Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where is the lighthouse found on Skull Islands

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
I am looking for the Funky Bunch that are supposedly near the lighthouse. However, where is the lighthouse found? I have been all over Skull Island and havn''t seen it. Maybe you can direct me from Avery way or the docks.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
sandy20850 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I am looking for the Funky Bunch that are supposedly near the lighthouse. However, where is the lighthouse found? I have been all over Skull Island and havn''t seen it. Maybe you can direct me from Avery way or the docks.
The ruined lighthouse is actually in the Flotsam Skyway, just past the gateway. If you leave the Skull Island Docks and follow the Blue Windlane around past Jonah's Town, it will take you directly to the Ruined Lighthouse.

Or, you could turn left, and follow the Blue Windlane past Crimson Shoals, (Blood Shoals? I always get the name wrong) and it will still take you straight to the Ruined Lighthouse.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I know it sounds a bit confusing. Skull island itself is a place that is in the Skull Island Skyway which has four worlds or places to go to: Skull island, Flotsam, Tradewinds & Port Regal Skyways. Sometimes the quest directions aren't really clear (at least to me when I was new) as to Skull Island itself or the general skyway or one of the sideworlds. Once you start traveling back and forth at bit (This game will have you an expert and going back and forth in no time, ) it will start to make sense. Here is a link to a map someone made to connect them all together so you can organize it better in your mind.
You will be able to see your Ruined Lighthouse near the bottom right above the word "Ideas"
Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions. We will do our best to answer you without giving away too many fun surprises. If even that is too confusing, we will be more than happy to show you what you need. Just meet one of us in the game and we will take on any questions.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
thank you for your response. Yes, it was very confusing. I thought Skull Island was one connected place. I wish they would have all quests show up in the quest helper. That would alleviate a lot of the confusion.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I know it sounds a bit confusing. Skull island itself is a place that is in the Skull Island Skyway which has four worlds or places to go to: Skull island, Flotsam, Tradewinds & Port Regal Skyways. Sometimes the quest directions aren't really clear (at least to me when I was new) as to Skull Island itself or the general skyway or one of the sideworlds. Once you start traveling back and forth at bit (This game will have you an expert and going back and forth in no time, ) it will start to make sense. Here is a link to a map someone made to connect them all together so you can organize it better in your mind.
You will be able to see your Ruined Lighthouse near the bottom right above the word "Ideas"
Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions. We will do our best to answer you without giving away too many fun surprises. If even that is too confusing, we will be more than happy to show you what you need. Just meet one of us in the game and we will take on any questions.
The way I look at it is that Skull Island is a world and this world is broken up into different sections (Skull Island Skyway, Flotsam Skyway, Tradewinds Skyway, and Port Regal Skyway - at least so far). Now each Skyway is made up of different places to go do things. For example, Skull Island Skyway has Skull Island, The Presidio, Blood Shoals, Jonah Town, Rapa Nui, and Corsair's Channel (I think that's all of them).

Most places can be see on the Map. To get the Map of a Skyway, you must be in your Ship out in that Skyway. I recommend being in a Windlane when looking at your Map or Quest Journal or anything else to prevent you from being attacked by Baddies or the local fauna (animals). Just press 'm' to see the map or make it go away (similar to being a switch - on or off). On the Map, your location is marked with a yellow triangle and the direction you are facing is at the longer tip of the Triangle. Pressing 'n' displays the Navigation Bubbles which show which direction you need to go to get to that particular location.

Finally, the Quest Arrow (I call it that because it looks like a yellow arrow at the bottom of the screen) will show you the direction you need to go and approximately how many 'steps' it will take to get there. It can be turned on or off by going to the Options Menu, selecting the first joystick menu, and changing the Quest Helper selection. If you have more than one Quest that you can work on (I know I usually have at least two or more at one time), open up the Quest Journal (press 'q') and highlight the Quest you want to work on by clicking your mouse on that quest. Your Quest Arrow will now point you in the direction of where you need to go to complete the next step (or goal) in that quest.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i remember i was amazed my that. when i boarded my so-called ship and went out in the skyways, i was like "how can i find my way here?". thats always my reaction anyway. i get surprised at first then get to know the place like its my home