not able to mail maps to many of our existing Wizard players. This promotion was US based only.

We have also given a very small number of these codes out for very special occasions since this time but have no current plans for another Ninja Pig code giveaway.
is there a balance reason for not giving everyone a way to get the companion (through crowns/giftcards/quest/etc)

or is it just the whole it was/is exclusive to those who subbed to w101 before launch?

it doesn't seem all that important to maintain it being "special" given that it wasn't bought or otherwise worked for
it was simply given to those who played a game they enjoyed as a way to advertise your new game

the contents of boochbeard are one thing (since it required a purchase of said bundle)

had it been given to those who had stayed subbed for say..the first 4 months of the games life THEN i could see it
but the giveaway/mailing thing had nothing to do with this game which eliminates any need for it to be something unattainable by others

"exlusiveity" should only come in 1 of 2 ways with games like this....
through a great deal of effort and time

through the purchase of bundles

NOT through you playing a game that has no real relation to p101 (by that i mean..the vast differences between the two mean that even if you dislike w101 you very well may like p101 and vice versa)

besides it's not required to give that specific pig..
just add another variation to it that can be attained in a normal fashion and both sides of the coin are appeased..and it has the added bonus of those with the pig can get a similar one for any alts they may start later

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
yetarel on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
is there a balance reason for not giving everyone a way to get the companion (through crowns/giftcards/quest/etc)

or is it just the whole it was/is exclusive to those who subbed to w101 before launch?

it doesn't seem all that important to maintain it being "special" given that it wasn't bought or otherwise worked for
it was simply given to those who played a game they enjoyed as a way to advertise your new game

the contents of boochbeard are one thing (since it required a purchase of said bundle)

had it been given to those who had stayed subbed for say..the first 4 months of the games life THEN i could see it
but the giveaway/mailing thing had nothing to do with this game which eliminates any need for it to be something unattainable by others

"exlusiveity" should only come in 1 of 2 ways with games like this....
through a great deal of effort and time

through the purchase of bundles

NOT through you playing a game that has no real relation to p101 (by that i mean..the vast differences between the two mean that even if you dislike w101 you very well may like p101 and vice versa)

besides it's not required to give that specific pig..
just add another variation to it that can be attained in a normal fashion and both sides of the coin are appeased..and it has the added bonus of those with the pig can get a similar one for any alts they may start later
You are forgetting one thing about the whole Ninja Pig event. Each map had a code that could be used 4 times but only once per account. So this means that every map holder has 3 codes that they cannot use so they are to be gifted to other players that did not receive the map. So 2/3's of the Ninja Pigs in this game came from people that did NOT get a map. They are there out of the generosity of the players that had them. So yes it was a limited event but I thought it was brilliant as 75 percent of the Ninja pigs in the game are gifts to those that were not Wizard players. The whole thing promoted sharing and giving of something awesome just to be nice. Well played KingsIsle, Very Well Played.