Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not able to see friends armor?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 27, 2011
I am fairly new to pirate101 and i am loving it so far. There is one bug that is sort of "bugging" me right now, i cannot whatsoever view my friends armor. As i go into my friends list and i click on there account name and view their stats, everything is in order besides the damage or "weapon" field where it shows the damage of the character and it says just random low numbers, like for example, "15 to 15 an the damage range" no matter what level they are or what weapon they are using. I see that they have different armor on when i just look at them but when i go to their profile, and into the armor stats page, all the armor is greyed out and it says nothing equipped. This shows up on all my friends except for the rare occasion that it does show up correctly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Brandon skyfist on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
I am fairly new to pirate101 and i am loving it so far. There is one bug that is sort of "bugging" me right now, i cannot whatsoever view my friends armor. As i go into my friends list and i click on there account name and view their stats, everything is in order besides the damage or "weapon" field where it shows the damage of the character and it says just random low numbers, like for example, "15 to 15 an the damage range" no matter what level they are or what weapon they are using. I see that they have different armor on when i just look at them but when i go to their profile, and into the armor stats page, all the armor is greyed out and it says nothing equipped. This shows up on all my friends except for the rare occasion that it does show up correctly.
Hi Brandon and welcome to the message boards. I do remember reading here that your friends lists and their stats information are kept on your personal computer and it will update when ever you are in close proximity to that friend. I do not know why it cannot keep the list current without being in the same room with that friend. I suppose there are many very good programing facts for this limitation I just don't know enough about how the deep workings of this type of gameplay. Perhaps Ratbeard or one of the inner programers could enlighten us or give us tips on the best way to keep our friends stats a bit more current?

Administrator
Hi! As noted in another thread on the same topic, You have to visit a friend to update information about them. Sending a constant stream of data about the equipment that all of your friends are wearing all at once would cause a lot of lag for many of our players.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 27, 2011
Thank you much for responding people.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi! As noted in another thread on the same topic, You have to visit a friend to update information about them. Sending a constant stream of data about the equipment that all of your friends are wearing all at once would cause a lot of lag for many of our players.
That's a great reason and totally reasonable. Thanks again Jack.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Brandon skyfist on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Hello Brandon skyfist and welcome to the boards. I see that Chrissy and Jack have provided you with helpful info already, but I just wanted to stop in and welcome you. Glad to see a new member on the boards and hope that enjoy your time here with all of the wonderful and helpful pirates and players. Nice to have you aboard.