Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One thing that irritates me.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
Is players sending blind friend requests to you out of no where. I tire of constantly being bombarded by friend requests from players who do not even attempt to talk or get to know the other player before sending the request. Then, when you turn them down, they keep spamming the requests until you accept them (which then I promptly ignore) Does anyone else experience this at all, and am I right to be annoyed at such behavior?

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
If you are so annoyed then turn off friend requests in options. That way you won't get bombarded with requests and you can still friend those whom you wish.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It's not quite so much the request that irritates me, it is the fact that the erase your whole line of text when you get them. There is NO way to get away from the request without losing all your typing. This doesn't happen at all on Wizard and I was wondering why, KI, that it happens here. That and the fact that going through any type of doorway does the same thing. In Wizard your text is saved, but here you have to start all over. Why is this and can it possibly be fixed?

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Omegagan is right about how to avoid this irritation. I sometimes forget to do this and ignore it for the most part the only time it bugs me is in a ship battle. When you get spammed then my ship spins out of control and I cant do anything until I say yar or nay. Overall if I get too many of this type of requests from unseen people I just switch realms to avoid the drive by friendings.

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
It's not quite so much the request that irritates me, it is the fact that the erase your whole line of text when you get them. There is NO way to get away from the request without losing all your typing. This doesn't happen at all on Wizard and I was wondering why, KI, that it happens here. That and the fact that going through any type of doorway does the same thing. In Wizard your text is saved, but here you have to start all over. Why is this and can it possibly be fixed?
Just wanted to let you know that I've forwarded this on for review.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I've forwarded this on for review.
Thank you! It would be so much nicer if we could write text, then click anywhere else on the screen without losing the text (like in wizard).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I hate to turn off friend requests, but I never accept a request from a complete stranger. It doesn't happen that often because I tend to play in the less-crowded realms.

-Indigo

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
this happened to me more times than I can count.
Smiling Natalie lvl 51

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aww Thank you Jack. You really make me feel accepted and cared about that a little irritant to me is taken so serious and you stepped right in want to help me with it. My warm fuzzie meter is pegging in the red. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.