Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

best power and epic talent

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 26, 2011
hey guys i just wanted to know which of the power and epic talent is the best you guys think

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I don't have a particular favourite power card, but I'm definitely fond of the traps. They especially help when you're down on your last shred of health and your only option is to run around and hope that boss you're fighting accidentally steps on one.

As for epics, I'd say Relentless/Burst Fire x2. Yes, there's only a 35%-ish chance it'll activate, but if you're on a good roll of luck, you can deal a pretty good amount of damage in one round.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
~~ Noir The Sable

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Chain Lighting by far you can get a nice high arc going (mine is at 22 arcs) and if you have good damage as a Witchdoctor you can do a ez 300+ with each arc hit

As for epics mojo echo and cowards bane. both are really good for witchdoctors(unlike mojo rising worthless epic for PCs)

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
jinka45 on May 23, 2013 wrote:
hey guys i just wanted to know which of the power and epic talent is the best you guys think
FOR PVE

The two fire cards that come with zeena princess warrior :)

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
of my favorite epics on a tie between 5 classes i say

Buccaneer: Cheap Shot(i think its called that)

Musketeer: Burst Fire

Privateer: Relentless

Swashbuckler: Riposite

Witchdoctor: Mojo Echo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I don't know that I would argue that they are "the best", but I am very fond of the Juju series and I love flanking.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I always try to train Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo on my companions when given the opportunity. I also make sure that those are trained high up in Accuracy to ensure that they hit more often.

Pairing Relentless with First Strike on some of my Buccaneer/Swashbuckler companions has often times seen the enemy go down from full health to dead in one round. Especially if it's triggering the mobs' own epics like Vengeance Strike This happened just last night while running my Buccaneer through the Labyrinth. I had my newly acquired Eagle Hoplite, Zelos Maximus (LOVE the name btw) and he just killed one of those Buccaneer class Ophidians by himself in one turn!

Of course these options aren't always available so I have to say that Riposte is up there at the top, too. With this epic I make sure that my companions are high on the Dodgy side.

When I first started, though, Bladestorm was my favorite cause it would enable me to kill a minion who was low on health then be able to have the chance to start whomping on a second! As I've progressed through the game and worked more with other people, I've realized this isn't always feasible because my crew doesn't always get to go first. Which means that those I've targeted in hopes of this epic activating, won't because the crew that went first almost always targets/kills them before mine do.

However, the Musketeer equivalent, Double Tap, is still excellent. Because they don't need to be standing next to, just in range of, then they have more choices on who their second (or third if trained x2) target will be.

~SM~

edited: changed are to aren't and added Double Tap

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
The critical boost privateers have cause some awesome combos especially with el toro and the epic talent relentless.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
for you (not companions) id say the last swashbucker power
Strong Elijah Newton level 12