Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay - A Night in Prison

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
At Avery's, Calamity strode past a few pirates gathered around Avery and said, "Pay up. I won."
Avery glanced at her in surprise. "Oh really? Do you honestly expect me to believe you? You think I would take your word for that?"
"I do."
"You really put the Admiral in a frock in public? Well, perhaps you did, but fortunately for me you have no proof. Good day." Calamity pulled out a parchment covered in ribbons and official Marleybonian Court seals and plunked it on his desk.
"Proof."
That made Avery pause. After a shifty look, he said with a bright smile, "Of course, you are a pirate. Forgery would not be above you."
With Calamity's nod to a couple of the crew, they removed their concealing hoods to reveal the bewigged heads of Solicitor Swidget and his young legal clerk , Humphrey. "Mr. Avery, that document was correctly drawn up by me and witnesses to the aforementioned event, as seen by myself and my clerk," said Swidget. Humphrey piped up, "Yes sir. It's all legal, as I saw it too. It was a splendid fun contract law study. Mr. Swidget bought me a hot cross bun afterward, when he stopped laughing." With a frown, Swidget said," That will be sufficient, Mr. Humphrey." Straightening his specticals he said, "I trust that will also be sufficient for you Mr. Avery?"
With a grin, Avery said, "You're learning, my girl." With an unhappy smirk, he pulled a pouch out of his pocket and tossed it to Calamity. It clinked, but she still looked inside and counted it.
"Since you happen to be here now, it seems I am in the uncomfortable position of owing the Frogfather a favor. Since you owe me a favor, I propose you will pay the favor for me."
Putting a hand on her hip and looking down her nose at Avery, Calamity said, "Oh, Really? What favor?"
"I did give you a ship."
With a laugh she replied, "Already paid for, in advance. No dice."
"It was worth a try. I'll pay you."
Scratch whispered to his captain, "De green path, it be de Frogfather's work."
"Ok, Avery, let's dicker."

Ensign
May 31, 2012
OOC: Mind if I hop in?

The stench in Gullet was worse than usual. Pirates of all shapes and sizes walked across the wooden planks, going about their business. Among then walked a slim figure in the dress common amongst the ninjas of Mooshu. She wore sword-breakers at her waist, two katanas strapped across her back, and several shurikan tucked in the green sash she wore. In her arms, she cradled a modified Armada sniper, designed to shoot three types of ammo: the normal electric sparks, darts coated in an almost-lethal sleeping poison, and a small grappling hook connected to a sturdy chain. Her face was hidden completely behind a black, featureless mask, but everyone knew who she was. Her name was Joan d'Arc, a ruthless bounty hunter and vigilante. And she had business with the Frogfather this night.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
After arranging for a suitable reward from Avery, half in advance and half after they finished the job for the Frogfather, Calamity and her crew headed for the Skull Island docks. "Scratch, do you know any way to help Mr. Maxwell with his condition while we work on a more permanent solution?"
"Der be no ting more I and I can do, my Captain. De Lady Vadima has spoken our path."
"Captain, maybe I can help." Their most craz.... um 'eccentric' crewmember, the little 'odd' Monquistan musketeer stepped forward. The crew had all been a bit worried about him since the time he tried to fill the hold with sand, saying it would give them more time, after Bonnie Anne showed him the ship's hourglass. "Captain, maybe hoodoo is powerless here, but I know a higher power." He looked up at his captain with shining eyes. "My mother, before I left Monquista City, gave me a medal, a relic said to be once owned by Saint Bonobo himself. I'm sure it's holy powers will help Mr. Maxwell."
"Very well. I doubt it would make him any worse, and maybe it will help. Give it to Mr. Maxwell."
The monquistan pulled the chain from his neck and tugged the medallion out of his doublet, revealing purple and pink zircons surrounding an exceedingly large yellow banana pendant with a big smiley face on it. The crew all burst out laughing, even Mr. Maxwell, before they could contain themselves and assume expressions suitable to the transfer of a holy relic. "Behold it's power! It has touched you all! Great is Saint Bonobo!" the monquistan said with joyful tears in his eyes. Ken bent down and let the necklace be placed on him. Oddly, his heart did seem a bit lighter as he straightened, zircons gleaming in the sun. They continued to the docks and boarded the ship.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity saw J.P. over by the rail with Bonnie Anne signing the crew articles. Turn about is fair play she thought with a quiet smile. She stealthily approached close to J. P., then loudly said, "Good to have you on the crew!" When J. P. spun around in surprise, she gave her new crew member a big hug. She was careful to have pinned J. P.'s arms in the bear hug. It wouldn't do to have any quick draw accidents for what was just a little joke.

(ooc: quick draw referring to drawing any weapon fast- knife, sword, gun etc., not the musketeer power)

J.P. was about to reply, when she laid eyes on Ken and burst out laughing. It was the most over sized and ridiculous looking pendant she had ever seen. "I see the power of Saint Bonobo's relic has deeply touched you," Calamity observed. The weird little musketeer walking by looked very smug and proud, saying, "Praise be the banana." The rest of the crew was wondering why he was wearing a boot on his head.

A favorable skyway current brought them to Jonah Town, and they descended to Gullet and the Frogfather's lair.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
ooc : Serpent996 and others are welcome to hop in and in Frogfather's lair seems a good place to do so. I'd just hopped into this to free the Admiral quick and see what happened. Then it snowballed and got silly. What fun.
The Frogfather's lair was a bit crowded. Calamity's crew squeezed in next to a well armed ninja with a green sash. The Frogfather's toady cleared his throat loudly and called for silence. The Frogfather spoke. "I'm sure you are wondering why you have been gathered here tonight. It happens, I the Frogfather, have brokered some very profitable deals in Valencia. During the course of our arrangement, one of my nephews found himself in some difficulty with the Armada. The Rebellion there came to the aid of my nephew saving his life. I now owe them a debt of family honor. This is not a small debt, and the Frogfather makes sure debts are paid. Some of you owe me favors, some of you are paying a favor for someone else. The Book of Favors says this must be done. The first part of your job is to meet with a green grocer in Valencia named Violetta. You will find her in Padova. There will be other tasks for you until the Rebellion considers my debt repaid.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The other frogs handed out maps, Armada patrol schedules, and top qualtiy forged documents, visas and passports to all the captains headed out on the mission. With all this, they could go anywhere in Valencia. After a brief captain's conference, it was decided they would sail seperately to Padova, staggering their arrivals to avoid notice, meet with their contact and proceed from there.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
OOC : I haven't had as much time to post lately and I'm hoping some other voices will advance the story a bit. I see us headed to Padova, in a tribute nod to the other story taking place there. We might see events taking place in some of that story, or even deliver things for the Resistance that could be handy to people going to the Ball there, or just use the fun setting of people and unicorns wandering around in masks. I don't expect to interact directly with that story. I'm thinking one of the jobs, which the Resistance sends us on elsewhere in the Spiral, will continue our effort to help Kenneth Maxwell. Perhaps there is an artifact with a Clockwork fleet in Mooshu we might need to get.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
After an uneventful cruise to Padova, Calamity and Bonnie Anne headed off the docks to the shopping district looking for Violetta, the rebel green grocer. Padova was bustling with shoppers hurrying, revelers in fancy dress and masks strolling, minstrels and jugglers putting on shows, mimes, and preoccupied workmen hanging banners and making deliveries. "There it is Captain, Violetta's Produce, " Bonnie Anne said, gesturing to a stall's sign over the heads of shoppers. They edged closer to the front. There were festive stacks of ornately arranged fruit, and vegetables. A small gold sign proclaimed "Greengrocer to the Doge". The plump friendly looking unicorn matron smiled at them and said, "How may I help you on this beautiful day?" Calamity couldn't help but smile back as she gave the code phrase, "I need some spinach, oregano, and pineapple. I'm making ravioli. " Though her eyes widened a little, she didn't miss a beat, replying, "I would love to try that recipe, but pineapple may be difficult. Perhaps you could substitute capers. I have some in the back from Marleybone. Follow me." She led the way into the storage building behind her open air stall.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Calamity Finch on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
After an uneventful cruise to Padova, Calamity and Bonnie Anne headed off the docks to the shopping district looking for Violetta, the rebel green grocer. Padova was bustling with shoppers hurrying, revelers in fancy dress and masks strolling, minstrels and jugglers putting on shows, mimes, and preoccupied workmen hanging banners and making deliveries. "There it is Captain, Violetta's Produce, " Bonnie Anne said, gesturing to a stall's sign over the heads of shoppers. They edged closer to the front. There were festive stacks of ornately arranged fruit, and vegetables. A small gold sign proclaimed "Greengrocer to the Doge". The plump friendly looking unicorn matron smiled at them and said, "How may I help you on this beautiful day?" Calamity couldn't help but smile back as she gave the code phrase, "I need some spinach, oregano, and pineapple. I'm making ravioli. " Though her eyes widened a little, she didn't miss a beat, replying, "I would love to try that recipe, but pineapple may be difficult. Perhaps you could substitute capers. I have some in the back from Marleybone. Follow me." She led the way into the storage building behind her open air stall.
{Isn't this for A Masked Ball in Padova?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
ooc : Serpent996 and others are welcome to hop in and in Frogfather's lair seems a good place to do so. I'd just hopped into this to free the Admiral quick and see what happened. Then it snowballed and got silly. What fun.
The Frogfather's lair was a bit crowded. Calamity's crew squeezed in next to a well armed ninja with a green sash. The Frogfather's toady cleared his throat loudly and called for silence. The Frogfather spoke. "I'm sure you are wondering why you have been gathered here tonight. It happens, I the Frogfather, have brokered some very profitable deals in Valencia. During the course of our arrangement, one of my nephews found himself in some difficulty with the Armada. The Rebellion there came to the aid of my nephew saving his life. I now owe them a debt of family honor. This is not a small debt, and the Frogfather makes sure debts are paid. Some of you owe me favors, some of you are paying a favor for someone else. The Book of Favors says this must be done. The first part of your job is to meet with a green grocer in Valencia named Violetta. You will find her in Padova. There will be other tasks for you until the Rebellion considers my debt repaid.
ooc: The Frogfather sent us to Padova, but only for a brief time. The post from Nov 24th explains. Yes Padova is from the Masked Ball in Padova thread, but we are just passing through. I hope the pirate Admiral stops by Violetta's stall too.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Calamity Finch on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
ooc: The Frogfather sent us to Padova, but only for a brief time. The post from Nov 24th explains. Yes Padova is from the Masked Ball in Padova thread, but we are just passing through. I hope the pirate Admiral stops by Violetta's stall too.
{yeah, sorry I posted that post on the 14th, just wanted to pick at you.}

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Once they were in the back concealed by crates of produce and other provisions, Violetta Violetta wasted no time. "The Doge and the Armada both have eyes everywhere. We need new faces, unfamiliar faces unconnected to our cause and society, to move certain ... items ... unnoticed and make connections which will not be traced. We saved the Frogfather's nephew at no small risk to ourselves because he has these alternative connections and he is an honorable frog in his own way, believing that, 'A favor is a favor' I don't need to know your name and I would appreciate you forgetting mine once this business is concluded." She provided a pouch of gold and instructions to find a minstrel in the square with the fountain playing a particular song, which she whistled, and drop it in his collection hat. She pointed out some boxes marked "capers" and explained they needed to be smuggled into the Doge's Palace Cellars before the ball. "No one must inspect them, but the guards at the palace are checking everything. You must get them in unseen." "How do I do that?" "That, dear Captain, is your problem to solve." Lifting up a lid, Calamity saw rows of bombs packed in straw.
"I see. Bonnie Anne, get some of the crew up to load our 'capers' on the ship. I'm going shopping and maybe get some lunch, take in some of the performer's shows while I eat. Send Subodai to find me in the shopping area off Fountain Square."
Strolling casually through the shopping district, Calamity noticed the almost fearful revelry of the nobles trying to distract themselves, and the general level of tension in all the people, despite the festive banners. She stopped to make some odd purchases, a number of empty pineapple boxes from Rapa Nui and an extremely silly outfit from Monquista, which the vender swore was the latest style for the Monquistan Court. "Now where have I heard that before?", she muttered when the vender mentioned the cutting-edge style of the clothes.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity bought some bread and cheese on her way to Fountain Square, just as Subodai caught up to her. She sent him back to the ship with the boxes and clothes, saying she would be back at the ship soon. She headed into Fountain Square with her lunch, finding a marble railing to lean against near the fountain while she munched. Jugglers, a fire eating unicorn, and Monquistan acrobats were performing, but no musicians. She waited a while enjoying the nice weather, while hoping she could complete her mission today. Just when she thought she'd have to try again in the evening or the next day, a large group of musicians exited a palace like town house. From their parting calls to each other, she knew a rehersal for something had ended, and they were breaking for lunch. One of them wandered over to the fountain and began playing a flute. The third song he played was the one, the tune she'd been listening for. She brushed off some crumbs of bread, nodded to him as she passed by and casually tossed the pouch in in the hat by his feet, and sauntered back to her ship.

Once there, she sent Louie to spy on the Doge's Palace and the tradesman's entrance. She called her Monquistan explorer over for a conference to explain her plan. Calamity gave himthe new Monquistan court clothes, he and the crazy musketeer went below to change clothes. Calamity and Subodai shifted all the bombs out of the caper crates into the pineapple boxes. On top of the bombs went a few pineapples, just enough to hide the bombs from a casual look, when the box was opened. Calamity then went to speak to Rhomba. "Rhomba, we are delivering pineapples to a building here in town. Your island grows the best pineapples, doesn't it?"
"Oh yes captain, it does. Rhomba loves pineapples. Rhomba's Mommy grows pineapples." He continued to give her a 20 minute talk all about pineapples.
"Ok, Rhomba, these Padovans don't think the best pinapples are from Skull Island. They don't like pineapples."
Rhomba looked confused.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"Not like Pineapples?" Rhomba said in confusion, then his eyes cleared, "They just not understand. Rhomba will explain!"
Just then, the now fancy looking Monquistans emerged from below. "Rhomba, these are our customers who hired us to ship the pineapples here, Don Jose of, um...Urbs, Duke of Drano, and his Bodyguard. It is a special order and they want to be sure it arrives safely. Since I don't know pineapples like you do, I'll let you do the talking."
"Ok, boss," Rhomba said.
Calamity whispered to the explorer playing the bodyguard, "Try to keep them under control, ok?"
He whispered back to her dubiously, "Ok Captain, I'll do my best."
"And what about the musketeer's hat? Why is he still wearing that boot on his head?"
"He wouldn't wear the new one."
'Well, do something about it."
"Ok, Captain."
A bit later, the eccentric member of their crew, looked the the apex of Court Fashion, topped off by a brown boot festooned by lace and ribbons. He kept whispering to himself, "Yes, I AM the Duke of Drano, I have always known this."
Calamity and Rhomba hoisted the pineapple boxes and led the Monquistans off the ship.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It was a struggle to keep moving quickly. They streets were filled with throngs of revellers and people getting ready for the Ball, and other parties being held that night. Also, Rhomba kept wanting to stop and tell everyone they passed about the wonders of pineapples from his home island. One harried matron even demanded to buy one for her party. Calamity tossed her one, just so they could get moving again. They finally made good progress once Rhomba started singing "The Pineapple Song" the rest of the way. Calamity just knew she would be hearing it in her sleep, "Pineapples are good, pineapples are fine, da da da. Pineapples are great, so delish, da da da...." over and over. Rhomba's patter did serve them well, getting them quickly past checkpoints manned by guinea pigs and unicorns, whose eyes quickly glazed over and hands waved them on after a moment or two with Rhomba.
Near the Doge's palace, Louie quietly joined them. "It's like you thought Captain, ze clockworks are checking all the produce, but zhey seem to be particularly looking for 'capers'. One poor delivery boy actually had a crate of ze things. Zhey dumped them out all over ze ground, petite green things all over ze place."
Calamity turned to the 2 Monquistan crew members. "Ok, it's up to you to distract them and make sure we get in. We must get past ,and our pineapples must not be searched." The explorer nodded seriously. The crazed musketeer got a strange glazed look in his eyes and stood up straight, suddenly looking just a bit like a proper haughty noble, maybe a lot more than a bit.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity took a breath, wished them all luck, and kept her worries under wraps, knowing the plan hinged on Rhomba and the odd and, without doubt, crazy monquistan. At the front of the line, Rhomba began his lecture on pineapples for the clockwork guard, who merely listened passively for a bit, then said, "Open the box." Rhomba, opened the box, pulled out a pineapple and shut the box, handing the pineapple to the clockwork. He began to extoll the excellence of that pineaple in particular. The clockwork emitted sounds of increased gears turning, thinking hard, before saying, "You are ... informative... cooperative... but I don't ...eat ... pineapples." Rhomba went into a modified lecture on why all Valencians should eat pineapples from Rappa Nui and began to sing the "Pineapple Song".
During the start of that conversation, the Monquistan explorer nudged his countryman, and said "They want to search your gift, your Eminence." The small "nobleman" drew himself up to his full height and marched over to the nearest Secundus Officer in high dudgeon. In the highest form of formal court speech, he proceeded to spin a speech of diplomatic offense, beginning with how dare they search the present he'd brought for his betrothed, daughter of their own Doge, and spinning through marriage alliances, the geneology of the great Gortez, who is his uncle, ruler of all Monquista, and secret treaties. "If they are ... so ... secret ... why ... tell me?", the Secundus asked.
"You are nobody," he replied in most noble distaste. He proceeded to discourse on theology, the soullessness of clockworks, the heresy of giving offense to holders of sacred relics of the Bannana, and threatening all of Valencia with holy war and the descent of the Inquisition. His logic ran in circles, figure eights and little curliques with off shoots. The officer called his men in for backup and extra parallel processing power.
Calamity and Rhomba carried the unsearched box into the building.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The delivery people and passersby watched the discourse between the Monquistan noble and the clockwork officer in astonishment. They'd never seen anyone, not even their own nobles act so superior and at ease with a clockwork. He went on to cover more subjects after religion, cuisine of the spiral, weight loss diets for rabbits, sparkshooters of Cool Ranch, toy pets of Mooshu, his personal friendship with Deacon, and how Eagilles was almost bold enough to be a Monquistan, if only he weren't so tall. The explorer acting as the "Duke's" body guard saw Calamity and Rhomba exit the building safely and head off into the crowd.

The Duke wrapped up his speech, saying, "Any questions?" and sneezed delicately into his lace trimmed handkerchief.

"Why ... are you ... wearing ... a boot ... on your head?" asked the now totally confused officer, smoke beginning to drift from the heads of himself and his men.
The "Duke" carefully adjusted the lace folds drifting down from the sole of the boot. He began to discourse on the fine details of ever changing Monquistan fashion, honor and geopolitics of the spiral, concluding with an offer to duel for the honor of his hat. "Send your second to me Secundus. Or perhaps that should be your Primus."
His bodyguard quickly said, "He is not worth it your Eminence, he has no Monquistan honor, and you have an appointment to have your hair groomed for the ball."
"Ah yes, you may be right. And I do hate to miss a good grooming. My beautiful fiance awaits our meeting tonight. Farewell, another time perhaps we will meet on the field of honor."
As the noble Duke of Drano strutted off, the Secundus thought he might finally know what the flesh beings meant by the word, "relief".

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Back at the ship, Calamity saw the disheveled Monquistan explorer run up to the ship alone. "Where is that crazy musketeer? Oh no, did he really try to duel someone? Did he get arrested?"
"I don't know Captain. He started going on about his love of his life, the pure and noble Dona. He said, 'Love's dictates bear no bars' or maybe it was 'Love picks no bears in bars.' something like that anyway, and he ran off. I tried to follow, but I lost him when a patrol of clockworks went by."
"Where?"
"Near the Doge's palace."
"Great," she said with a sigh, "just great, Ok full shore party, let's go find that loon of a monkey!"

At the Doge's palace:
The chubby and cheerful princess, the Dona Danielle Franchetta Panchetta Rigatoini Pinoli Penne Orichetti, heir of the Doge, was at her balcony snipping a flower from a vine growing up the trellis beside the balcony. She heard a voice.
"Hello pretty lady."
She did not see at first the small monkey beside her in the leaves on the trellis. "Who are you?"
" I am your own true love. Who are you my love?"
After she told him her name and that he should not be caught there, he told her, "How fortunate, for I am your own true love, and your husband to be."
She looked closer at him. "You are not old. You are not fat." She looked at him and his clothes and asked suspiciously, "You aren't rich are you?"
"Despite my attire, my family has fallen on hard times, though I am a veritable peacock of the court here in Valencia. In truth I am a pirate."
With a small enigmatic smile, she said, "You ARE cute. And I always wanted to fall hopelessly in love at first sight with a pirate."
"Dear Heart, I must warn you first before you fall into the blazing fires of love, madness runs in my family, a curse."
"That is a nothing. All of the noble houses are mad. It remains that you are cute, not fat, not old, and not picked by my father. I accept. I will marry you."
They exchanged tokens and she explained how they could contact each other secretly.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity's crew fanned through the town searching for the Crazy Musketeer. They finally found him not by looking, but when he walked up to Subodai, announced he was going to marry the Doge's daughter and showed Subodai a portrait of a chubby unicorn girl in a locket. "Right, of course you are." said Subodai, and gathered the crew to head back to the ship.
On the way back to the ship, Nurse Quinn started gently talking to their disturbed crew member. "Where did you pick up this locket, sweetie? Try to remember."
With a curt look at her, he said, " I couldn't say."
"Now, Honey, if you are getting married, can you tell me where? When?"
He replied, "I don't know."
"Don't you think maybe you would know these things if you met a real girl and were really getting married?"
"She just said I had to show up when she told me to. Is not that how these things are usually done?"
Nurse Quinn started to say, "No. Of course not..." Then she stopped in surprise and bewilderment. "Well ... actually ... sometimes ...yes." She watched the musketeer march back to the ship, thinking the Captain would never believe me.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Calamity's crew fanned through the town searching for the Crazy Musketeer. They finally found him not by looking, but when he walked up to Subodai, announced he was going to marry the Doge's daughter and showed Subodai a portrait of a chubby unicorn girl in a locket. "Right, of course you are." said Subodai, and gathered the crew to head back to the ship.
On the way back to the ship, Nurse Quinn started gently talking to their disturbed crew member. "Where did you pick up this locket, sweetie? Try to remember."
With a curt look at her, he said, " I couldn't say."
"Now, Honey, if you are getting married, can you tell me where? When?"
He replied, "I don't know."
"Don't you think maybe you would know these things if you met a real girl and were really getting married?"
"She just said I had to show up when she told me to. Is not that how these things are usually done?"
Nurse Quinn started to say, "No. Of course not..." Then she stopped in surprise and bewilderment. "Well ... actually ... sometimes ...yes." She watched the musketeer march back to the ship, thinking the Captain would never believe me.
The musketeer stopped in his tracks to find a strange pirate on his boat already! The pirate was a female witchdoctor named Hannah. "Hello. Who are you?" she asked.
"I'm the Crazy Musketeer. Now get off my ship, I have places to be you know," he replied.
"OK," she replied back. "Kan! Hurry up, we have to get to class! And stop drinking my yum bottle!"
Kan Po, groggy, slowly got up. He moaned and said, "Aww, alright. But I'm tired though..."
When Hannah walked back, she and Kan bumped into Subodai. "Excuse me!" Hannah said.
"Oh, it's alright," he replied. "By the way, did you see that crazy guy? He sure is... cynical..."
"Yeah, right..." she said. "Anyway, me and Kan have class, so see you!"

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
After since that Crazy Musketeer put the amulet on Kenneth, he felt lighter, a new man in the works. He wanted to change and his new captain did all this just to help him. He felt indebted to the Captain, he sighed and leaned over the ship's railing, looking out into the city. He would protect his captain at all costs.
He got off the ship and began to walk around when he spied a patrol. He knew exactly what to do, he unstrapped his rapier from his belt and pulled out a spark gun pistol. He climbed to the top of the building and swung down to the next building across from him on a rope. He was like El Toro, sneaking into Santa Rana's defenses. He spied a Armada fortress and began to jump building and building to make his way there, he had something to do and he wouldn't be stopped now.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
When Calamity and most of the crew arrived back at the ship, there was news. First, there was a note from Violetta the greengrocer, to set up a rendezvous for the next mission for the Resistance. Second, Hannah (the new witchdoctor) and Kan Po seem to have taken off for a class of some kind. She had caught a ride with Calamity's ship after they'd met in the Frogfather's office. Presumably, she also had picked up her own mission for the Resistance, or was doing something for the Frogfather. Last, and most worrisome, Kenneth had taken off into the city. The last time he was seen, by an Aquilan crew member, he had been climbing to the roof of a building. It's true he is doing better with the banana amulet, but also seemed to be given to sudden impulses, similar to a certain crew mate from Monquista. Given the choice, better that he be as he is now and active, than in despair. "Alright, my best scouts, front and center. I'm not sure what Kenneth is doing, but we need to be ready to back him up if he needs it. Spread out into the city and keep your eyes open. I'll be in the city for our next mission."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity met Violetta in a port side tavern which catered to sailors of the port. Nice of her to make the meet in such a convenient location this time, Calamity thought. She saw Violetta sitting at a corner table, drinking yum, with a net bag of newly purchased batacuda at her feet. Casually she sat at the next table, with her back to Violetta, and ordered some soup from the guinea pig waiter.
Violetta said softly, "We need a house watched until 2 hours after the ball ends tonight. We are using you because your face is unknown to the Doge's secret police. Record all comings and goings, with descriptions of all visitors and servants, and anything else of note around the house." Violetta slipped a paper into Calamity's hand as she bent down to gather her bag of fish, full Valencian skirts concealing the exchange. She left, as Calamity's soup arrived. Calamity paid the waiter and blew on the piping hot soup to cool it. It smelled much better than Jonah Town Chowder. The only spice the pelicans of Jonah Town believed in was salt. This soup had some of the same ingredients, but also oregano and some other spices, paprika perhaps? As she sipped her soup, she took a look at the address on Violetta's paper, and recognized it as a street off fountain square, not far from a fortress. Finishing her soup with a happy sigh, she headed out to her next job, and wondered what Kenneth and Hannah were up to.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity found the house with no trouble. It was a substantial building on the edge of a wealthy neighborhood, but not far from a more modest area of smaller homes. Good. I won't stand out too badly if anyone notices me. To minimize the chance of that happening, she found a shaded location in a small garden of ornamental plantings across the street. The small willow tree gave her a comfortable perch, a good view, and screened her from notice. An added benefit, the townsfolk rarely ever seemed to look upwards. Even if she were seen, she looked as if she were relaxing in a pleasant spot enjoying an evening in the garden, perhaps waiting for a meeting with a sweetheart. She pulled a few feminine accents out to aid that appearance, silk flower for her hair, floral journal, and a lovely shawl from the market nicely concealing all the weapons.
She pretended to read, watching, and occasionally making an entry in the journal when anyone entered or left the house. At first it seemed quite busy with servants coming and going, was quiet for a while, then a rather large mixed party of humans and unicorns in fancy dress and masks boarded carriages and departed, presumably for the large ball at the Doge's palace, given the ornate and fine nature of the clothing they wore. She thought the lion mask was particularly fine. After that it, settled down and became very quiet. Interestingly, a couple of hours later, a guinea pig dressed as a servant crept out of the house. He seemed extremely nervous, looking around as if he did not want to be seen, almost going back in, when a gull cried down the street. He was carrying a portfolio which looked to be rather too fine to belong to himself, the way he was dressed. He was so nervous he almost dropped it, letting a number of closely written papers almost slip out. He hurriedly pushed them back in and scurried down the road in the direction of the fortress.
It was quiet after that.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Kenneth was perched on a low roof near one of the fortress's small side doors planning his next move. An extremely skittish guinea pig came scrambling down the street, twitching and jumping at every sound in the night. He was carrying a large leather portfolio which seemed to be stuffed full of papers. While the nervous animal was trying to look in all directions, he seemed to be headed directly towards the small door intended for couriers. Kenneth decided his move in an instant and swung down behind the guinea pig.