Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

class order

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I have been thinking, and I believe I have found a class chain. It goes as follows.

Witchdoctor beats Swashbuckler. The Witchdoctor can use many high or infinite range attacks, and summon minions while the Swashbuckler is trying to get in close, and once the Swashbuckler gets in close enough to attack, the Witchdoctor can use the powerful mojo reaver and blade which is normally enough to kill the Swashbuckler before they can inflict fatal damage.

Privateer beats Witchdoctor. The Privateer can use his many defensive powers and can use many Will boosting effects, reducing the damage the Witchdoctor can do, and with valor's armor and fortress, they can normally withstand the Witchdoctor's attacks long enough to get close enough for the kill.

Musketeer beats Privateer. The Musketeer can lay many hard hitting traps and waylay the slow privateer as he comes in for the kill, and by the time he reaches the musketeer, their health is low enough for the musketeer to kill them before they are killed.

Buccaneer beats Musketeer. The Buccaneer can get in for the kill before than the musketeer can lay many of his traps down using the mighty charge type powers, and once he's close enough to beat up the musketeer, it's pretty much done from there on out.

Swashbuckler beats buccaneer. The Swashbuckler can get in close quickly and deal devastating damage to the Buccaneer, and then turn invisible where the buccaneer can't hurt them, but is still taking damage through bleeding, and once they're invisible, they can just poison the Buccaneer, and then they just repeat the pattern, hit, disappear, poison, hit, disappear, poison, till the Buccaneer is finished.

Now, this is just a rough sketch, and the outcome can very much be changed by how you train, what gear you have on, and most importantly your strategy, but I thought this might provide some useful tips.

Hope this helps and you can use is.

If you have some incite please feel free to share!

sly Wesley gaff.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Totally agree: Here's a few twerks (my opinion)
Witchdoctor Can beat: Swashbuckler, buccaneer, musketeer.
Cannot beat: Privateers
Swashbucklers can beat: Musketeer, bucaneer.
Cannot beat: Witchdoctors, privateers.
Musketeers can beat: Bucaneer (sometimes) , privateers.
Cannot beat: Swashbucklers, buccaneers(sometimes) witchdoctors.
Privateers can beat: Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, witchdoctors, musketeers.
It all depends on stratergy to beat privateers.

My explanations:
Witchdoctors>Swashbucklers because, like you said, they are ranged and have heavy damage. They can hit you with a mojo storm at a max of 8 squares away (6-range staff, spirit sight+1, 3x3 square aoe+1.) And even if you do get close and do some damage, they can do alot back to you with their mojo reaver. Sometimes Witch<Swash if the swash shields and sends his companions in before himself. Hide, let your companions take the damage, shield and buff then strike with a 'stealthed' assassin's strike. It could one hit kill, or bring them to red.
Privateers>Witch because they train their will so it defends against mojo reaver and all attacks. Also witch has low health and discipline+ Bonnie anne's burst fire 2 and zeena burst 3 plus a toro's relentless 2 that criticals would surely kill.
Buccaneer... can't beat anyone; nobody plays it right. Here's what you do. Buff (Sharks) Shield (Tritons) Shield (Krakens) Buff(Whale's) Shield (Levy) then vicious charge into a reckless frenzy. I guarantee you that would finish any musketeer/witchdoctors.
Musketeer<Bucc... i think this is obvious (unless they use my plan XD)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
just remember the privateer beating witchdoctor thing is never easy they can attack before the buff mojo reaver is pwnage and having a staff with the right gear and spirt sight you can attack them normaly along with companions its the privateer i take out without there ranged spels except for bombs it is easy apart from buffs i honestly think witchdoctor beats all
anyway the class order goes like this by best class bassicaly as so
witchdoctor beats all. Privateer beats all except witchdoctor.Musketter beats swash and buccaneer. Swash only beats buccanner and buccaneer beats none people think they can beat witchdcotros but arnt magical tanks

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
I think that any class can beat any class, it depends on strategy. Although, my Swashbuckler has only beaten 5 Privateers, and one of them couldn't find their Battle Zeal in time.

Jacob

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Totally agree: Here's a few twerks (my opinion)
Witchdoctor Can beat: Swashbuckler, buccaneer, musketeer.
Cannot beat: Privateers
Swashbucklers can beat: Musketeer, bucaneer.
Cannot beat: Witchdoctors, privateers.
Musketeers can beat: Bucaneer (sometimes) , privateers.
Cannot beat: Swashbucklers, buccaneers(sometimes) witchdoctors.
Privateers can beat: Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, witchdoctors, musketeers.
It all depends on stratergy to beat privateers.

My explanations:
Witchdoctors>Swashbucklers because, like you said, they are ranged and have heavy damage. They can hit you with a mojo storm at a max of 8 squares away (6-range staff, spirit sight+1, 3x3 square aoe+1.) And even if you do get close and do some damage, they can do alot back to you with their mojo reaver. Sometimes Witch<Swash if the swash shields and sends his companions in before himself. Hide, let your companions take the damage, shield and buff then strike with a 'stealthed' assassin's strike. It could one hit kill, or bring them to red.
Privateers>Witch because they train their will so it defends against mojo reaver and all attacks. Also witch has low health and discipline+ Bonnie anne's burst fire 2 and zeena burst 3 plus a toro's relentless 2 that criticals would surely kill.
Buccaneer... can't beat anyone; nobody plays it right. Here's what you do. Buff (Sharks) Shield (Tritons) Shield (Krakens) Buff(Whale's) Shield (Levy) then vicious charge into a reckless frenzy. I guarantee you that would finish any musketeer/witchdoctors.
Musketeer<Bucc... i think this is obvious (unless they use my plan XD)
Privateer's are simply untouchable. Imagine a 4v4 situation. If one team had all Privateers, that team would be unstoppable.

1. If I understand Critical Hits correctly, every hit from their companions would be critical.
2. The Privateers and their companions would dodge almost all of the enemies attacks. (On.y the enemies regular attacks, because powers are 100% hitrate)
3. Even if an enemy attacks, the Privateers would have so much healing power, it Would. Not. Matter. At. All.

Go Privateers!! Lvl 65

Captain
May 13, 2011
ninja pirate on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
I have been thinking, and I believe I have found a class chain. It goes as follows.

Witchdoctor beats Swashbuckler. The Witchdoctor can use many high or infinite range attacks, and summon minions while the Swashbuckler is trying to get in close, and once the Swashbuckler gets in close enough to attack, the Witchdoctor can use the powerful mojo reaver and blade which is normally enough to kill the Swashbuckler before they can inflict fatal damage.

Privateer beats Witchdoctor. The Privateer can use his many defensive powers and can use many Will boosting effects, reducing the damage the Witchdoctor can do, and with valor's armor and fortress, they can normally withstand the Witchdoctor's attacks long enough to get close enough for the kill.

Musketeer beats Privateer. The Musketeer can lay many hard hitting traps and waylay the slow privateer as he comes in for the kill, and by the time he reaches the musketeer, their health is low enough for the musketeer to kill them before they are killed.

Buccaneer beats Musketeer. The Buccaneer can get in for the kill before than the musketeer can lay many of his traps down using the mighty charge type powers, and once he's close enough to beat up the musketeer, it's pretty much done from there on out.

Swashbuckler beats buccaneer. The Swashbuckler can get in close quickly and deal devastating damage to the Buccaneer, and then turn invisible where the buccaneer can't hurt them, but is still taking damage through bleeding, and once they're invisible, they can just poison the Buccaneer, and then they just repeat the pattern, hit, disappear, poison, hit, disappear, poison, till the Buccaneer is finished.

Now, this is just a rough sketch, and the outcome can very much be changed by how you train, what gear you have on, and most importantly your strategy, but I thought this might provide some useful tips.

Hope this helps and you can use is.

If you have some incite please feel free to share!

sly Wesley gaff.
i learned the hard way defense buffs dont work on bleeds

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
i learned the hard way defense buffs dont work on bleeds
LOL that's when you deal as much damage as you can to buy some time