Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Another Mac Crash Report

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Alright. So I have downloaded both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101. Sometimes they glitch out, everything looks strange, then they just glitch out and white-screen crash on me. I've heard some other people have this problem, and I have to borrow my sister's computer just to play Pirate101.

Leo, Lvl 48

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Buccaneer Supreme on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
Alright. So I have downloaded both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101. Sometimes they glitch out, everything looks strange, then they just glitch out and white-screen crash on me. I've heard some other people have this problem, and I have to borrow my sister's computer just to play Pirate101.

Leo, Lvl 48
Note: Mostly happens in Mooshu, especially in skyways. Everything looks like static and strange symbols before crashing.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Buccaneer Supreme on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:

Leo, Lvl 48
Hey Leo,
Were you by any chance in Mooshu when the game crashes? And if so which skyway or skyways? How old is your computer? Do both Wizards and Pirates crash? Do you play on a Mac computer? Sorry if I am being too nosy. I have crashes as well and I want to see if my computer's "symptoms" are the same as yours. Thanks!
Stormy Sam

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Grizzley117 on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Hey Leo,
Were you by any chance in Mooshu when the game crashes? And if so which skyway or skyways? How old is your computer? Do both Wizards and Pirates crash? Do you play on a Mac computer? Sorry if I am being too nosy. I have crashes as well and I want to see if my computer's "symptoms" are the same as yours. Thanks!
Stormy Sam
To answer your questions, the crashes mostly happen in Mooshu (both games, all skyways) I play on a Mac OS X version 10.6.8, and Pirate 101 usually crashes within an hour, Wizard lets me play for a couple hours or so. Also, Pirate is on geometry detail medium + graphics low and non-fullscreen, Wizard all high and fullscreen. Hope this helps!

-Leo, level 50

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Buccaneer Supreme on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
To answer your questions, the crashes mostly happen in Mooshu (both games, all skyways) I play on a Mac OS X version 10.6.8, and Pirate 101 usually crashes within an hour, Wizard lets me play for a couple hours or so. Also, Pirate is on geometry detail medium + graphics low and non-fullscreen, Wizard all high and fullscreen. Hope this helps!

-Leo, level 50
Wow, these all happens to me. I play on the same type of Mac. I have no idea for Wizards though (I prefer Pirate). Based on what I have seen it appears that the reason it crashes it due to the outdated processor and graphics card. It just can't hold up the game. I don't think it is fixable though. Unless you update the graphics card. I don't know if you can update a processor too. Thanks for the info.
Stormy Sam