Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Samocles! Where are you!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 29, 2011
I just completed the side quest chain given by frontinus in achea, where you train to be a gladiator in the coliseum, and at the end, swashbucklers get a companion called samocles, an eagle gladiator. I am not a swashbuckler and was intending to buy this companion in the crown shop, but he didn't appear. I assume this is a bug?

Level of your character: 65Location where the bug occurred: Nova Aquila in the Coliseum right after finishing the quest.Quest Name (if applicable): The quest he is rewarded from is called- Kitty!Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable): Samocles-Eagle GladiatorHow often does this bug seem to happen? All the timeWere you playing Solo? YesWere you the only one to experience this issue? No, other people have reported it. Can you reproduce this bug? Yes

Thanks so much!

(P.S. When I was fighting the Scylla, white squares were popping up when I was fighting the crabs, just another bug I thought I should point out as well)

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
If I'm not mistaken Samocles is a "Class Only" companion for Swashbucklers and he will not be available to the other classes through the Crowns Shop. Same thing with Argos for the Privateers.

I've completed both of those quests and all of AQ on my Buccaneer and neither of those companions became available for her.

The only thing I can say is if you REALLY want the Samocles companion, then you'll have to create a Swashbuckler pirate to get him. So Sorry

~SM~

Captain
May 02, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken Samocles is a "Class Only" companion for Swashbucklers and he will not be available to the other classes through the Crowns Shop. Same thing with Argos for the Privateers.

I've completed both of those quests and all of AQ on my Buccaneer and neither of those companions became available for her.

The only thing I can say is if you REALLY want the Samocles companion, then you'll have to create a Swashbuckler pirate to get him. So Sorry

~SM~
I hate being the guy who corrects everyone, but yes Samocles is Swash only, which means only swashbucklers will get him from the quest. And everyone else from the crowns shop. I know this because both my Privateer and Witchdoctor have completed AQ (not the side quests though) My Privateer got Argos and my Witchdoctor unlocked him in the crowns shop. I haven't done Samocles' quest yet so this might be a bug if what you are saying is true.

Administrator
Hi! We realize this is a bit unexpected, so we'll discuss it and perhaps see about having Samocles unlock in the Crown Shop for all characters in a future update to the game. Thanks for your report!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*