Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rare items from movies?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
When I was a young kid I played several games where they would have like a temporal movie world or something in the game. They did this because of sponsorships and such, and players could get cool items from doing a challenge associated with a newly released movie or book or what not. I was wondering whether we could do the same? Of course I understand if we can't, but its just a idea.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
they do. in santa pollo there are the three amigos and the last quest reward is the blade of the invisible swordsman. also el kaboing, hes from a old cartoon, theres also el guapo in santa pollo.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, there are many movie references like the '3 Amigos' quest, all the Western movies referred to in the quests from Rooster Cogburn, 'the Seven Samurai' and many more. It sounds like Golden Guardian had in mind more of a liscensed promo deal with something that just premiered.

I would say it is not impossible, but would be complicated and need to be worked out by KI and whoever they talked into it. What you have in mind has happened before with KI. In Wizard101, there was a quest in which Selena Gomez was kidnapped by King Thermador to be his bride. The quest concluded with crabs dancing and Selena singing a song from her new album. Wizards received a statue and portrait of Selena. Don't hurry off to Crab Alley for the quest though, it was only available for a short time as a sneak peek at Crab Alley.

If you are dying to see what Selena looked like in game, head over to Santa Pollo in Cool Ranch. You may need to do some questing in that area first, but you will eventually run into a girl with an uncanny resemblance to her.
Waste not, want not, hey KI? No complaints here, I enjoyed her cameo role.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Yes, there are many movie references like the '3 Amigos' quest, all the Western movies referred to in the quests from Rooster Cogburn, 'the Seven Samurai' and many more. It sounds like Golden Guardian had in mind more of a liscensed promo deal with something that just premiered.

I would say it is not impossible, but would be complicated and need to be worked out by KI and whoever they talked into it. What you have in mind has happened before with KI. In Wizard101, there was a quest in which Selena Gomez was kidnapped by King Thermador to be his bride. The quest concluded with crabs dancing and Selena singing a song from her new album. Wizards received a statue and portrait of Selena. Don't hurry off to Crab Alley for the quest though, it was only available for a short time as a sneak peek at Crab Alley.

If you are dying to see what Selena looked like in game, head over to Santa Pollo in Cool Ranch. You may need to do some questing in that area first, but you will eventually run into a girl with an uncanny resemblance to her.
Waste not, want not, hey KI? No complaints here, I enjoyed her cameo role.
Fun fact,the magnificent seven was named after a western movie of the same name which was a remake of a japanese movie involving samurai.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes it was, and I loved that there was a 7 samoorai quest in Mooshu too.