Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Sounds for El Toro are too loud in battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
The battle sounds of El Toro are too loud. Every time the trumpet or even the music plays for his move, I have to immediately turn down my speakers! Or if I am wearing head phones, i have to take them off real quick! NOT GOOD! Also, the spell with the drums also does this. Everyone I talk to agrees with me. Please fix it. It makes the game un-enjoyable.

Ensign
Jun 11, 2010
I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!! I was watching a basketball game the other day while playing, so I put my computer's volume to 2%. But later when I was in battle, El Toro had a Mega Hit and it was really loud and it caught the attention of me, my dad, and my two dogs sitting on the ground next to me. KI, please fix this if it is possible. Thanks

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Yep, i can listen El Toro loudy moves from my headphones even if i am not wearing them .
If he is not so much useful i would prolly not use him for this reason, also i surnamed him El Loudy

Ensign
Aug 26, 2012
Pitstop83 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
The battle sounds of El Toro are too loud. Every time the trumpet or even the music plays for his move, I have to immediately turn down my speakers! Or if I am wearing head phones, i have to take them off real quick! NOT GOOD! Also, the spell with the drums also does this. Everyone I talk to agrees with me. Please fix it. It makes the game un-enjoyable.
He's only loud in PVP. In battle against NPCs, it's OK.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
I think Espirit De Corps should be more quiet as well, the sound of it travels to the next room of my house if I leave my headphones on the table, and the volume isn't even on full blast.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
El Toro would say: You can't quiet justice ( El toro is a show off )

But it is loud

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
WHY did you hate my ultimite favorite and el toros crictal attacks are not loud although yes is acuury buffs are loud but i turn my sound down el toro is my first mate and is one of my highest levels so el toro is fine unless you want to argue aboult it if one-eyed jack makes his mega hits quieter i will be very upset but i dont mind if KI turns acurrcy aned accurcy dodge buffs sound quieter

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
yes privateers have the same problem with the trumpet it always end up trying to hide pu speaker for the sound not to come off and i have really big speakers so i look verry dumb

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I think the volume being way too loud is the point. El Toro is kind of a show off and likes flair and this draws attention to him.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 42

Community Leader
El Toro's buffs sounds are incredibly obnoxious.
These are so obnoxious I no longer am able to enjoy the rest of the audio of the game because I must MUTE Pirate101 in order to play it. I guess I could simply shelve El Toro, but he is one of the best/funnest companions in the game.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 24, 2012
El toro my favorite too he deserves respect and his sound is fine

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
No it's not. I have adjusted all my volume levels and El Toro's trumpets, etc. still make the cats jump off my lap! It needs to be adjusted down to the same levels as all other game actions.

Community Leader
Would like to hear a developers thoughts on this.

Personally I think its quite a detriment to have one or two sound bites in the game that are so obnoxious it makes us turn sounds way down or completely off.

Seems like a waste of efforts they likely put into the rest of the games sounds/voice overs ruined by someones sick sense of humor in implementing these very loud/obnoxious sounds. Its like hearing my alarm go off in the morning, I hate it, but an alarm is supposed to have that reaction, not playing a game.

Love the game, love to "hear" most the game, its ashamed I have to play with sound off, specifically due to the noise made when El Toro's buffs are cast.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I have to warn other players in pvp before I use El Toro because then they'll have to deal with El Toro's noise.
I think it would be better for ALL of us if El Toro was not as loud.

Administrator
This should be fixed in the next major update to the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thank you so much Jack. It will be nice to get back to enjoying all the nice sound effects in your game, like the loons in mooshu. I miss them but El Torro has necessitated my keeping the game muted.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
am i the only one who likes it like that? well i guess ill just turn the volume up

Community Leader
PiratePoster on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
am i the only one who likes it like that? well i guess ill just turn the volume up
Well, I dont mind his critical music, or most of the in battle noises.

The only one I could not handle and forced me to turn off all game sounds (because i use the feature frequently) is El Toro's accuracy and dodge buff.

The drums are cool, but the whoopee whistle noise and/or trumpet playing (whatever it is), is incredibly obnoxious. Its volume seems to be 3x louder than the other effects, and are obnoxious alarm like sounds, not flowing music...

All my friends jokingly say "WAKE UP!" on skype when we cast these spells (I think Privateer has a similarly noisy buff, I never use because of the noise, lol)

Community Leader
Ops and I forgot to say Thanks! to One-Eyed Jack and the developers.

Looking forward to trying the game audio again!!

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
hebytr on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
El toro my favorite too he deserves respect and his sound is fine
I agree ignore them fight on the message boards for El Toro!

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
El Toro's specials are really loud. I was hoping that others would notice, and a whole lot did. i am blasting out my eardrums from that. Its not really the trumpet part, more like right after, when they burst and deals out the improvements.