Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What companion are you most like?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello my friends- take some macaroons, they're pretty good if I say so myself! -sips tea-

I have a.... different question for y'all this time. What companion can you relate with or describe yourself to be most like? Are you clever and as good with science as Gracie is? Are you like Catbeard, easily sidetracked with a love for the fabulous life? I'm curious.

I'd say I can relate best with Bonnie and Gracie. You see, science has always been one of my better subjects, and I'm admittedly really good with scientific studies. I understood every word Gracie said in Beachhead. XD I admit to being pretty good humored like Gracie too. I'm also a lot like Bonnie, in my opinion, because I've been told that I'm kind hearted by some... Though I doubt that's true. -shrugs-

Who can you describe yourself as being similar to?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well this is a knee jerk response so I hope it's accurate. I think Kan Po or Yagi. I tend to be on the quiet side. I have a lot of wisdom that I love to share with others and I am a powerhouse when it comes to defending others. I have kicked spiritual enemies into the hereafter where they belong more than once. I am the defender of the defenceless and love being there for others. The quiet powerhouse.

Wow where did that come from?

Captain
May 16, 2011
Macaroons sound great right now. x takes macaroon x

I'd say I have a lot in common with Catbeard, and maybe El Toro...... Yeah. Something along those lines.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bonnie Anne's innate morality and sense of justice really resonate with me, but I have to admit, I am probably so much like Gracie Conrad in real life that it is scary (except that it's not physics and mechanics for me, but biology and chemistry... and a whole lot of other enthusiasms, I'm afraid). Gracie appreciates and admires the beauty and technology of the Armada, even though they are evil, because... well, it's beautiful and clever. I confess, that's me too. Her enthusiasm for her work, to the point of distraction or cheerful extended explanations... yep, guilty here too.

Like Bonnie Anne, Gracie is very moral and clear sighted, though she sees things much more in 'black and white', because she is simply an innocent, pure-hearted person. She's also very courageous, willing to lay down her life for others if necessary, and I hope I would be like that. And I would hope that when I do my version of Gracie's explanations in real life on microbial genetics or whatever I am very clear (and Gracie is clear, truly) and I don't get blank looks and the equivalent of "what's a piston?", but ooo, I've seen those looks, I'm afraid .

(Though it is true, I don't have Gracie's arm... I am a perfectly awful softball player)

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
I am like Ratbeard.
i always state dumb things and my friends all get mad at me like bonnie anne.
As you know its me Fiery Luke

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I think I'm a mix of Gracie and Sarah Steele.

I'm in advanced classes in school and I understood a bit of what Gracie was saying. Far more than Ratbeard or El Toro. Lol. I love science and math, and, surprisingly, I did better in Math. Usually I'm a Language Arts person.

I'm fairly kind to those I know and I will help out others, but only if I feel like doing so. I don't trust people I haven't really talked to, as I dislike being around other people. Sometimes, if I see someone that I think will be a good friend, I try to get to know them better. Most of the time I end up with good friends. :) I'm that kind of person that has very little friends, but what friends I have will stick by my side until the end.

I'm not an exact match of any of my companions, and for that I'm glad. I love how they each have their own personality. It's entertaining to listen to them exchange remarks, from my clothing choice (*cough, cough* Puerto Mico *cough, cough*) to where we go to get things done. (Another sewer. Lovely. You take us to the nicest places Captain.)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Bonnie Anne's innate morality and sense of justice really resonate with me, but I have to admit, I am probably so much like Gracie Conrad in real life that it is scary (except that it's not physics and mechanics for me, but biology and chemistry... and a whole lot of other enthusiasms, I'm afraid). Gracie appreciates and admires the beauty and technology of the Armada, even though they are evil, because... well, it's beautiful and clever. I confess, that's me too. Her enthusiasm for her work, to the point of distraction or cheerful extended explanations... yep, guilty here too.

Like Bonnie Anne, Gracie is very moral and clear sighted, though she sees things much more in 'black and white', because she is simply an innocent, pure-hearted person. She's also very courageous, willing to lay down her life for others if necessary, and I hope I would be like that. And I would hope that when I do my version of Gracie's explanations in real life on microbial genetics or whatever I am very clear (and Gracie is clear, truly) and I don't get blank looks and the equivalent of "what's a piston?", but ooo, I've seen those looks, I'm afraid .

(Though it is true, I don't have Gracie's arm... I am a perfectly awful softball player)
I know this is way off topic, but are you really a microbial genetisist Anne, or is that just an interest?
I loved microbiology in university but just wasn't fond of working with organisims and such that I couldn't actually see, thats why I went with aquatic invertebrate ecology (macrobenthic invertebrates are awesome).

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Scarlet Freeman on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I think I'm a mix of Gracie and Sarah Steele.

I'm in advanced classes in school and I understood a bit of what Gracie was saying. Far more than Ratbeard or El Toro. Lol. I love science and math, and, surprisingly, I did better in Math. Usually I'm a Language Arts person.

I'm fairly kind to those I know and I will help out others, but only if I feel like doing so. I don't trust people I haven't really talked to, as I dislike being around other people. Sometimes, if I see someone that I think will be a good friend, I try to get to know them better. Most of the time I end up with good friends. :) I'm that kind of person that has very little friends, but what friends I have will stick by my side until the end.

I'm not an exact match of any of my companions, and for that I'm glad. I love how they each have their own personality. It's entertaining to listen to them exchange remarks, from my clothing choice (*cough, cough* Puerto Mico *cough, cough*) to where we go to get things done. (Another sewer. Lovely. You take us to the nicest places Captain.)
Wow... I didn't think of them like that. I'd have to say, though, I'm probably more like Gracie and Bonnie mixed. Like Bonnie, I have my morals and if things get too personal, I just tell them, "I rather not talk about it." I believe what I believe, and that's fighting with the good guys. I've had to leave a couple groups at my school because they were going on a 'bad path' (i rather not talk about it).

On the other hand, I think I'm like Gracie as well. Not because of her love for science and ability to reprogram things (i'm not that great in science and don't do well reprogramming anything either *crash!*). It's because of her sense of thinking and her deep thoughts. Her ability to help out in any which way she can. Her ability to confuse people to the point where they have not the slightest clue what you're talking about anymore. I'm not a amazing talking, for I have a stutter and speech slur (also a deep voice for a girl that kinda sounds like Cher), but whenever I can talk clearly, I still leave people confused like, "what..?"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I know this is way off topic, but are you really a microbial genetisist Anne, or is that just an interest?
I loved microbiology in university but just wasn't fond of working with organisims and such that I couldn't actually see, thats why I went with aquatic invertebrate ecology (macrobenthic invertebrates are awesome).
x Jaw drops at realizing this about both of you x Wow this explains a lot. No Wonder you two are such a wealth of information. My goodness, and I thought I was impressed before . Very well done. It is truly an honor to be included in your circle of friends. x bows with great respect x

Ensign
Apr 05, 2010
* Pulls out the long list companions *

Let's see....

I am most like Shiruku Neko. Loyal and faithful to the end.
I also relate a lot to Bonnie Anne and share her compassion and caring heart. The first observation I made of Bonnie Anne was "Nice Fox".

On the other hand, the first observation of Neko was "She kicks butt! Where did you get her? (And "Can I get her?") The first time I saw Neko, I was farming in Mooshu with my bestie, Chrissy, and I was referring to her Witchdoctor's Neko.

Well, I don't know. Maybe it's all in my head and I'm not like either of them.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I am indeed a microbial geneticist by trade (the player, not Anne who would be blissfully clueless about such things, of course). I love microbes, really, and genetics is a field where you really have to use your imagination to figure out how to fit together the data, as you can only see it in your head! I also like tiny invertebrates like tardigrades (water bears); they are quite fascinating little animals, and very cute. Actually, come to think of it, there are many invertebrates I like a lot. And plants, and... well, I'll stop now.

So you are fond of aquatic invertebrates? You are going to love one of the side quests in Marleybone, if you haven't gotten there already, given by Professor Challenger (mind you, not a benthic creature, but you get a hand in discovering a new minor animal phylum )

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
I don't know.. got to say between Rat beard and Bonnie Anne.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
I'm most probably like Dead Mike, very gloomy but unintentionally humorous all the same...

Ensign
May 24, 2012
I'm probably most like Kan Po and Gracie because: I'm good at martial arts, Science is my best and favorite subject, and everyone says that I'm full of wisdom. My favorite world is Mooshu, I can also meditate for long periods of time (meaning like a half an hour, not hours). My friends might also say I'm like Bonnie Anne in that I'm kind and considerate. Remember when in Port Regal, Bonnie Anne says that she's going to attack you if Mabel (The Governer's daughter) gets hurt while you're kidnapping her.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
I'd love to say Bonnie is an exact facsimile of me but I'm not Irish or a Sharpshooter lol

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
TurtleWitchdoctor on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm probably most like Kan Po and Gracie because: I'm good at martial arts, Science is my best and favorite subject, and everyone says that I'm full of wisdom. My favorite world is Mooshu, I can also meditate for long periods of time (meaning like a half an hour, not hours). My friends might also say I'm like Bonnie Anne in that I'm kind and considerate. Remember when in Port Regal, Bonnie Anne says that she's going to attack you if Mabel (The Governer's daughter) gets hurt while you're kidnapping her.
Yea... I wasn't so on board with the kidnapping. Especially when Bonnie said that.

Ciao!