Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

tribal crew companions are too rare

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 09, 2009
i've spent an average of 15k crowns getting the first 3 companions. then i spent 40k to get the 4th. now i've spent 40k crowns trying to get the 5th companion and it hasn't shown up, now i'm out of crowns and i think it costs way too much to get them. so far trying to get all 5 companions i've spent a total of 125k crowns and i'm still missing one. i'm going to have to quit the game if i spend too much more money trying to get the 5th as it costs way too much money and i can't afford it.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
5freeze5 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
i've spent an average of 15k crowns getting the first 3 companions. then i spent 40k to get the 4th. now i've spent 40k crowns trying to get the 5th companion and it hasn't shown up, now i'm out of crowns and i think it costs way too much to get them. so far trying to get all 5 companions i've spent a total of 125k crowns and i'm still missing one. i'm going to have to quit the game if i spend too much more money trying to get the 5th as it costs way too much money and i can't afford it.
no one is forcing you to buy the packs.

Ive bought the packs sure and managed to get 1 of the companions and i stopped. There wasn't a need to keep trying to get more when i got several other companions that work just as good.

I know alot of players that have spent more then 15k and still didn't get 1 companion.

Administrator
Yarr!

We're sorry you're disappointed, Pirate. It's a random loot roll from a treasure trove of random items: There is a large mix of housing items, treasures, attire, mounts, pets, companions, and weapons. Some of the companions from the pack are very, very rare. Please be aware, with all random chances (not just in this game), the odds of winning reset with each attempt (so, if you have 1:100 chance of getting the desired item, each time you roll, your odds are 1:100 - that does NOT mean if you buy 100 packs, you'll get 1).

Although in game purchases are not eligible for a refund, please note the value of the items you looted from the pack far exceeded the crowns you spent. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Yarr!

We're sorry you're disappointed, Pirate. It's a random loot roll from a treasure trove of random items: There is a large mix of housing items, treasures, attire, mounts, pets, companions, and weapons. Some of the companions from the pack are very, very rare. Please be aware, with all random chances (not just in this game), the odds of winning reset with each attempt (so, if you have 1:100 chance of getting the desired item, each time you roll, your odds are 1:100 - that does NOT mean if you buy 100 packs, you'll get 1).

Although in game purchases are not eligible for a refund, please note the value of the items you looted from the pack far exceeded the crowns you spent. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.
I agree with you Jack. I have spent a bit of crowns too and I have managed to get four of the types of companions, five total. When ever I want some gold to get someone over the line to a promotion they are close to I always buy tribal packs. The loot that I can sell gives me much more gold than if I were to just simply buy gold from the crown shop. Plus there is always the fun of getting a cool, extremely rare item it the process. You don's always get exactly what you want from these packs but you get so many fun surprises that you never expected.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Yarr!

One eyed jack I think some odds are quite common I spent 10000 crowns and got two so incase its the reason

Fiery Angel Freeman
Level 50

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I spent 50k and i didnt get even 1 companion huehue

Ensign
Mar 15, 2013
I think that aztecosaur companions are way to rare so that's why I think that KI should change the rareness so that it is just a little less rare please KI KI KI please.

+ so you don't have to spend 10,000$ on crowns just to get one companion.