Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Personal Fleet

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
I was thinking it would be cool if you could have multiple of your ships out with you while sailing. Like, you choose one ship as a flagship and that is what you see at docks and what you can control. Then, you choose up to four of your other ship to follow you, take damage for you, and fire their cannons at enemies for you.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
that is a awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-eager morgrim rakes

Ensign
Sep 19, 2010
This idea is perfect. I don't understand why this wasn't added in at the very begining.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2008
I also LOVE this idea, but can personally see this imbalancing Broadside combat as currently implemented. At a minimum, your next highest level (or some other way designated) ship following you like a companion or pet but not doing or affecting anything while sailing would just be a nice touch of color. Having them fade out when engaged in combat might even be a more attainable leap for KI without having to rebalance Broadsides.

I'm certain entire flotillas (even just 4 ship fleets) would clog things badly for those running lower-end systems, but I'd like to throw my support to seeing more than one ship of my growing armada at a time. I like the idea of seeing all the Gold and Crowns I've put into each of them. Perhaps just rendering them locally only instead of broadcasting them for the world to see?

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I think that's a great idea because then you could finish quests faster and you could enjoy the game faster

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
Good idea, but pirate 101's ship to ship combat would make those type of ship battles very difficult for a single player. So to make it work they would have to revamp there entire ship to ship combat system. Which would a major revamp of the entire game, not to mention resources that could be better used in other areas of the game.

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe if you had a private island you could have your whole fleet could be seen,but you could have all of your ships in it.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I'd love to do this, it makes fighting skyway bosses with lower level ships much easier

Bloody Felix Lawson
Aquila Legend

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
I like the idea of seeing my fleet of ships, they are just hanging around in my Inventory with nothing to do. The combat feature seems interesting and would help in the ship farming quests.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I would just love to have them floating in my house's harbor for others and myself to wander through. With high hopes of some day being able to put decorative items in them to really make them special spots to revisit. To just be able to display them for others to see my much loved and very hard working ships would be So nice.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
japenese battle ya... on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
that is a awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-eager morgrim rakes
This idea wasn't added is because it would be hard, and what if it glitches and you never see that ship again?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You guys do realize that they would not give us that many ships to fight with without making the enemies way harder? You may not like getting this wish if you think about it.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Maybe as a compromise, KI could let us unbottle up to four ships at a time that would be attatched to each other by gangplanks like they are when we board enemy ships. I know KI toyed with this idea in beta testing.

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe while you are in combat you chose one ship to atack with

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Maybe as a compromise, KI could let us unbottle up to four ships at a time that would be attatched to each other by gangplanks like they are when we board enemy ships. I know KI toyed with this idea in beta testing.
Oh I like that idea. I wonder if when someone stops and helps you, that is where the new gangplank and new ship platform would show up. I bet that is what they were doing. Since we now just 'show up' on the enemy's ship when we help, wouldn't it be cool if it showed our pirate swinging over from their ship to land and leap into the fray?

Ensign
Aug 02, 2008
I think my original reply here missed an essential element that others have voiced (but only because I've said it elsewhere I think):

My request would be for personal ships to be floating in my housing harbors. I too, would like to be able to see them all from my crow's nest and explore them without having to unbottle them one at a time.