Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Card paaacks!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2010
I've really been wanting pirate101 to get some more card packs, because, well, let me break it to ya kingsisle, one card pack ain't enough. So, I was thinking of reasons why your not making any more for now,
and it came down to 1: kingsisle is workin on other updates, and 2: the production team or whatever it's called doesn't have an idea on a card pack.( there are two seprate teams of people to work on both kingsisle games, I know that thanks to one-eyed jack, thx jack) So this post is full of ideas of new card packs starting..... now!

1:name: hero's hoard. mount: armored white stallion. clothing items: set 1, graves of the greats, brest plate of the great,and mask of the great. set 2, hero's boots, hero's vestment, and hero's helm.
weapons: 1, grip of the great, hero's hatchets.

2:name: treasure of the gods. mount: golden chariot with a red trim. clothing items: set 1, zeus's sandal's,zeus's robes, and zeus's crown. set 2, Ares's boots, Ares's attire, and Ares's crown. weapons: zeus's zapper, and ares's atlatl.

and if you can, which I know it would it's a long shot, but I was wondering if you could make a card pack with my pirate's name, heres the idea hope you like it!

3:name chase chest of treasure. mount: lion, albino or regular. clothing items: set 1, chase's chained boots, chase's chained chest plate, and chase's chained crown. set 2, kipton's clogs, kipton's killer armor, and kipton's crown. weapons: chase's chipper, and kipton's cackram

thanks kingsisle, hope you think about my ideas, and please suggest the last one plz!

fearless chase kipton, lvl 25 swashbuckler

Bosun
May 06, 2009
korgan002 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I've really been wanting pirate101 to get some more card packs, because, well, let me break it to ya kingsisle, one card pack ain't enough. So, I was thinking of reasons why your not making any more for now,
and it came down to 1: kingsisle is workin on other updates, and 2: the production team or whatever it's called doesn't have an idea on a card pack.( there are two seprate teams of people to work on both kingsisle games, I know that thanks to one-eyed jack, thx jack) So this post is full of ideas of new card packs starting..... now!

1:name: hero's hoard. mount: armored white stallion. clothing items: set 1, graves of the greats, brest plate of the great,and mask of the great. set 2, hero's boots, hero's vestment, and hero's helm.
weapons: 1, grip of the great, hero's hatchets.

2:name: treasure of the gods. mount: golden chariot with a red trim. clothing items: set 1, zeus's sandal's,zeus's robes, and zeus's crown. set 2, Ares's boots, Ares's attire, and Ares's crown. weapons: zeus's zapper, and ares's atlatl.

and if you can, which I know it would it's a long shot, but I was wondering if you could make a card pack with my pirate's name, heres the idea hope you like it!

3:name chase chest of treasure. mount: lion, albino or regular. clothing items: set 1, chase's chained boots, chase's chained chest plate, and chase's chained crown. set 2, kipton's clogs, kipton's killer armor, and kipton's crown. weapons: chase's chipper, and kipton's cackram

thanks kingsisle, hope you think about my ideas, and please suggest the last one plz!

fearless chase kipton, lvl 25 swashbuckler
Now you have great ideas. I really like the first hoard pack, but I would like to add why Hoard Packs do not come out as frequently as in Wizard101. (Also I think KI has plenty of ideas, but they rarely turn down a hand for inspiration or player feedback)

I really enjoy hoard packs and I'd love for more hoard packs (enough to have a good 5 packs total), however during the 201/11-2012 time frame, KI spammed this packs in Wizard101. They filled them with slightly overpowered gear, more than necessary items (making the major rewards hard to get), and you could end up spending tens of thousands of Crowns and still not get what you want. Many Players were not trilled about the randomness of these Packs. Also spending Crowns to get sustanable gear was not a croud pleaser either. Due to this bad rap of Packs, they're currently coming to a decline as of late.

Another reason why Hoard Packs may not be coming out as frequently is because, in Wizard101, there was a cousion of bad gear (crafted or dropped) to give reason for very powerful gear in Packs to spend multiple Crowns on it until you had what you want. Here, Pirate101 dropped gear is extremely sufficient and probably even beats Crowns gear (put you can still get it). Due to the mass about of good gear, gear in Packs would simply be an addition or you'd be spending more money on something you could get that's just as good as a drop.

I'm not against more Packs, I would encourage more. I'm simply posing reasons. I think KI is trying to learn from it's mistakes in Wizard101 and keep the Packs to a minimum. We might seem them more yearly (one or two new pack(s) every year). The stuff in the Tribal Crew Pack is very nice, but not necessary, or overly powerful and being that it's the only one, is why it might have fallen flat or "out of exsistance." There's just no reason to make gear in the packs very powerful.

As for the Companions, being that they're also not overpowered to become a necessity, they do seem to fall off to the side. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one of those Aztecosaurs or any Hoard Pack Companion for that matter, but being that they're so rare, and not so powerful that I need them or they change the battle play, I don't have to spend so much to try and get one now.

Hopefully, KI will add more Hoard Packs (I'm sure One-Eyed Jack said more were on the way), they just won't come out extremely frequently.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
I agree there should be more card packs. So I have some ideas .

1. The mount pack: Mounts: Blood bat, Water mole champion. Clothing Set 1. gold chain mail boots, Gold chain mail armor, and Armored chain mail hlem. Set 2. Doom boots, Doom coat, Doom top hat. Set 3. Mount boots, Mount Chest Plate, Mount helm. Pets: Golden Jaguar, and Mini Hammer head.

2. For the Holidays. Happy Holidays pack. Mounts: Tree missile(p), Flying reindeer(p), and Santa's sleigh(p). Pets: Baby reindeer, nutcracker,and Jingle bell. House deeds: Santa's Workshop. Companions: Holiday ninja, Holiday snowman,and yule trogg. Gear: Set 1. Santa boots, Santa suit,and Santa hat. Set 2. Elf boots, Elf coat, and elf hat. set 3.Reindeer antlers, Candy cane boots,and Candy cane Suit. Some Housing items: Chest nuts roasting, Smoking chimney, Eggnog,and deck the halls wall paper.

I hope you like my ideas I really like the second one Happy Holidays pack.

Perilous Patrick Parker Musketeer