Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Talk Like a Pirate Day

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I very much enjoyed the surprises on 'Talk Like a Pirate Day', but I think my favorite must be the Pirate 'language' translator. I went through all of Boochbeard's playful translations of 'English' to 'Pirate', and laughed and laughed. For one thing, I am not going to forget about those 'privy pastilles' any time soon!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I too very much enjoyed listening to Boochbeard talk in the language of pirate, although truly without reading it I couldn't understand a good half of what he was saying. Lol nice job, KI! Very entertaining, and Talk Like a Pirate Day was definitely fun.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Lol my fav is: "Barnacles and Brimstone! the troggies are mad as dry devil fish! they're catapulting rocks at us the lubbers!!"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Speed Switch on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Lol my fav is: "Barnacles and Brimstone! the troggies are mad as dry devil fish! they're catapulting rocks at us the lubbers!!"

Hey, 'Speed Switch', nice to see you back!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Administrator
Hello, my name is Boochbeard and I’m a pirate. It’s nice to meet you.
Ahoy there, matey! Captain Boochbeard’s me name and piratin’s me game! Good to clap deadlights on ye!

Excuse me, have you seen a small monkey around this Tavern? I think he’s lost.
Avast there! Have ye clapped deadlights on a monkey hereabouts? I think he’s slipped out a scupper!

Thank you for inviting me to your party. I love this finger-food you have here and the music is great.
Thankee fer a smashing carouse, Pirate! Good eats and the band plays a grand hornpipe!

I’m looking for the bathroom in this establishment; can you point me in the right direction?
Which way to the privy on this ship, Captain? Is it abaft or abeam?

My favorite thing about school is History because I get to learn about great explorers.
Yar, me best class in me old school days was History! Nothing like knowin’ the lives of the navigators and captains that have shipped afore ye!

My dog ate my homework and I need another day to complete the assignment.
Yar. Me letters o’ marquee fell into Davy Jones’ locker! I’ll have new ones for ye by six bells in the mornin’!

I’m going to stay inside today because it’s raining and I don’t have an umbrella.
Batten down the hatches, shipmates! There’s a squall brewin’ and I’m without me oilskins!

I don’t feel so good, and I think I need to go to the doctor as soon as possible.
I’m sick as a sea dog! I need to hit port and hove to a sawbones.

Hey! What’s up? Do you have any plans for this weekend?
Yar Pirate! How be ye? Are ye planning to haul wind soon! Or are ye confined to port?

I think your pet is great and I really like what you’ve named him.
That’s a beauty of a pet ye’ve got there, Pirate! And smartly named! We should all be as lucky as to have a pet named Chucklesworth.

So you only have one page of Companions and you call yourself a Captain?
Ye’ve less than two dozen on yer crew? Ye’ll never make Commodore with that few, Pirate!

The cashier up front told me that I could find the limes in the Produce section but I got lost here in the candy aisle.
That shopkeep needs a sextant and compass! I needs me a lime but he showed me to the sweets stores! Say, Pirate, you don’t suppose Key lime Candy cures scurvy, do ye?

I think I’d like to go play a round of golf this afternoon. Do you want to go with me?
Yar, I’m going ashore for a round of scupper ball. Care to ship with me?

You look like you could be a Swashbuckler! Have you talked to your trainer on Skull Island?
By my lights, ye strike me as a Swashbukler, me hearty! Go talk to good lady Morgan LaFitte on Skull Island to learn a trick o’ the blade or two!

That guy over there challenged me to a Player Versus Player match, and I need to hide somewhere.
Yar, that pirate over there asked me to meet him in the Brawlin’ Hall! Help me finds a powder cask to lie low in!

Does anyone smell steak? I think I smell some steak, and I’m extremely hungry.
I smells me some barbacoa! Yar, I’ve et no red meat since last I was in port!

I’d like to go for a walk and get out in the fresh air. I love feeling healthy. Exercise is great!
Time to stretch me pegleg! Yar a good stroll about an island will keep a pirate trim as a schooner and all ship shape!

I think the local natives are restless and are shooting us with large rocks from giant slingshots.
Barnacles and Brimstone! The Troggies are mad as a dry devilfish! They’re catapultin’ rocks at us, the lubbers!

Look over there! I think I see a fox holding a Musket and she has a giant yellow exclamation point over her head.
Avast there! Tis a good lady fox and her swivel gun! And it looks as if she’s wanting a chin wag with ye!

This boat that Captain Avery gave me looks awful and it’s named the leaky bucket, can you help me find a new ship?
This ship’s called The Leaky Bucket and it couldn’t be better named! She’s so full of holes I wouldn’t use her as a scow. Avery bamboozled me! Say, could you help a fellow Pirate acquire a boat on account?

I’m feeling kind of low on health, have you seen any yum fruit nearby?
I’m feeling lower than a bilge rat, Pirate. Clapped yer lights on any yum hereabouts?

I’m so tired today, I think I need to get more sleep at night.
I can barely keep my deadlights propped open. I needs more time in me hammock and less time on deck.

Can you check my breath? I think I brushed my teeth a few days ago, but I don’t know if this mint I found in the bathroom is working.
Does me breath reek o’ fishheads? Yar, I’ll never trust another privy pastille again!

I think we need to polish these cannons before we head into battle again. There are squid guts everywhere!
Carreen them carronades, Swabbie! They’re loaded to the gunwales with squiddy innards!

I agree with you, that fight was pretty intense. We should take a break.
Yar, that was a close shave shipmate, let’s find some sky that’s becalmed for a bit.

It’s been great talking to you. See you later!
It’s been grand shipping with ye, Pirate! I’ll keep me lights on the horizon for ye!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy there, matey! Captain Boochbeard’s me name and piratin’s me game! Good to clap deadlights on ye!

Avast there! Have ye clapped deadlights on a monkey hereabouts? I think he’s slipped out a scupper!

Thank you for inviting me to your party. I love this finger-food you have here and the music is great.
Thankee fer a smashing carouse, Pirate! Good eats and the band plays a grand hornpipe!

I’m looking for the bathroom in this establishment; can you point me in the right direction?

My favorite thing about school is History because I get to learn about great explorers.
Yar, me best class in me old school days was History! Nothing like knowin’ the lives of the navigators and captains that have shipped afore ye!

Yar. Me letters o’ marquee fell into Davy Jones’ locker! I’ll have new ones for ye by six bells in the mornin’!

I’m going to stay inside today because it’s raining and I don’t have an umbrella.
Batten down the hatches, shipmates! There’s a squall brewin’ and I’m without me oilskins!

I don’t feel so good, and I think I need to go to the doctor as soon as possible.

Yar Pirate! How be ye? Are ye planning to haul wind soon! Or are ye confined to port?

That’s a beauty of a pet ye’ve got there, Pirate! And smartly named! We should all be as lucky as to have a pet named Chucklesworth.

Ye’ve less than two dozen on yer crew? Ye’ll never make Commodore with that few, Pirate!

The cashier up front told me that I could find the limes in the Produce section but I got lost here in the candy aisle.
That shopkeep needs a sextant and compass! I needs me a lime but he showed me to the sweets stores! Say, Pirate, you don’t suppose Key lime Candy cures scurvy, do ye?

I think I’d like to go play a round of golf this afternoon. Do you want to go with me?

You look like you could be a Swashbuckler! Have you talked to your trainer on Skull Island?
By my lights, ye strike me as a Swashbukler, me hearty! Go talk to good lady Morgan LaFitte on Skull Island to learn a trick o’ the blade or two!

That guy over there challenged me to a Player Versus Player match, and I need to hide somewhere.
Yar, that pirate over there asked me to meet him in the Brawlin’ Hall! Help me finds a powder cask to lie low in!

I’d like to go for a walk and get out in the fresh air. I love feeling healthy. Exercise is great!
Time to stretch me pegleg! Yar a good stroll about an island will keep a pirate trim as a schooner and all ship shape!

I think the local natives are restless and are shooting us with large rocks from giant slingshots.
Barnacles and Brimstone! The Troggies are mad as a dry devilfish! They’re catapultin’ rocks at us, the lubbers!

Look over there! I think I see a fox holding a Musket and she has a giant yellow exclamation point over her head.
Avast there! Tis a good lady fox and her swivel gun! And it looks as if she’s wanting a chin wag with ye!

This boat that Captain Avery gave me looks awful and it’s named the leaky bucket, can you help me find a new ship?
This ship’s called The Leaky Bucket and it couldn’t be better named! She’s so full of holes I wouldn’t use her as a scow. Avery bamboozled me! Say, could you help a fellow Pirate acquire a boat on account?

I’m feeling lower than a bilge rat, Pirate. Clapped yer lights on any yum hereabouts?

I can barely keep my deadlights propped open. I needs more time in me hammock and less time on deck.

Can you check my breath? I think I brushed my teeth a few days ago, but I don’t know if this mint I found in the bathroom is working.
Does me breath reek o’ fishheads? Yar, I’ll never trust another privy pastille again!

I think we need to polish these cannons before we head into battle again. There are squid guts everywhere!
Carreen them carronades, Swabbie! They’re loaded to the gunwales with squiddy innards!

Yar, that was a close shave shipmate, let’s find some sky that’s becalmed for a bit.

It’s been grand shipping with ye, Pirate! I’ll keep me lights on the horizon for ye!
Thank you Jack It is great that we now have a record of this classic and very giggle worthy stuff. What a thoughtful treat.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011

Whew! Thank you, One-Eyed Jack! Now I can properly write these phrases in my own documents correctly. XD Man, it was so hard to understand while just hearing Boochbeard. Thanks, One-Eyed Jack!

~Elizabeth, level 57 ~

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey, 'Speed Switch', nice to see you back!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
ooh, i'm sorry i didnt see this i would have replied ..! lol

Thanks! i didnt think anyone liked my comments...except chrissy! and emma...and maybe jack!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012

Chin wag?? that one was really funny XD