Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sarah Steele VS. El Toro!

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
In a fight between El Toro and Sarah Steele, who would win? You decide!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Two favorite companions, against each other? I recently promoted Sarah Steele to Mouse Corsair, so I think that she would win, also because I haven't promoted El Toro (yet). I'm voting Sarah.

~Elizabeth, level 40 ~

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"Come now, my dear mouse lady, it is time to cross swords with... El Toro (music)."

"You know the Captain's rules, no fighting aboard ship." Sarah Steele replied companionably.

"It is not fighting, it is... practice."

"Practice, schmactice, you know I'd win."

"Please," chuckled the large bull, "let's us not fantasize. I will give you a lesson with... El Toro (music)."

"In what? Pomposity?"

"I can understand your concern. There is no shame to losing to one such as I."

"Losing? Keep dreaming, you loud-mouthed buffoon."

Just then Ratbeard appeared around the corner, holding a large bowl of popcorn and taking a seat on the stairway. "Come on then, afore the Captain gets back from his walk with Bonnie Anne."

"I'd rather fight you, ya lubber," Sarah tartly shot at the grinning rat. "Alright then, you're on," she grinned wolfishly at the bovine.

El Toro (music) stood at one end of the deck, Sarah Steele at the other. Both began warming up. One by one the other companions gathered round, bets being placed on everything from first touch to being thrown overboard to what was for dinner. Old Scratch rang the ship's bell and the fight began.

The two carefully circled warily around each other, feinting slightly though each knew neither would fall for it. The blades crashed high with a loud metallic clang. Sarah attempted a low flourish, but El Toro (music) used his whip to swing from the low hanging spar out of range. (How does he do that?) He rushed in as if at a matador, but Sarah side stepped and gave him a thwack on the backside.

"Oh you will pay for that," El Toro (music) threatened. Sarah just grinned again and the game began afresh.

Just then, a crackle of energy passed overhead as the Captain and Bonnie Anne walked up the gangplank. "I thought I said no fighting! No dessert for you two!" He grabbed the popcorn from Ratbeard and headed down below deck. He stopped, turned around and asked, "So, who was winning?"

"I WAS!" they claimed in unison.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Sam Underhill on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
"Come now, my dear mouse lady, it is time to cross swords with... El Toro (music)."

"You know the Captain's rules, no fighting aboard ship." Sarah Steele replied companionably.

"Please," chuckled the large bull, "let's us not fantasize. I will give you a lesson with... El Toro (music)."

"In what? Pomposity?"

Just then Ratbeard appeared around the corner, holding a large bowl of popcorn and taking a seat on the stairway. "Come on then, afore the Captain gets back from his walk with Bonnie Anne."

"I'd rather fight you, ya lubber," Sarah tartly shot at the grinning rat. "Alright then, you're on," she grinned wolfishly at the bovine.

El Toro (music) stood at one end of the deck, Sarah Steele at the other. Both began warming up. One by one the other companions gathered round, bets being placed on everything from first touch to being thrown overboard to what was for dinner. Old Scratch rang the ship's bell and the fight began.

The two carefully circled warily around each other, feinting slightly though each knew neither would fall for it. The blades crashed high with a loud metallic clang. Sarah attempted a low flourish, but El Toro (music) used his whip to swing from the low hanging spar out of range. (How does he do that?) He rushed in as if at a matador, but Sarah side stepped and gave him a thwack on the backside.

"Oh you will pay for that," El Toro (music) threatened. Sarah just grinned again and the game began afresh.

Just then, a crackle of energy passed overhead as the Captain and Bonnie Anne walked up the gangplank. "I thought I said no fighting! No dessert for you two!" He grabbed the popcorn from Ratbeard and headed down below deck. He stopped, turned around and asked, "So, who was winning?"

Oh my, you really had me cracking up there, Sam Underhill. Awesome story!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

"In what? Pomposity?"

Do you write FanFictions? It seems you'd be pretty good at it, lol

Maybe even give The Highlander Fox a run for her money, XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

The Highlander Fox? That would give even Virtuous Anne Radcliffe a run for her money. ( I don't mean he is better Anne, I just would love to see you two have a write off, lol )

As per usual Sam you have wow'd us again. x Hands goodie bag to encourage such behavior x

Ensign
Jul 17, 2013
Thunder Hawk on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
In a fight between El Toro and Sarah Steele, who would win? You decide!
I think El Toro Would Win He's Strong!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
The Highlander Fox? That would give even Virtuous Anne Radcliffe a run for her money. ( I don't mean he is better Anne, I just would love to see you two have a write off, lol )

As per usual Sam you have wow'd us again. x Hands goodie bag to encourage such behavior x
Oh, no, I wouldn't dare challenge Sam to a write-off . I'd be there, all serious, trying to set the stage and develop plot and character... and then he would be making me laugh. I wouldn't be able to help it; I'd lose all concentration!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Well I would have to say El Toro "music plays" because if you give him relentless 2 and first strike he is a really good companion well and I haven't used sarah steele Toby lvl51

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

"In what? Pomposity?"

- Oh .... Great Poseidon that was hilarious! I try' ed to stop myself from laughing because my mom was around . Hope she didn't see me turn red.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Oh, no, I wouldn't dare challenge Sam to a write-off . I'd be there, all serious, trying to set the stage and develop plot and character... and then he would be making me laugh. I wouldn't be able to help it; I'd lose all concentration!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Sounds like an absolute blast of a gigglefest.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Bloody Belle on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

Oh my goodness! You would compare my meager offerings to those of the Highlander Fox and Virtuous Anne Radcliffe? I am truly humbled that my pathetic scratchings have elicited such dire omens. I credit the cast and crew of my ship for inspiring me to such creative heights. Take a bow, everyone. NO! Not all at once, you klutzes! Ow, look out! Old Scratch get your bony elbow out of my ribs! Watch you put that sword, Ratbeard! El Toro (music), the horns, the horns! No, no, I remove myself from such dreary competitions that I would surely lose, at least as soon as I can untangle this mess.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Sam Underhill on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Oh my goodness! You would compare my meager offerings to those of the Highlander Fox and Virtuous Anne Radcliffe? I am truly humbled that my pathetic scratchings have elicited such dire omens. I credit the cast and crew of my ship for inspiring me to such creative heights. Take a bow, everyone. NO! Not all at once, you klutzes! Ow, look out! Old Scratch get your bony elbow out of my ribs! Watch you put that sword, Ratbeard! El Toro (music), the horns, the horns! No, no, I remove myself from such dreary competitions that I would surely lose, at least as soon as I can untangle this mess.
Ah, Sam. Your writings continue to amuse me. One day I promise I will challenge you to a WRITE-OFF! But meh, poetry and drawing come in handy in that section too... Wait, I'm getting sidetracked! You continue to make me laugh and your offerings are hardly meager- they definitely outclass mine...

Ciao!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Ah, Sam. Your writings continue to amuse me. One day I promise I will challenge you to a WRITE-OFF! But meh, poetry and drawing come in handy in that section too... Wait, I'm getting sidetracked! You continue to make me laugh and your offerings are hardly meager- they definitely outclass mine...

Ciao!
I'd love to see that! Maybe Chrissy can be the judge!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Puppylove1021 on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I'd love to see that! Maybe Chrissy can be the judge!
Oh no no no no no no no no no, did I mention NO?
I could never take that kind of pressure. You both hit different sides of my funny bone. You both make me giggle. I could never chose. My kind, wanting to bless all heart could never take it. Maybe Jack, He is already the much loved master Editor in Chief of the Fan Fiction pages. I just don't have the constitution to be such a judge .

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013

"In what? Pomposity?"

Bonnie Anne truned back at the top of the ship's ladder leading below decks. "I'll keep him busy for bit if you two wish to... finish up here." The merry twinkle in her eye bespoke of mischief aforethought.

"Well, demoiselle, I shall certainly understand if you do not wish to continue your education at the hands of... El Toro (music)." Hat in hand, he executed a perfect flourish as he spoke.

"Never, you blaggering blowhard," Sarah Steele responded, dropping into a curtsy that would have done a duchess proud.

The company of companions resumed their positions, wagers once again passing back and forth at a furious pace. Then the two combatants resumed their conflict, the clash of Steele on steel (pun alert) again resounding in the late afternoon sun. Sarah attempted a botta-in-tempo, but El Toro deftly riposted, neatly planting a kiss on her cheek in passing. Re-faced, the mouse tried a cavazione, but the bull's controcavazione brought them right back where they started.

"A valiant effort, my dear mouseling. But it is no match for the awe-inspiring skills of... El Toro (music)." He brandished a red rose and extended it to her in offering.

" I have never seen anyone as conceited as you. How in the spiral does Mustang Sally put up with your overwhelming vanity?"

"Just another of my many, many charms." El Toro lunged forward, attacking without warning high and outside, but Sarah retreated a half step, dodging the blow but nearly losing her balance.

"And now the coup de grace," the bull boasted, but Sarah was no longer there in front of him, having slid around the mast to administer another smack on his backside. This brought forth a blistering round of give and take, the two going toe to toe, battle instincts taking over, the blades moving faster than the eye or brain could register. Sixte, tierce, quarte, prime, octave, seconde, septime, quinte, the air was filled with ringing as if churchbells had gone haywire.

Suddeny, as if choreographed, the two broke apart. "I do believe you have had enough," the bull wheezed, bending over trying to capture his breath. "You have earned the respect of... El Toro (music)." He then gracelessly collapsed to his knees.

"Had enough you big... thingy whatever?" Sarah wittily countered, before sliding down to sit at the base of the mast she had been supporting herself against. Both gasped in huge amounts of air.

"Captain's coming up," Wing Chung warned. Within seconds, the deck looked busy as the companions began faking chores. Rigging was adjusted, brasses shined, cannonballs stacked. Milo pushed a damp mop across the decking, whistling a merry sea shanty. Sarah and El Toro sat side by side, innocently sharpening their blades.

"What's going on? I though I heard a battle raging up here?" His hand was on the hilt of his sword, ready for action. Bonnie Anne stood behind him, musket in hand, eyes still twinkling.

"Cap'n?" Ratbeard smoothly reassured him. "Ye ken see fer yerself there's nothin' goin' on."

"Yeeesss."

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Sam Underhill on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Bonnie Anne truned back at the top of the ship's ladder leading below decks. "I'll keep him busy for bit if you two wish to... finish up here." The merry twinkle in her eye bespoke of mischief aforethought.

"Well, demoiselle, I shall certainly understand if you do not wish to continue your education at the hands of... El Toro (music)." Hat in hand, he executed a perfect flourish as he spoke.

"Never, you blaggering blowhard," Sarah Steele responded, dropping into a curtsy that would have done a duchess proud.

The company of companions resumed their positions, wagers once again passing back and forth at a furious pace. Then the two combatants resumed their conflict, the clash of Steele on steel (pun alert) again resounding in the late afternoon sun. Sarah attempted a botta-in-tempo, but El Toro deftly riposted, neatly planting a kiss on her cheek in passing. Re-faced, the mouse tried a cavazione, but the bull's controcavazione brought them right back where they started.

"A valiant effort, my dear mouseling. But it is no match for the awe-inspiring skills of... El Toro (music)." He brandished a red rose and extended it to her in offering.

" I have never seen anyone as conceited as you. How in the spiral does Mustang Sally put up with your overwhelming vanity?"

"Just another of my many, many charms." El Toro lunged forward, attacking without warning high and outside, but Sarah retreated a half step, dodging the blow but nearly losing her balance.

"And now the coup de grace," the bull boasted, but Sarah was no longer there in front of him, having slid around the mast to administer another smack on his backside. This brought forth a blistering round of give and take, the two going toe to toe, battle instincts taking over, the blades moving faster than the eye or brain could register. Sixte, tierce, quarte, prime, octave, seconde, septime, quinte, the air was filled with ringing as if churchbells had gone haywire.

Suddeny, as if choreographed, the two broke apart. "I do believe you have had enough," the bull wheezed, bending over trying to capture his breath. "You have earned the respect of... El Toro (music)." He then gracelessly collapsed to his knees.

"Had enough you big... thingy whatever?" Sarah wittily countered, before sliding down to sit at the base of the mast she had been supporting herself against. Both gasped in huge amounts of air.

"Captain's coming up," Wing Chung warned. Within seconds, the deck looked busy as the companions began faking chores. Rigging was adjusted, brasses shined, cannonballs stacked. Milo pushed a damp mop across the decking, whistling a merry sea shanty. Sarah and El Toro sat side by side, innocently sharpening their blades.

"What's going on? I though I heard a battle raging up here?" His hand was on the hilt of his sword, ready for action. Bonnie Anne stood behind him, musket in hand, eyes still twinkling.

"Cap'n?" Ratbeard smoothly reassured him. "Ye ken see fer yerself there's nothin' goin' on."

"Yeeesss."
You are good at fan fictions! The exact kind I and my friends like!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

"Yeeesss."
Wow, That was brilliant . I really enjoyed that. x runs to get dictionary to have on hand for the re-read x You have either really done your research or you are just a plain genius. Stunning work. I am Really looking forward to see your name on the Fan Fiction pages.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011

"Yeeesss."
Sam, please say you will be making more of these fan fictions! I certainly do like them, they made me laugh the 1,000 time I read it.

Paul Level 58

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

"Yeeesss."
*claps hands*

Brilliant. I loved it. If ever you write stories about Pirate101 (weather they're posted here, or on Deviantart, or on Fanfiction), I would love to read them

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012

"Yeeesss."
Oh my soul was that good!! What other companion could we turn against each other?!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Star owl on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
You are good at fan fictions! The exact kind I and my friends like!
I know he is! I love his fan fictions!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Coincidentally, these very two mixed it up shortly after we moved into the new Privateer digs a month or so back, in what is fondly referred to by the crew as "the Battle of the Toothbrush" (don't ask). Sarah won. It wasn't necessarily a fair fight, as el Toro was distracted by the crew's helpfully shouted suggestions of what the "T" he kept writing in the air really stands for.

For punishment, he had to write 50 times "I will not preen when I should be whacking the enemy".

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Coincidentally, these very two mixed it up shortly after we moved into the new Privateer digs a month or so back, in what is fondly referred to by the crew as "the Battle of the Toothbrush" (don't ask). Sarah won. It wasn't necessarily a fair fight, as el Toro was distracted by the crew's helpfully shouted suggestions of what the "T" he kept writing in the air really stands for.

For punishment, he had to write 50 times "I will not preen when I should be whacking the enemy".

-Indigo
Lol. Oh I would have loved to have been there to see that.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
That poem, by Sam Underhill was epic. I personally only have El Toro (music) promoted at level 58 where he is doing up to 437 damage and I don't even have Sarah Steele. My Kraken Skulls companion was Mormo and I have him at his second promotion and he is at level 56 doing up to 345 damage so I would definitely go with El Toro (cue music)