Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What does your CREW do in their spare time?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hola, amigos! I like speaking in Monquistan! Nevermind, just have some eclairs and homemade doughnuts with a glass of tea or a cup of coffee? The coffee is mocha and the tea is green tea.

So, I suppose some of you have seen my "What do your Pirates do in their Spare Time?" thread. Well, what do your CREWS do in their spare time?

Well, when I'm busy with something in the captain's quarters, I usually just let them do what they want as long as it doesn't involve blowing stuff up without me. Ratbeard breaks that rule every time. Well, sometimes I have to ask Catbeard and Bonnie to make lunch (they're not bad cooks!) even though Catbeard sneaks pickled herring into stuff sometimes. Gracie is almost always downstairs, in the lower deck, working on her golems and mechanical traps, and sometimes they have to forcefully drag her upstairs to get her to help when there's the occasional boarding. Monkey King spends a lot of time talking with El Toro and Ratbeard, because for some reason they manage to not fight constantly. And Flint, Tyson, and Rooster Cogburn usually just chill and talk about... chickenly things. The Bison are always chattering away over Buffaloon burgers and tea. Wing Chun sometimes, when not steering, spends his spare time with El Toro and the other two, and once or twice they've pranked Neko when she's trying to concentrate. Catbeard and Neko often chat together about cat stuff and about their home worlds, and the difference between them. Bonnie and Gracie seem to like using their spare time together too, Bonnie sometimes helping Gracie downstairs, while Gracie repairs Bonnie's musket. It's quite nice to see how well they get along.

So, what do your crews do in their spare time? Post here!

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Sarah Steele and Bonnie Anne give orders. They also spend there time together and love to organize training's. Subodai and Ratbeard take turns steering. My two monkey's make the food. Milo Graytail, Froggo Villa, and Old Scratch help fix the ship. Yeah, lets go with that!

Vanessa Everhart Level 21
Melody Collins Level 14
Allison Hawkins Level 9
Misty Windlass Level 4

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
It's pretty much what the do at breakfast, they relax, train, and have fun. The read books from my library (anyone read A Tale of Two Skyways? Love it!), but anyway, I'd like to thank you for asking us all the questions that make us think long and hard, but I think you should take a break from the baking, you're stuffing me! Instead, would you like a piece of Valencian Tiramisu or a glass of delisious carbonated Orange Juice-Yum blend? But thank you for all this, the message boards would a much less interesting place without your posts.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
What my crew likes to do in their spare time? Well, aside from keeping an eye on my clockworks 24/7 waiting for them to turn on us and yell in my face "WE TOLD YOU SO!", they are nice people. I treat them all as equals on my crew. Gracie just spends her spare time keeping my clockworks in check, and to keep them from malfunctioning. El Toro and Mustang Sally are great help when it comes to checking the generators in the volcano (those two will jump at the chance for adventure at any given time), but in their spare time, they always go on a honeymoon. Sarah, Bagha Khan, Catbeard, Ridolfo, and Iago don't get along (each of them was once my first mate, and Khan is still my first mate), so in their spare time, they like to sabotage each other, well, all except Bagha Khan, he doesn't care who wants first mate, he just thinks it is an honor to be a first mate (they think I don't notice them sabotaging each other, but I do notice a LOT, I just find it funny -snickers-). Bonnie Anne likes to target practice in her spare time using captured Armada clockworks as her targets. Ratbeard just spends most of his spare time in the dinning hall drinking Yum till he passes out.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Doughnuts? I like the sound of that! x eats doughnuts x

What they do is beyond my control now. Most of the time you hear El Toro yelling about bombs, and you also hear, "BOOM BOOM BOOM!" The reason: El Toro suddenly decided he wants to carry explosives, so in her free time, Gracie makes as many as she can. Then El Toro hurls them in a pit all the time. Ratbeard and Bonnie or Ratbeard and Catbeard are usually arguing over random things. Later on Mormo and Old Scratch practice their Hoodoo, and they usually hit some people, namely me. The more, well, normal companions train. I have no idea what the others do.........

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Matthew Ashford on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
It's pretty much what the do at breakfast, they relax, train, and have fun. The read books from my library (anyone read A Tale of Two Skyways? Love it!), but anyway, I'd like to thank you for asking us all the questions that make us think long and hard, but I think you should take a break from the baking, you're stuffing me! Instead, would you like a piece of Valencian Tiramisu or a glass of delisious carbonated Orange Juice-Yum blend? But thank you for all this, the message boards would a much less interesting place without your posts.
-blushes- D'awwww.... That's sweet of you to say! I've always loved making things interesting and fun, and it's just something I really enjoy. Baking is a favorite pastime of mine as well. I have practically no end to ideas. :D

And thanks for the Tiramisu and Orange Yum... It's good!

Ciao!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I don't know what catbeard does in his spare time, but I keep noticing a lack of pickled herring in my ships hold

Ensign
Jun 17, 2013
This might sound dumb to you but you can actually make your companions do stuff when you are not in battle/

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
oh you had to ask!
while the crew is relaxing, they inevitably get to drinking the yum.
some like the red, some like the blue and some like both!

then always always the arguing begins as to who was the most beneficial warrior in winning the battles from the early days of skull mountain to the brutal days of aquila

the only way the arguing stops is when goronado gortez stands up, yanks the yum from eep opp ork ah-ah announcing that any more yum for eep opp will result in a final nervous breakdown for him as his constant shaking motion begins to rock the ship so violently that all have to abandon ship and escape to my volcano house, where they all tend to spread out and finally settle down for a well deserved sleep

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Having such a large crew isn't easy to handle. Hawkules is always bragging and trying to goad Wagyu into a sparring session. Eventually, Fin Dorsal gets annoyed and it usually takes both Argos and Monterrey Jack to restrain him. Bonnie Anne and Zeena have formed an unlikely friendship. Zeena respects Bonnies skill and I think Bonnie secretly admires Zeena's bloodthirsty nature. El Toro is always sneaking off to see his wife so I have assigned Ratbeard and Iago to keep an eye on him. My Bison Shaman Brave Arm and Monquista Initiate have a good time discussing theology while the water moles Nanu Nanu and Oingo Boingo spend their time fishing for herring (to Catbeards delight). Lightning Eyes, my Ninja Pig and Egg Shen keep to themselves and frankly, I forget they are there most of the time until it's time for adventuring then they are the first ones on the boat. But thing that really gets me is how Old Scratch just sits there motionless and just stares. He's proven himself over and over again as a valuable member of my crew but, to be honest, he really creeps me out.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
What my crew likes to do in their spare time? Well, aside from keeping an eye on my clockworks 24/7 waiting for them to turn on us and yell in my face "WE TOLD YOU SO!", they are nice people. I treat them all as equals on my crew. Gracie just spends her spare time keeping my clockworks in check, and to keep them from malfunctioning. El Toro and Mustang Sally are great help when it comes to checking the generators in the volcano (those two will jump at the chance for adventure at any given time), but in their spare time, they always go on a honeymoon. Sarah, Bagha Khan, Catbeard, Ridolfo, and Iago don't get along (each of them was once my first mate, and Khan is still my first mate), so in their spare time, they like to sabotage each other, well, all except Bagha Khan, he doesn't care who wants first mate, he just thinks it is an honor to be a first mate (they think I don't notice them sabotaging each other, but I do notice a LOT, I just find it funny -snickers-). Bonnie Anne likes to target practice in her spare time using captured Armada clockworks as her targets. Ratbeard just spends most of his spare time in the dinning hall drinking Yum till he passes out.
LOL I like the Ratbeard one it's so funny! But anyway...

Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne are always arguing. Hah! Barnabus and Kobe and Milo either spend most of their time training or hang out in the nearby tavern drinking about 5 bottles of yum(Kobe drinks the least since he is a samurai ha) Old scratch and Vero Chavez take guard of the ship. There. Thanks for the snacks Emma!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Well on my ship the crew gets a diffrient cabin depending on there class (i know thats a little classist but im not trying to do that just sorting out my crew)
-the buccaneer cabin-
anyways subodai likes practicing fighting with his mechate while having decorations and stuff styled as a mixture of santo pollo and mooshu
ratbeard has a room decorated just like scrimshaw and has my 2nd oldest ship in his room(and remember it's bottled) he is also the chef and every sunday makes pasta
my monquistrador i forgot the name of since i have not played pirate101 in give or take two months Has a complete monquistan styled war room where he plans battles for the oppisistion and sends messages on his adventures to gortez
jake dillion my chicken miner's room has a mixture of various chicken styles for his decoration and also tends to play minecraft(p.s. he told me he just enchanted his diamond sword with harpness,bane of aphropods and knockback
stormy sky my newest one has made his room room's paint color black and put a bit of red spots on it and he also has a back up cannon in the room just in case
-to be countinued-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CressHall on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
This might sound dumb to you but you can actually make your companions do stuff when you are not in battle/
This is just a trip through the imagination zone here. And you can if you count having your first mate follow you through the game.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Well lets see. -eats doughnut- Me and Birgus go blow things up. Bonnie Anne and Louis le Bisque are either in the kitchen or writing poetry. Wing Chun, well he goes through five practice dummies a day. Ratbeard................ well I occasionally see him on the news (whispers blue words) not in the good way. -sips tea- Good tea! And Old Scratch either comes with me or plays Solitaire. And that be all of it.
Musketeer OUT!

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Forgot to say Romba swims!
Muskateer OUT!

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Well let me think... *eats doughnut* *sips tea* Old Scratch spends a lot of time practicing Hoodoo. Bonnie and Vinny spend a lot of time in the shooting range. Sometimes I see Vinny around the treasure room, so far nothing has gone missing. Bonnie and Sarah spend a lot of time together, being the only girls on the crew. Subodi, Gaspard, and my Monquistador are ALWAYS training. Ratbeard spends a lot of time drinking Yum and sleeping. Wait... I think I need to have a talk with him. And I don't really know what Oscar (crazed monquistador) does. I think I wanna keep it that way though. Merciless Nicole Underwood Level 16 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Aug 24, 2011
usually i find ratbeard and sarah steele together (always laughing about something trying to play it off like they are just friends. )i commonly find bonie anne on the phone talking to another person every other day.nurse quinn almost always has a patient to tend to. subodai usally meditates coming closer to his ancestors. old scratch is always so hard to find so lately i havent even bothered looking. handsome dan is commonly on the phone commanding another cuandron of his army. gaspard de vole is usually nibblin on something. pedro de ribera is usually playing chess against don bernardo alouatta. tricky vinny has lately either slept or done target practice. as fer the rest, i truthfully dont know

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
What does my crew do in its free time? Well, they are always calm! Hehehe that's a joke alright...

Behind-the-Scenes Exclusive Sneak Peek!
El Toro gives lessons to some of the lesser Swashbucklers on the team, like Froggo Villa (Toro's biggest fan), Mustang Sally (No longer in secret!!!), that Toreador fellow watches by but doesn't need the lessons too terribly..
Ratbeard pretends to be doing stuff around the ship but is really quite jealous of all the Swashy Skills...
Old Scratch and Ted the Hermit Crab practice their Mojo (although I'm not really particularly fond of it when our ship gets sucked into the underworld or another dimension).
Bonnie can't wait until Gracie gets on the crew! All she ever does is talk to people about her... It's all I hear about... Other than that Bonnie has fights with Ratbeard spontaneously. They both have too much yum these days...
Subodai and Monkey King lay back and talk about the older days of the spiral (I've had to tell a few others on the crew not to snicker at them... RATBEARD!!! Hands off the explosives!). Gaspard tells a few stories about Marco Pollo and my parents too... Them oldies love it.
Buffalo Bill and that Weasel Gambler (My lucky charm!), along with the other Cool Ranch buds, talk about Cool Ranch politics (they drone on for HOURS on end, I swear)
And they all love the automatic Yum dispenser in the lower section of the ship (although there's rumors going around that a few of the companions have been falling into a deep sleep) until they all are barely fit to be in battles.
And Ratbeard drinks Yum until he passes out! Hehehe nice job on that one!

Brass Leo Hornigold, Swashbuckler Level 51
Arrrrrrrrrrr c ya in the skyways!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Well...... Weasel Gambler sits around waiting to play someone in cards no one will though he cheats . Subodi trains in our new training area in Rakes Grotto non-stop I don't know if he eats or sleeps . Romba breaks something Bonnie fixes what Romba breaks