Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest help: The Passage

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
I am a level 64 swashbuckler and I am having trouble defeating Scylla. I can't even destroy 1 of her heads. I am also trying to raise my nautical level to help but it is taking way too long. What is the best way to get through the passage and to raise my nautical level? Please help me.

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
Swashbuckling Jay on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 64 swashbuckler and I am having trouble defeating Scylla. I can't even destroy 1 of her heads. I am also trying to raise my nautical level to help but it is taking way too long. What is the best way to get through the passage and to raise my nautical level? Please help me.
I had the same problem as you, I was level 42 nautical when I first tried it. I went back and raised my nautical xp through lots of slow grinding and side quests I had missed.

If there is an alternative I am not aware of it.

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Swashbuckling Jay on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Scylla is actually pretty easy if you know what to expect. When I first did it on test I had no idea what was going on and it was hectic. But now I understand the battle and it was cake when I did it on live. First of all, my nautical level was maxed. This helps, but it's not necessary. If you want to raise your nautical level fast and get some choice nautical equipment, just head out into the skyways on a crowded server and there is usually a group or two farming one of the Aquilan ship bosses. ( Pluton with the vulture pirates down under Talos, and Spartacos with the eagle renegades west of Laestrygon ) What you want to expect when fighting Scylla is a tough nautical battle at first. ( it gets much easier as you start to kill the heads ) After two of the heads are defeated you enter deck combat and have to fight off a few Scylla spawn. ( like freaky looking crab crawlies ) You may be outnumbered by them for this battle if you are alone, if you have a friend on they can help by clearing out Scylla spawn tokens during the ship battle; ( it's about the most a friend can do to help with this battle ) however for a swashbuckler this battle should be pretty easy. After that it's really just finishing off the other two heads. The most difficult part of this extensive battle is the first two heads. Simply remember to keep an eye on your health, heal only when necessary. ( around about or just under 75% health, it's better to heal a little under than to over-heal ) If your health gets dangerously low and there is no hope of healing it back up, remember that you can use a mojo potion to completely heal it. It is good to have all your potions for this battle, but really you'll probably only need one at most. Just remember all that and don't panic, it's really quite a simple battle, just focus one head at a time and it's like cake. I hope this helps, and good luck with your battle!

Anne

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I have no idea how to get pass Scylla, since I haven't gotten there yet

But I find the best way to getting more nxp is to help somebody destroying ships. Just fly up to the ship they're attacking and help them out. I also recommend doing this somewhere in the later worlds like Aquila or MarleyBone, cause the ships will give more nxp when destroyed.

~~ Happy Sailing, mate