Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

BoochBeard Mischief...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
It seems ol' Boochbeard is pulling off an Ambrose on us. I repeatedly will get tutorial tips every day when I join the game, about Life Fountains, PvP, ship unbottling, etc.

It comes really annoying, especially small cut scenes that stop you from walking. I was hoping if Kingsisle could look into this...

Administrator
Hi!

This is most likely caused by playing on a different computer between sessions or by re-installing Pirate101 on your computer. To minimize this occurrence, you might try only playing Pirate101 on the same computer each time (realizing that may not be the optimal solution) or perhaps going into your options menu and selecting that the game only show you Critical Tutorial Tips.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

This is most likely caused by playing on a different computer between sessions or by re-installing Pirate101 on your computer. To minimize this occurrence, you might try only playing Pirate101 on the same computer each time (realizing that may not be the optimal solution) or perhaps going into your options menu and selecting that the game only show you Critical Tutorial Tips.
I realized getting these multiple times was usually due to playing on a different/new computer however I noticed last night, as Boochbeard tells me to press P to manage my powers, and I follow his instructions, pressing P to manage my powers, that he doesnt seem to acknowledge my following along, and in a moment says...

Nevermind... you can learn that later... Even though I am trying to follow along with him.

So, even if you follow along with Boochbeard and his tips, it seems he ignores you.

Think he just got used to the players ignoring him?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
HA! I'll forward that along. Thanks!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

This is strange because I do not play on any different computer. I am not sure what the occurrence is

Administrator
Ruthless Anthony on May 3, 2013 wrote:
This is strange because I do not play on any different computer. I am not sure what the occurrence is
Hmm. If you happen to notice a pattern as to when this happens or which tutorial tips are especially tricky, please let us know! If we can establish a pattern, it really helps identify the root of the problem.

I'll see if I can find out more here.

Thanks!