Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Changing Classes

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
This is a suggestion that I really hope pirate101 can take into consideration. I think that any player (depending on their level) can change their class. Now your probably thinking just make a new character, well, why make a new character with no membership, none of the items you had ( but of course use shared bank) and not be the same level your original character was. Well… here is one option, You could make a new character that has the same level, different class, no membership, everything your old character had, except for like companions based on the class you were in like Sarah Steele would Be Mormo if your new character was a witchdoctor. Here is another option you could do to make things easier, for a couple of crowns, or real money, (in-game or on the website) be able to change your class, you could get an e-mail saying that you will not be able to get on pirate101 for a day or so for game changes for your character, or something like that. I really hope that pirate101 takes this into consideration I want to be a witchdoctor again!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
This is a suggestion that I really hope pirate101 can take into consideration. I think that any player (depending on their level) can change their class. Now your probably thinking just make a new character, well, why make a new character with no membership, none of the items you had ( but of course use shared bank) and not be the same level your original character was. Well… here is one option, You could make a new character that has the same level, different class, no membership, everything your old character had, except for like companions based on the class you were in like Sarah Steele would Be Mormo if your new character was a witchdoctor. Here is another option you could do to make things easier, for a couple of crowns, or real money, (in-game or on the website) be able to change your class, you could get an e-mail saying that you will not be able to get on pirate101 for a day or so for game changes for your character, or something like that. I really hope that pirate101 takes this into consideration I want to be a witchdoctor again!
I am afraid that this one may not be doable. There are too many things that you do that are class specific plus battles are totally different depending on the class you fight it with. I do think that it is far better to just start a new one. I never considered it as time wasted. I thoroughly enjoyed each time I went through the lower levels. I knew what was coming and I watched for things that I may have missed the first time. Plus I had a blast seeing the things that I didn't get to see because I am supposed to see it differently as I am not the same pirate. It is another read of a great book or another viewing of a classic film. You always pick up on something you didn't see the first time plus there are actually things that really ARE different because you are seeing it from a different class perspective. That's too much goodness to give up just because you see it as wasted time.

Captain
May 13, 2011
TheHoodooQueen on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
the only way to get a new class is to create a new pirate. i think you got your facts wrong too. you pay membership for your ACCOUNT, which means all characters on your account will have membership. training in classes is a big thing. imagine a brutal buccaneer trying to train until he becomes a nimble swashbuckler or a creepy witchdoctor

Ensign
Jan 19, 2012
I think that would be extremely hard when it comes to tech