Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Damage Loss?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but whenever I fight a troggy or a cutthroat or some other "weak" enemy my damage and my companions damage goes down. For instance my El Toro normally hits in the 400-500 range but when he fights a troggy for example he only hits in the 100-150 range or less. Then what really made post this topic was when I fought a couple cutthroats. My damage is from 201-307 approximately and I used an assassin's strike on one of them and no joke the assassin's strike did about 30 damage. A LVL 65 Doing 30 damage!? To a cutthroat!? That's what made me post this. Is this a glitch or something? If anyone knows why or if this happened to them pls tell me.
(BTW in case you were wondering what I was doing fighting Troggies and cutthroats I was helping some low lvl's with their quests.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but whenever I fight a troggy or a cutthroat or some other "weak" enemy my damage and my companions damage goes down. For instance my El Toro normally hits in the 400-500 range but when he fights a troggy for example he only hits in the 100-150 range or less. Then what really made post this topic was when I fought a couple cutthroats. My damage is from 201-307 approximately and I used an assassin's strike on one of them and no joke the assassin's strike did about 30 damage. A LVL 65 Doing 30 damage!? To a cutthroat!? That's what made me post this. Is this a glitch or something? If anyone knows why or if this happened to them pls tell me.
(BTW in case you were wondering what I was doing fighting Troggies and cutthroats I was helping some low lvl's with their quests.)
That is as intended. They don't want high levels taking young ones through the game and wiping the board clean in one turn. The younger player won't learn anything that way. They have limits on how much damage they accept based on the level that is supposed to be fighting them. Your generous spirit is appreciated and your desire to help them is admirable. Perhaps you can use a lower level pirate, if you have one and help them through that way. Either way you can share your wisdom with them as they grow and will hopefully grow some pirates that are as helpful as you are.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
That does happen to me. My mojo reaver does six hundred damage and more than a thousand as an epic. So, when I did that to Marcus, it was somewhere in that 100-150 range. I think that they just have mad armor. Except, my mojo reaver ignores armor and gets weakened by will and I don't think buccaneers don't have that much will. IDK what is going on.

Golden Chris Silver lvl 40

Administrator
Hi! More information about this damage cap can be found here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 13, 2011
RyeKishatu2013 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
That does happen to me. My mojo reaver does six hundred damage and more than a thousand as an epic. So, when I did that to Marcus, it was somewhere in that 100-150 range. I think that they just have mad armor. Except, my mojo reaver ignores armor and gets weakened by will and I don't think buccaneers don't have that much will. IDK what is going on.

Golden Chris Silver lvl 40
mad armor? we could call that lvl armor. the damage is cut down because of the unfair lvl difference. still doesnt make any difference. newbies could one hit those cutthroats any time

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
a swashbuckler with a critical hit can take down a cutthroat or troggy in one go even when the enemy is a higher level then them