Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay - A Night in Prison

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
The doorway ,constructed of stone from a century past, loomed silently over the Pirate Admiral. The grim darkness of the cell confided in him a wrenching, grasping, screaming, shrieking fear that nearly consumed him mind, body, and soul. But the young, yet experienced, pirate witheld the howls of terror that were to the point of bursting out of him. The air hung in an ominous way, much like he would be within a few hours. His antics were known spiral-wide, such as his stealing the jade dragon of the jade palace, or the theft of a thousand pirates expertly handled by his own crew. Ahh, his crew, he wondered where they were every second after his capture. Perhaps first mate Shepard had taken control of the ship, or had they already been executed?

The passing warden hummed a song that the Pirate Admiral had known since he was but a young lad,
Woe to ye sailor who cometh by
The blade of the black of the sea,
Who cometh by dark to steal what
Be made by the craftsman and
Honest man.
The song brought shivers to any young scallywag but not to the Pirate Admiral. He grimly thought it fitting for those who steal should be stolen of their life.

Please add to this, also this is my first Roleplay so, hope you enjoy it, btw fell free to continue the story.

Au'revoir!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A grumbling and rattling of metal signaled the turnkey's approach. "Visitor, ye cur." He was followed by a young woman in a Marleybone dress several years out of fashion. "Hello, dear sir." He looked hopefully up at her pale hair and sadly smiling face. Nope, not a clue, he had no idea who she was. "I've brought you your last meal, darling," she said wiping a tear away. "Let me see that," the gaoler said. She handed him a covered tankard from her basket. He took it eagerly, but sneered when he saw it was filled with a thin stew. He poked around in it with his dirty knife, then let her hand it to the prisoner. "Enjoy your meal, your Lordship," he bowed insultingly to the prisoner. The stew was at least filling and warm, though he didn't have much appetite. As he ate it, he wondered who his visitor was. He finished and returned the tankard to her with his thanks for her kindness. With another sad smile she said, "I wish I could do better for you but the solicitor said there is nothing else to be done. I have made you a pie. I was told the recipe is one of Emma's, so it is sure to be delicious." As she lifted out the golden crusted pie, still faintly steaming, a wonderful aroma of apples and cinnamon wafted through the air. The gaoler's ears perked up and his nose began to twitch. "Sergeant, the pie won't fit through the bars. You will need to open the gate so I might hand it in." The pirate admiral's face lifted in hope and he prepared himself for action the moment the door would open. The warden curtly growled, "Give me that." He lowered his muzzle to the pie and, making pleased noises, began to eat. His hopes gone, the prisoner walked to his cot and sat dejectedly. He heard a quiet pop, and a green gas surrounded the warden's head, then he fell to the ground. The girl said, "Knew he wouldn't resist a pie like that," as she grabbed the keys, and dragged the guard into his cell. "Mr. Shepard hired me to get you out. Time for you to change into this stinky uniform."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
{Very dramatic! I like it! The song is a very nice touch too.}

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
{Very dramatic! I like it! The song is a very nice touch too.}
{Merci. }

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Now that Mr. Turnkey ( whom The Pirate Admiral had nicknamed Mr. Turkey) was sleeping on the job, the young woman passed the Pirate Admiral the disguise, which smelled faintly of pies. After putting it on, the Pirate Admiral realized that the disguise was actually polarian woman's wear. " Why do I have to wear this, it'll make me look stupid, and even more mysterious, why was he wearing these? "
The young woman said " Because I'm busting you out! Now be quiet and follow me." The Pirate Admiral was surprised. No one talked to him like that. No one. The two walked through the passages, suprisingly drawing little to no attention from the guards, except for one who tried to look up the Pirate Admiral's skirt, and that guard ended up with a three foot lump on his head that looked liked a handbag.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
"I can't believe you got us landed in prison again, Trinity!"

"It wasn't my fault! No one ever told me that summoning creatures from other dimensions and creating vortexes was illegal!"

"And I thought you both vere crime fighting services, Oui?"

"And now I'm stuck in here with both you two AND Soyala! Could this day get ANY worse?"

The unending complaining and chattering sounded from a nearby cell, which four girls were all in. Two of them, one with long black hair with red braids and dark burgundy eyes, and the other with short and edgy whitish-lavender hair with brown eyes seemed very unhappy with their prisonmates. The other two, a girl who looked a lot younger than she probably was with short and even cerulean hair and icy eyes, and another with wild teal eyes and white, orange, and blonde hair seemed less angry and more innocent, sort of.

"Serafina, I thought you had a policy against breaking zee law. Vasn't eet something about not being allowed to hit people over zee head with a flaming pomegranate?"

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As the girl and the pirate admiral walked briskly through the halls, they could hear bickering from a cell down a side passage. The girl said under her breath, "Oh no," turned to the admiral and commanded, "Continue without me, but slowly. I'll catch up, I need to check something out." She spun into the side passage and strode away.
Following the bickering sound to a cell, she hissed, "Is that Scarlet?" She thought she might have seen some of these prisoners at the Avery's Court fountain, and decided to add them to the plan. She unlocked the door and said "Follow me."
Returning to the admiral she said, "Change of plan. We bluff our way through the guard posts, distract the guards, and these girls bash them on the head from behind." "Bash? With what?" She hands one of the girls a heavy metal tankard, gives another a solid metal pie plate, and to a third shows a spoon (sliding the spoons' handle off just enough to show the blade concealed on the other end). "Use it only if you have to," and hands over the spoon.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hank snapped to attention. He heard a distant humming sound, of a song. One he had heard many times before. The song was strikingly familiar, yet Hank could not pinpoint the exact name of the song. A boy stirred on a rough bench behind him.

"Do you hear that?" The boy asked.

"Yes. Yes, I do. Does it sound familiar to you, Wolf?" Replied Hank.

"Indeed. But I can't put my finger on the exact tune. Don't you know? After all, you are the light embodiment. I don't usually decide to listen to songs." Wolf said.

"No. That's why I asked."

"Well, did you really expect me to know? The prisoner that hummed the tune ought to know. Let's bust out of here and find out for ourselves."

"I thought you'd never ask."

Hank casted a mojo storm, which easily blew the door off it's hinges. When Hank and Wolf made their way over to the cell of the hummer, he wasn't there.

"Curses!" Muttered Wolf, but he was loud enough to be heard from cell to cell.

"Quiet! There might be guards!" Whispered Hank, only audible enough for Wolf to hear.

Just then Hank heard voices. "I can't believe you got us landed in prison again, Trinity!" Hank smiled to himself. Trinity and Angel, the only two who Hank knew wasn't human, like Wolf and Hank. Right then, Hank thought. I'll pay them a visit, then escape this dirty place. It seemed Wolf was thinking the same thing, too.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
As the Pirate Admiral and the young woman travesed the narrow, dimly lit, stone halls and passed many guards who in the lighting appeared to be nothing more than shadows on the wall until they passed them and realized that they were not shades but dogs. The cold night air clung to the bones and ate away at any warmth it could get it's ghostly hands on. The Pirate Admiral soon learned that this "lady", if she should even be called by that had a tendency of reaching down into a hidden pocket on her long skirt handling something that faintly looked like a pistol whenever she was met by a guard who left their post to ask them a question.

As they turned the last corner an alarm blared signaling that someone had escaped; the Pirate Admiral quickly looked around in hopes of find a place where they could hide while the young woman took a gun out of her skirt-pocket. Guards rounded each corner and approached them cautiously, as to not give the young madame a reason to fire. A guard wearing a golden badge approached them more bravely than the others, obviously the commander of this dismal dungeon. The old dog began to speak, "Stay calm lass, just come with us and drop the weapon, Lest we resort to more violent means." At that moment he barked a command and all of the wardens and gaolers brought out a weapon of some kind, though only the guards had sparklocks. The young woman seeing she was obviously out gunned carefully lite the weapon slide out of her hand to fall to the ground. The dog came closer and said "Now I'm sorry to say this madame but you'll be locked up with him," then he gestured to the Pirate Admiral, "for the remainder of his stay, then I'll make a deal for your imancipation." The Pirate Admiral could not beleive this, neither it seemed could the young woman, than suddenly a gun went off and the jail went into bedlam.

{Hope you like this part. Salut.}

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Two unfamiliar male pirates, one a witch doctor, entered the melee from behind the guards. A pie pan flew through the air past Calamity's head to knock the guard holding her arm unconscious. She scooped up the pie pan and flung it into another guard's noggin, where it rebounded and was put to more good use by one of the girls. Another was laying about with the tankard knocking guards silly. The one with the "spoon" was slicing the guards suspenders (ooc: that's braces for any reading from the UK) making their pants fall down and trip them, adding to the general confusion. The admiral was swinging the purse as a cosh. Calamity ducked under a giant eyeball attacking the guard behind her, thinking What is this? Shift change? Why did there have to be so many guards now? She pulled out a perfume bottle and started spritzing knock out gas into the tripping guards faces. The last guard dropped, and she said curtly, "This way," muttering under her breath, " 'A simple extraction,' he said, 'Easy in, breeze out past the guards' he said. Is every prisoner going to stage a jailbreak tonight? Why me? I'll be having words with Shepard."

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Two unfamiliar male pirates, one a witch doctor, entered the melee from behind the guards. A pie pan flew through the air past Calamity's head to knock the guard holding her arm unconscious. She scooped up the pie pan and flung it into another guard's noggin, where it rebounded and was put to more good use by one of the girls. Another was laying about with the tankard knocking guards silly. The one with the "spoon" was slicing the guards suspenders (ooc: that's braces for any reading from the UK) making their pants fall down and trip them, adding to the general confusion. The admiral was swinging the purse as a cosh. Calamity ducked under a giant eyeball attacking the guard behind her, thinking What is this? Shift change? Why did there have to be so many guards now? She pulled out a perfume bottle and started spritzing knock out gas into the tripping guards faces. The last guard dropped, and she said curtly, "This way," muttering under her breath, " 'A simple extraction,' he said, 'Easy in, breeze out past the guards' he said. Is every prisoner going to stage a jailbreak tonight? Why me? I'll be having words with Shepard."
{Awesome addition! Salut!}

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I'll try to jump in with my current character.
I was sitting on the ground, drawing out multiple escape plans and scenarios if given the chance to execute when all of a sudden, I see many guards storm past me in pursuit of... an escaping prisoner? Since when were prisoners able to escape? 'Great, someone else is trying to escape. My plans aren't ready yet, and they'll surely tighten their defenses after this "encounter", especially around me. Although...' as I looked to a broken hinge I made an effort to pry free of the wall, ' there surely will be some fighting. Judging by the number of pairs of feet I hear, at least five pirates are escaping. Would the guards really notice another tagging along?' I finished my thought by putting plan A into action. First, I would disguise myself with some clothing one of my crewmates brought in unexpectedly so the guards wouldn't know my identity. Next, I would use one of my famed techniques to free the hinge of its binding to the wall. If I'm correct, when that supporting hinge is gone, I can just kick down the door and be on my way. I got into position and whispered "Kusari ketsugō-jutsu (Chain-binding jutsu)". With that, the entire door, instead of that one hinge was bound in chains coming from random places. "I REALLY must learn how to control this." I muttered. Using my strength (along with some help from the space the chains were coming from) I pulled the door free, ended the jutsu, and sprinted out of the jail cell to see many unconcious guards, along with a group of pirates. To disguise myself, I spoke in one of my best tounges. "Kon'nichiwa. Anata wa, watashi ga koko de kono raketto o tsukuru kiita kōmyōna kaizokudearu hitsuyō ga arimasu. Watashi wa anata no esukēpupātī ni sanka suru baai ki? (Hello. You must be the clever pirates I heard make this racket here. Mind if I join your escape party?)"

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity spun round at the loud clatter of iron bars, blue skirt swirling. As the prisoner stepped from his cell and spoke, he got some blank looks and a loud ,"Ha!" from Calamity. "Fine! Just what I needed. There's no point being quiet anymore with all this noise." To this latest prisoner, she bowed and said, "Hai, anata wa kangei sa rete iru (yes, you are welcome.) Since you have already joined us." Looking around, she said, "Boys, I suggest you grab some of these fine hunks of metal our new friend has provided us," pointing towards the fragmented cell bars. "Girls, lets open some cells!" She started pulling keys off the large ring and handing them out, muttering again, "'Just a quiet little breakout,' he said. Quiet, my foot! I say."
A penguin prisoner in a nearby cell cried out, "Zey are storming ze Bastille! Viva la Napoleguin!"
All the prisoners within earshot set up a clamor, hands, paws, and wings reaching through the bars.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
The now fairly large band of pirates made their way out of the cold dank prison, now coated with the smell of blood from the mayhem caused by a shot. This band walked in the shadows, and when possible shot a guard from his post with a silenced spark pistol that rarely ever made even the slightest sound. The darkness gradually began to make them hallucinate, such as the Pirate Admiral believing to have seen a shade of first mate Shepard, or the young woman leading them to have seen an Armada soldier with a gun pointed at them. Little did they know it but they were seeing visions of the past and future.

Shepard waited anxiously at the pirate haven that his own captain established about a year or two ago after joining with allied pirates and conquering the unimportant town, not even a town but more of an outpost named Wellington after it's founder. Once they had conquered this place they had renamed the town to "Thieve's Hideout" and built up fortifications, soon the haven became prosperous and the lucky captains who had founded it retired from their old life, except for the battle-thirsty Pirate Admiral, who being young still saw more to be done. Shepard recalled the theft of a thousand pirates and chuckled at the memory of the one pirate who had not time to even buckle his pants, which fell down in pursuing them. Then he saw it, the small, sleek, black skiff built custom by his captain sail down the canal which he had helped dig. Soon Shepard saw the ship was occupied by many pirates, most which he hoped to liberate himself one day, he made a mental note to give miss Finch an extra diamond or two.

He went down to greet them and to search for his captain, miss Finch exited the boat first and promptly slapped him on the face and saying "I'd like to have a word with you mister Shepard, after this is done of course." Shepard wondered why she did that as he caressed his cheek. He looked around quickly and found his captain exchanging stories with another there. He ran

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
his captain and greeted him with great pride. He told the Pirate Admiral of the income and the taxes that he had collected and stored for his arrival which he anticipated. Shepard was pleased that he had faithfully served and recued his captain who had given him hope since he went into the slums.

That night Shepard recalled strangely that though he was born to a rich family a thief, which he had imprisoned himself, had stolen everything. His years being nothing more than a dirty dog were miserable and hardly did he ever smile during that time, until his captain, who at that time had been a day away to being thirteen found him and made him exalted above all his crew. Shepard had been so thankful that he swore to always be loyal and protect him, though the Pirate Admiral had said "Do not think to do that, I am only doing for you what you would have done for me." Shepard had never met a pirate of such chivalry before. This pirate though did steal, but only to help his haven and his crew. The Pirate Admiral lived on deck of his ship even though he could live in a palace. Shepard had sworn to be faithful, and he would forever be.

The Pirate Admiral woke to a crisp morning, or rather evening since he fell into a deep slumber. The pirate Admiral as soon as he awakened thought of yet another adventure to embark on, this time with his new allies from the prison.

{Hope you like this, also my last two posts here are just my ending of the story, Salut!}

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As Calamity's ship sailed down the canal and into the skyway, she leaned on the rail watching the dawn, and thought about the night's events. Maybe she shouldn't have slapped Shepard like that, but she hated when people didn't give her all the facts. One would think he might have mentioned the admiral had been captured in port with 3 ships full of loyal pirate allies, all berserk to escape, or all the extra guards that had been put on duty due to the large number of prisoners. She could have planned for that, and kept them all much safer. Instead the escape had the subtlety of El Toro, trumpet included. Still, it wasn't like her to lose her temper like that, but it had been a very long night.

She was consoled and mollified by the little pouch of diamonds she'd been given over and above the agreed upon fee. Thinking back she started to chuckle. Pie pans, and spoons, and eyeballs oh my! It truly ranked as one of the more unique escapes she had been involved in . And the looks on those guards faces as they tripped on their own pants was something to cherish, as was the shameless flattery by the prisoner who exploded his cell door and then asked to join the escape.

Best of all, she won her bet with Captain Avery, that she couldn't get the admiral to wear a Polaran peasant girl's dress in public. She even, as agreed, had Mr. Swidget's signed and notarized statement testifying he had witnessed the admiral in the agreed upon dress on the streets, and at the docks, as he watched their escape. Bonnie Anne collected it for her and brought it to Thieve's Hideout with the ship. No weaseling out for Avery this time, she thought with a smile. "Set Sail for Skull Island."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
(OOC: I hate to sound rude, awkward, or mean, but I'm afraid the Japanese translations are incorrect. I'd know because anata/wa/watashi isn't used so many times in a sentence. And Calamity, your typing did not translate to 'you're welcome.'

Itashimashite: You're Welcome. The accurate translation should be 'Hai, itashimashite!'

As for Sly, hers was mostly correct. But it had some flaws, minor ones such as switched words and stuff. But just thought I'd help. )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ooc: I welcome the correction. Since I have my pirate as a Mooshu fosterling it made sense to have her understand and answer the prisoner, but I could only have managed "Hai" on my own. The rest was translation program, which I know is a risk of mistranslation, but I was trying to have my pirate be polite. Ty.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
The translations were wrong? Hmm... never trust Google Translate then. in truth, I know very little Japanese, just a few things I picked up from... something. Sorry if they're wrong in the future, but I'm no where near that fluency.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
The translations were wrong? Hmm... never trust Google Translate then. in truth, I know very little Japanese, just a few things I picked up from... something. Sorry if they're wrong in the future, but I'm no where near that fluency.
I'm teaching myself Japanese, and my mother lived in Japan at one point in her life, so I know things. And I'm assuming when you say something it's anime? -shrugs- Translate sites aren't always reliable, for the record.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Calamity Finch on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
As Calamity's ship sailed down the canal and into the skyway, she leaned on the rail watching the dawn, and thought about the night's events. Maybe she shouldn't have slapped Shepard like that, but she hated when people didn't give her all the facts. One would think he might have mentioned the admiral had been captured in port with 3 ships full of loyal pirate allies, all berserk to escape, or all the extra guards that had been put on duty due to the large number of prisoners. She could have planned for that, and kept them all much safer. Instead the escape had the subtlety of El Toro, trumpet included. Still, it wasn't like her to lose her temper like that, but it had been a very long night.

She was consoled and mollified by the little pouch of diamonds she'd been given over and above the agreed upon fee. Thinking back she started to chuckle. Pie pans, and spoons, and eyeballs oh my! It truly ranked as one of the more unique escapes she had been involved in . And the looks on those guards faces as they tripped on their own pants was something to cherish, as was the shameless flattery by the prisoner who exploded his cell door and then asked to join the escape.

Best of all, she won her bet with Captain Avery, that she couldn't get the admiral to wear a Polaran peasant girl's dress in public. She even, as agreed, had Mr. Swidget's signed and notarized statement testifying he had witnessed the admiral in the agreed upon dress on the streets, and at the docks, as he watched their escape. Bonnie Anne collected it for her and brought it to Thieve's Hideout with the ship. No weaseling out for Avery this time, she thought with a smile. "Set Sail for Skull Island."
OOC: This pirate character's personality is similar to my own, but I'm adding a hint of crazy for some extra humor. XD

~

"Whew!" A girl stood up from behind some crates, revealing herself for the first time and surprising everyone, some of them even drawing weapons. "'Ey, 'ey, 'ey! Easy there, fellas!" The girl's speech was littered with all sort of different pronunciations, like this girl was fluent in so many languages that she ultimately couldn't decide which one she belonged to. Just from looking at her, everyone could tell that this girl was odd. She had short white hair that was worn in a man's military crop, eyes so blue they almost hurt to look at her, and an audacious grin that, by the looks of her cheeks, seldom left her face. Her face and clothes were smeared with dirt, and she wore a Dragonspyre Captain's attire, a satchel hanging on her smallish frame.

It seemed she had some sort of full-body twitching problem, because she quite simply could not be still. Both of her boots were tapping to an endless rhythm of sorts, and her hands were moving around constantly, whether tapping on her hip bones to the same rhythm as her feet or shifting and adjusting her satchel. Her eyes had an almost wild look about them, like a mad scientist who had been exiled for their ideas, which she pretty much had been.

Her grin never faltered as she cartoonishly wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "Gee, thanks, guys! I dunno how I would have escaped that nasty ol' prison without you!" She sauntered her way over to the others, who were too stunned to do anything, and she exaggeratedly shook each of their hands, nearly jarring their arms right out of the sockets. "Pleasure to meet you all! Call me J.P., I'll be your new crewmate! We're gonna be the bestest of friends, we are!" For a moment she paused, her expression taking on one of complete and utter seriousness. "I'm warnin' you, though," she said, her voice a dangerous tone. Then her eyes lit up again and she squeezed the people nearest to her. "Imma a huggah!"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
OOC: This pirate character's personality is similar to my own, but I'm adding a hint of crazy for some extra humor. XD

~

"Whew!" A girl stood up from behind some crates, revealing herself for the first time and surprising everyone, some of them even drawing weapons. "'Ey, 'ey, 'ey! Easy there, fellas!" The girl's speech was littered with all sort of different pronunciations, like this girl was fluent in so many languages that she ultimately couldn't decide which one she belonged to. Just from looking at her, everyone could tell that this girl was odd. She had short white hair that was worn in a man's military crop, eyes so blue they almost hurt to look at her, and an audacious grin that, by the looks of her cheeks, seldom left her face. Her face and clothes were smeared with dirt, and she wore a Dragonspyre Captain's attire, a satchel hanging on her smallish frame.

It seemed she had some sort of full-body twitching problem, because she quite simply could not be still. Both of her boots were tapping to an endless rhythm of sorts, and her hands were moving around constantly, whether tapping on her hip bones to the same rhythm as her feet or shifting and adjusting her satchel. Her eyes had an almost wild look about them, like a mad scientist who had been exiled for their ideas, which she pretty much had been.

Her grin never faltered as she cartoonishly wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "Gee, thanks, guys! I dunno how I would have escaped that nasty ol' prison without you!" She sauntered her way over to the others, who were too stunned to do anything, and she exaggeratedly shook each of their hands, nearly jarring their arms right out of the sockets. "Pleasure to meet you all! Call me J.P., I'll be your new crewmate! We're gonna be the bestest of friends, we are!" For a moment she paused, her expression taking on one of complete and utter seriousness. "I'm warnin' you, though," she said, her voice a dangerous tone. Then her eyes lit up again and she squeezed the people nearest to her. "Imma a huggah!"
"Hi-YAH!" The group turned as the wall next to them burst into flames, and once the remains of the stone wall had melted down, the same group from earlier was visible, with the black haired girl at the front in a pose indicating she kicked the wall down. "Sheesh, people need to build stronger walls."

"Not everyvun iz a Kung fu expert, Serafina..." The ice-eyed girl stated. She was definitely the prettiest of the group- and though smaller and less strong then Serafina, her eyes glinted like glaciers, her skin was pale enough to look like snow, and her shortish cerulean tresses had lavender shading. Her icy dress with one sleeve looked as if it were constructed from such a substance as it too glinted in the light. In her hands were a pair of daggers, obviously made from ice and snow.

"Quit fighting, you two, we finally caught up to them!" Trinity grinned as she stepped out into the open. She was a wild one for certain- crazed teal eyes, white, blonde, and orange colors in her hair, and it was impossible to tell which was her original hair color. She wore a green t-shirt, with scrawling on it that was barely legible to the others, with a black jacket and pants. "So, where the heck is Angel? She's the only normal one of us."

As if on cue, the German followed. "Dang, you three are hard to babysit." Her choppy whitish lavender hair bounced as she shook her head disapprovingly. Her eyes were chocolate brown, and she wore a normally busy looking ensemble of a navy blue straight skirt, vest, and puffed sleeved white shirt. "I'm the only one who isn't an elemental mage or an alien."

"Keep it down!" Trinity hissed.

(OOC: A quick correction to Thunderchu- Angel is indeed human, but Trinity isn't. Serafina and Soyala are human, yet manipulators of flame and ice.)

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
A cell left locked. A man slipping away into insanity, his figures mangled and scratched, his eyes bouncing up and down to the new commotion outside. His chains were tight on, the scars beneath his wrists from escape attempts proved so. He giggled a little bit. hearing the screams of the guards outside, his giggle soon turned into a maniacal laugh, he finally found a shard of metal and broke off his chains. He pounded on the door to be let free. For a voice to respond with kindness. But his mind was far behind what it used to be. The dirtied tag on his prison uniform read Kenneth Maxwell, a famed assassin indeed. Until that is. He was caught, he looked through the little bar window on his cell door and pounded as hard as he could, his knuckles literally smashing the door, a little crack in each hit, and with each hit the pain got worse.
He just needed out, and he didn't care at what cost.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"Nice to meet you J.P., I'm impressed that you managed to slip aboard, not easy to do. I am a little puzzled why you've been hiding all this time. Did someone have it in for you in Thieve's Hideout?" Just then a gaunt pirate with scars on his wrists began to scream in his sleep on the lower deck. "Excuse me," Calamity said dashing below decks to the pirate's hammock and gently began shaking him awake. " It's ok, Mr. Maxwell. You're out, they don't have you anymore. Wake up, Ken, you're free. "
He looked at her in confusion, then his expression cleared in understanding, "Sorry, Captain, it was the dream again."
It's alright, Ken, these things take time. Soon we'll be at Skull Island. I'm sure Vadima and Morgan will be able to help. I'm glad to give you the ride. Oh, one more thing," she said as she turned back, "We have a stowaway. Fair warning, she said she's a hugger."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Scratch went to talk to Captain Calamity in private. "I and I be feeling something bad with that boy, my Captain. Dat boy, he find some powerful bad mojo in dat prison cell. Dere be tings in de dark, where pain and suffering live. He not be finding some strong good mojo, his mind, it not be leaving dat prison forever. De dark spirit be using him to daywalk soon."
"I hear you Scratch. We'll take him to Madame Vadima first, then I'll visit Avery so he can settle up with us on that bet."
Later Captain Calamity had a word with the stowaway. "We have to run some important errands on Skull Island. If you want to sign on with us for a while, you are welcome. You can take some liberty on Skull Island to decide or tag along with us. You can give me your answer before we next sail."
Disembarking at Skull Island, Calamity and a few of her crew escorted Kennith Maxwell to Vadima's lair.
"Ah you are here at last." Funny how she seemed to expect them. "The crystal is clouded, but bars shadow your mind and evil dogs your steps, young Maxwell. I can tell you little but that you voyage in the right direction and the green path may be your salvation." "What? but I don't even know where I'm going." said Maxwell with a haunted look. "Enough. You must hurry, timing is crucial. Go. Now!"
It never being a good idea to question a witchdoctor using that tone, they went. Standing in the courtyard, they looked around at each other wondering. "Now what?" 'Where do we go?" "What are we supposed to do?" "Why are oracle types always so annoyingly obscure?" "Who said that? We're only just outside, she might hear you!" "Or worse, she might hear you at any distance."
Uncertainly Calamity said,"I guess we should just do what we'd already planned to do and visit Avery." For lack of other ideas, that's what they did.