Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctors need poison

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I heard privateers have the poison power
Now I don't want privateers downgraded but I think poison should be a witchdoctors power instead of a privateer one
Privateers are healers not magical
Honest darius oswald lvl 27
Big Sky Shaman
Noble Rodriguez Lavrene

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
If privateers have poison, then it's from gear. All three levels of poison are swashie powers. And it really suits swashbuckler's style, more than it would any other class. Poison is not a magical move, it's more of an alchemical move, but it suits the swashbuckler's style of attacking from the shadows and not fighting fair.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Who told you that? Yes, privateers can get poison from gear but they don't train it as a power, only swashbucklers do. And witchdoctors having poison wouldn't suit them, they're a ranged class and poison requires you to be adjacent to enemies. And either way, it would be "op" because they have enough powers already. There is some gear that gives poison for witchdoctors, but i suggest you don't try it since it works well with swashbucklers since they can critical poison with shadowdance.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Now I don't want privateers downgraded but I think poison should be a witchdoctors power instead of a privateer one
Big Sky Shaman
Noble Rodriguez Lavrene
actually no swashbucklers have poison not privateers

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Privateers do not get poison powers, the swashbucklers do. It does make some sense for the Witchdoctors to get a poison power. I imagine, if they did get that power, it would be in the future. If a Witchdoctor could summon a 3 by 3 area of poison on anywhere in the playing field, that would be a bit OP.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Big Sky Shaman
Noble Rodriguez Lavrene
Well, number one poison is not a magical thing. It comes from plants or animals. Second witches do have a form of poison, it's called 'cursed'. The ability is already there, it is just called something different.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I have Poison gear for all my pirates, including my Dr. Of course I rarely use poison gear on my Dr. because I want other powers in both PvP and PvE. But when I equip a melee weapon on my Dr, Poison gear is part of that set.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Big Sky Shaman
Noble Rodriguez Lavrene
I do believe that swashbucklers have the poison ability, and you can check because you have a privateer yourself whether or not privateers have poison.

Witchdoctors are already powerful enough. Witchdoctors are ranged, have AoE skills, have drain, and have a super-powerful red-sword-thingy ability.

Poisons aren't necessarily inflicted by magic. For example, you could have food poisoning by eating rotten food but rotten food isn't made by magic.

Friendly Justin Everhart, 56
Helpful Luke Nelson, 15
Diana Young, 6

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Big Sky Shaman
Noble Rodriguez Lavrene
Hey there Darius, you have been misinformed about poison being a trained power for privateers. Assassin's Mist and the longer lasting Assassin's Gloom powers (these 2 poison powers are available to all classes) are swashbuckler class powers- meaning they learn these powers for free from their class trainer Morgan Lafitte.

However, as with many of the powers, they can be attached to gear that is available to all classes. So, good news- your witchdoctor pirate can have the ability to poison. Here is a list of some of the gear available for witchdoctors that have the poison power attached (courtesy of the wiki on the pirate101 central forums site)

ITEM/NAME/LVL/TYPE/POWER/DROPPED BY/WORLD

Zou Yan's Raiments/35+/Outfit/Assassin's Mist/No Wei/Mooshu

Lo Pan's Helm/45+/Hat/Assassin's Gloom/Lo Pan/Mooshu
(available to all classes)

Black Lotus Charm/45+/Totem/Assassin's Mist/Lo Pan/Mooshu

Mesmerist's Sandals/50+/Boots/Assassin's Mist/Bishop/Marleybone

Gorgonic Exomis/55+/Hat/Assassin's Mist/Cadmus & Asterion/Aquila

These are the some of the gear available to witchdoctors with the swashbuckler power to poison.

This is a link to the pirate101 wiki over on the central forums website- for future use, you can find info on all types of gear and in the forums themselves.

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/

HOPE THIS HELPED

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
The Privateer you're referring to probably got a No Auction piece of equipment that gives Assassin's Mist. Witchdoctors can also get similar No Auction gear that gives this power as well (2 examples below).

Mesmerist's Sandals - Witchdoctor: +11 Will, +10 Dodge, Gives Ability: Assassin's Mist dropped from Bishop, Underdog, MacCavity, Mr. Lovejoy
Black Lotus Charm: +3 Will, +7 Resistance, Gives Ability: Assassin's Mist dropped from Fire Guardian

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Perhaps witch doctors could get the current poison which looks more like a spell then swashbucklers (not privateers ) could get their own version which looks more like a melee like blowing poison darts?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
well i was told it was for privateers but really swashbucklers could you imagine a guy with 2 swordws being able to rise poisonus plants from the grund or a witchdoctor and thx for telling me where to get the assasins mist gear im close to the first one you mentioned and my privateer is lvl 3