Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Pirate101 Poll!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Recently, Kingsisle has released this poll. Submit your answers here or on the Poll page on the Newsletter, January 2013.

If you could change at least one character's voice, who would it be?

My answers are Death, Toady (The guy that says "The one who has a favor can transfer a favor to another person who owes the favor, and the favor ower can transfer the favor to anyone involved in the favor that the person who owes the favor or the favor owner"), and Deacon.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Seriously, I wouldn't change any of the voices. They all work so very well for each character: Jack Russell's light tenor, Bonnie Anne's warm, accented mezzo soprano, Gortez' rich basso profundo (no wonder Gortez is a charismatic leader -- just listening to him puts you under a spell!)... and so many others. Deacon's is one of the ones I felt was particularly excellent - cold & strangely inflected (he is not a living person after all) yet smooth & attractive. I have no idea how the voice actor managed to accomplish that feat of having such a contrast, which only enhanced Deacon's ability to be creepy, frightening, yet fascinating all at once!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I love Death's voice it sounds like what a cartoon Death voice would sound like. Trust me. It's hilarious!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like some of the Terry Prachett books, where Death is a significant character who always speaks in caps. I think it would have been funny if Death's text was all in caps.

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
My computer has no sound. Can someone tell me if Ensign Emmett has a British accent?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Burly Bart Bellamy on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
My computer has no sound. Can someone tell me if Ensign Emmett has a British accent?
He does! And his s's whistle.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I would change Deacon. It was very good in beta and the start of the game, but now it sounds very human.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ensign Emmett kind of sounds like Gopher in Winnie the Pooh. Even has a kind of whistle going on. So yes he does sounds a bit British.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Burly Bart Bellamy on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Yes Barty, Emmit has a british accent.

Moving on, I can't think of a voice that should be changed at the moment, but if I do, I will post it.

Impish Omar Underwood