Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

low lvl fighting high lvl...

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
so the other day i was doing some quests in aquila when a lvl 10 joined in.... this made the battle a lot more difficult because she also brought enemies with her since she was not strong enough to fight them. it was as if i was fighting twice more enemies on my own! it was a huge waste of time and a really irritating situation...

may i suggest to do so that the low lvl can not join a battle with extremely higher lvl enemies? i do not might when a low lvl helps me fight in a ship battle but when it comes to fight on ground it bring me to a huge disadventage

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Vinny Ace on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
so the other day i was doing some quests in aquila when a lvl 10 joined in.... this made the battle a lot more difficult because she also brought enemies with her since she was not strong enough to fight them. it was as if i was fighting twice more enemies on my own! it was a huge waste of time and a really irritating situation...

may i suggest to do so that the low lvl can not join a battle with extremely higher lvl enemies? i do not might when a low lvl helps me fight in a ship battle but when it comes to fight on ground it bring me to a huge disadventage

simple fix. Turn off friend porting

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Play on a less crowded server too if its an open difficult area.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
masterryan1969 on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
simple fix. Turn off friend porting
it wasnt friend porting it was just a random person who join my battle and made it very difficult!

Community Leader
Vinny Ace on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
it wasnt friend porting it was just a random person who join my battle and made it very difficult!
The same thing happened to me when I did the tea house instance in mooshu. A level 15 (who was not on my friend list) was milling about outside the instance, entered with me (I didn't realize what lvl he was at that time), fought the first fight, died in 1-2 hits and I was left to fight, as you mentioned, twice as many enemies. The worst part was after the battle was over, he runs ahead, yelling "come on! Let's go!" When I refused, he had a level 20 friend port to him and they, presumable, went off to lose a battle further up. I took a brief break, then came back and finished the instance alone. Weird.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I agree, this prevents power leveling and I hope you can do something to discourage the greedy ones from doing this. Is it a really complicated thing to have the system not let you play if you are too many levels lower than the target? I know this is doable with ship side fights. I agree that is VERY annoying. I generally get rid of them by refusing to heal them but that becomes a problem real fast because that would prevent me from using my team heals. Most are there to get the high level stuff so they can sell it. Fighting twice the bad guys because someone is too weak can make you lose the fight really fast in places like Marleybone and Aquila. I know you can't fix bad manners but this really impedes our progress in the game. Thanks for your consideration in this issue.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
The same thing happened to me when I did the tea house instance in mooshu. A level 15 (who was not on my friend list) was milling about outside the instance, entered with me (I didn't realize what lvl he was at that time), fought the first fight, died in 1-2 hits and I was left to fight, as you mentioned, twice as many enemies. The worst part was after the battle was over, he runs ahead, yelling "come on! Let's go!" When I refused, he had a level 20 friend port to him and they, presumable, went off to lose a battle further up. I took a brief break, then came back and finished the instance alone. Weird.
the worst part is when you tell them to leave and not join your battles and then one of their friend who is higher lvl takes their defence. like if your helping a lower lvl get some gold on your own will, dont force other people to fight with you if they dont want to!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I know how annoying it must be i was almost done with beachead with the last battle with bishop and i forgot to turn off friend telports and a lvl 16 person joins luckily not with his crew and he died in the first fround and i had to fight an extra battle angel which are the ones i hate the most since the dodge and do a big deal of damage since they are swashbucklers

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 57
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i felt that way to a lvl 12. a lvl 12 joined my fight at boot hill and it got hard so i deleted him for following me every where including boot hill

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I was helping my sister with the Bison Lodge instance, when all of a sudden her level 10 friend ports in, brings in another Bison Brave, and gets my sister killed. When we got back outside after our defeat, I said to her "Never turn on friend ports-EVER- when in an important instance." Then we went in, and completed it.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer